Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 am

Seemed a bit sad not having a thread for these figs.

Wave 1 looks like this:

Wave 2 looks like this:

Wave 3 looks like this:
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:16 am

And according to yesterdays' interview by Pixel Dan, wave 1 will ship "in a month", so end of August 2020.

I suspect a lot of online shops will follow after that, so end of September, maybe October.
dchimpy
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Has there been any mention of wave 2 being pushed back as well, since wave 1 is delayed?
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:12 am

Nope, nothing whatsoever. Not even updated packaging shots, I think.

They need to figure out some way to keep customers updated on what's going on with their various "in-production" or "pre-production" waves. The Four Horsemen have a very nice little website for their Mythic Legions (same issue, very long waiting times) - I don't see why S7 can't do that... http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/about/release-status
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 am

So, the big question now is, who's gonna win the award for longest unfulfilled preorder?

Right now, my MAFEX Dark Knight Returns Batman is at one year and nine days.

Super7 Mumm-Ra is ten days shy of one year.

I think Super7 is gonna take this thing.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:59 am

Well, a lot of third-party sites that offer these have adjusted their estimated delivery to September-October - so Mumm-Ra is defintely a contender ;)

I just don't understand how S7 can be this awful at engaging with their customers about this stuff. We all get that these take time to make, and a pandemic doesn't help. But why do I have to watch a 30min interview on some Youtube channel not owned by S7 to find out that these are on the boat and expected to arrive within a few weeks. Boggles my mind...
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

From this tweet:
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Nice find! Looks like S7 ist maybe trying to control the narrative a little bit after the initial poor reviews. Love the packaging for TC!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:59 pm

Weren't the first wave of TCats solicited a considerably long time before TMNT? Am I not remembering that correctly? Because I'm sitting here wondering why TMNT stuff is starting to ship, but there's not even a mention from S7 about the TCats figures yet, which should have come out first.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 pm

I think you are right, I thought it was the other way around. When you go way back on their instagram, than TC were shown middle of August 2019, TMNT in September... weird
Baedal
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:49 am

Apparently, aesthetic issues in Lion-o middle parts and inverted calves in Jackalman AGAIN, a bummer. Everything was notified in time to Super7.
Brian said the way the claw would be held would be improved, but it's the same, they did nothing. I was expecting Lion-O skin color to be a little more vibrant orange like the vintage toy or animation cel, but it's still boring and dull.
The colors in Panthro are totally out of place, the difference in tones on his face is too much, from gray to white, and the trunks also have the wrong color, it must have been blue, the prototype didn't look like that.
Mattel figures were made 5 years ago, I hoped that Super7 could improve the issues, it sells them at double the price and didn't. Waiting a year since I paid for this, is disappointing.
KnightDamien

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:37 am

I'm concerned about the hilts of those daggers looking like unpainted, flat primer grey plastic. I don't care overmuch about the dagger version, but if that's how the full Sword of Omens is going to look, that's [email protected]#$ cheap and pathetic for a 45-dollar action figure.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:43 am

To be fair, they got a lot of shit for painting accessories in the past. It rubs off very quickly when you put it in the hand of the figure. Should they have molded the sword in "hilt" color and then painted the blade? Sure. But it actually is supposed to have a grey/metal hilt, so...seems like a reasonable compromise to be me.
KnightDamien

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Lasastard wrote: To be fair, they got a lot of shit for painting accessories in the past. It rubs off very quickly when you put it in the hand of the figure. Should they have molded the sword in "hilt" color and then painted the blade? Sure. But it actually is supposed to have a grey/metal hilt, so...seems like a reasonable compromise to be me.
I'm not sure about it being reasonable. Reasonable, I think would be one of two things; Fixing your paint to be more resilient (I have tons of painted accessories with little or no wear, or only significant wear after a very long time and lots of switching around) OR fixing your injection color to be more silvery. I don't think the best possible compromise if you're having paint problems is to say '[email protected]#$ it... flat ugly grey plastic.'

Especially, I might add, when you make sure to sell your pre-orders using photos of the accessories painted a nice bright silver. If you know ahead of time you've had 'complaints' and you won't be painting the accessories... maybe paint them flat grey for your press photos and see how people react, instead of painting them beautifully and then sending customers something different.
Whatif?
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:10 am

I’m glad I kept my Mattel figures. I’m still all in with this line but I’ll mix and match things to have the best of both worlds and sell off the leftovers for whatever I can get. I will say it’s weird there are paint issues that aren’t on the Mattel figures. Like how do you make Panthro’s waist the wrong color when the exact same figure came out years ago with the right one? As for the sword of Omens I’ll swap the Mattel one in.

I will say that Super 7 seems pretty receptive to feedback so hopefully if enough people speak out the future waves won’t have these same problems.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”