Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:06 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:08 am
Well, as they say you only get once chance to make a first impression and his first impression wasn't too great. He already had my money and I was just asking if Teela's thigh gap was really worth all the delays. No snark just couldn't really see the point. I know he doesn't want to be the bland corporate type but he's doing that edgy thing too hard. It's the license not really the product, and certainly not the company making them that's why I'm here. After the delays with the MOTU animated line I decided to only pre-order through BBTS or EE. Not giving them money to sit on for over a year and then deliver snark when asking about it.
I agree with everything you are saying. I was one who thought it would be worth the delays if Teela was actually fixed. But we all know what actually happened. I am sure he gets frustrated with how badly things are going (alot of this is due to various decisions HE has made) and loses his temperament and will reply with less decorum than a company marketer should. The problem is, he is the company head and has way more jobs than marketer. This itself leads to issues with product. It's a vicious cycle. Some of it is bad luck, but when it repeats ad nauseum for almost 10 years, it's mostly the people in charge of the company who are to blame.

As poorly as some of my favorite fictional characters have been realized by them, the fact that their business has been going strong for this long shows he is doing something right. After all, he is doing what he loves and making a living at it. Even if Teela and Cheetara were mutilated in the process. :ugh:
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:42 am

Yeah, at the end of the day I'm perfectly happy with my TC collection. Getting modern TC and SH are something I thought I'd never see so they are fulfilling that need for me. I will concede that my interaction with Brian was years ago so it's probably time to stop grinding that axe! I'm getting good enough for me figures so that's what counts, not the personality of the guy running the company.
Rider
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:39 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:40 am
This is incredible work. What did you do to the piece under the overlay? How did you get it it off? Thank you for showing me that this figure can look good. Mine looks rough.
Thanks! This is going to sound dirty, but between her legs you'll see there is a place where her vest is glued, which has a male and a female peg. I used a hair dryer with a small scredriver to pry it open, and I was able to do it without damaging anything. Just go carefully and heat it a lot. After dremelling the crotch piece and gluing everything back in place, I suggest applying some heat in the overlay where there's an empty space around the crotch, force it down with your thunbs and fingernails, and then put it under cold water for a thermal shock, to try to remove the 3-month pregnant belly :lol:
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:12 pm

Rider wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:39 pm
darkmoon766 wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:40 am
This is incredible work. What did you do to the piece under the overlay? How did you get it it off? Thank you for showing me that this figure can look good. Mine looks rough.
Thanks! This is going to sound dirty, but between her legs you'll see there is a place where her vest is glued, which has a male and a female peg. I used a hair dryer with a small scredriver to pry it open, and I was able to do it without damaging anything. Just go carefully and heat it a lot. After dremelling the crotch piece and gluing everything back in place, I suggest applying some heat in the overlay where there's an empty space around the crotch, force it down with your thunbs and fingernails, and then put it under cold water for a thermal shock, to try to remove the 3-month pregnant belly :lol:
Great, Thanks for the detailed info. Seems like something that could have been done at the factory. I look forward to the challenge.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:49 pm

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:12 am
I agree! I called Brian out once on social media for the constant delays on the initial MOTU animated line and he made a several snarky remarks. Basically told me that he doesn't like crappy figures but that's OK that I do and maybe I should find them from other companies since he won't release a figure until it's perfect. I don't really have a lot of love for that guy. Like I've stated before he's that insufferable Gen X proto-hipster stereotype that hates everything mainstream! :lol:
Interesting. I've met Brian in person numerous times and every single time he is nothing but the nicest guy who has a genuine passion for making toys and merchandise that he always wanted. Every time I've talked to him he has been very transparent about the give and take with being a small company working with Chinese factories and getting the product to come out the way you want it to. I honestly think that some of his on-line interactions are fueled by the sheer volume of asinine comments directed at him. I get that the public snark isn't helpful to his overall image, but I might be the same if I was fielding all of the garbage and vitriol he does. But if you ever talk to him in person he's actually really great to interact with.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:21 pm

I've only seen him in video interviews, but he comes off as incredibly calm.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:51 pm

People are often very different online than they are in person. It's harder to be a total dick when you're face to face. It's funny to read about Marvel writers threatening physical violence to people then hear they're total &@#$! cats when they meet up with the same person at a con! I agree this was early in Super 7's run and he's probably slammed with lots of stupid comments daily. I much prefer talking in person to people and only rarely use social media as a substitute for that. Lots of people think of social media as another version of reality and take on another persona though. I'm sure the people that are snarky asses to Brian online would be very polite in person.

Edit: wait I was referring to cats not female reproductive organs! I can say dick though? Sexism!! :lol:
The Ghost
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:45 am

Zombie F-Body wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:51 pm
People are often very different online than they are in person. It's harder to be a total dick when you're face to face. It's funny to read about Marvel writers threatening physical violence to people then hear they're total &@#$! cats when they meet up with the same person at a con! I agree this was early in Super 7's run and he's probably slammed with lots of stupid comments daily. I much prefer talking in person to people and only rarely use social media as a substitute for that. Lots of people think of social media as another version of reality and take on another persona though. I'm sure the people that are snarky asses to Brian online would be very polite in person.

Edit: wait I was referring to cats not female reproductive organs! I can say dick though? Sexism!! :lol:
Toy Hound
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:23 am

I wonder if Super7 will get around to making creatures from Thundercats? I remember a spider shark creature that tried to eat then when they were crossing a river. I also remember Lion-o arm wrestling a giant for a time capsule thing. Just wondering.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:27 am

I really wanted that spider-shark as a kid. I was hoping they would do that in the LJN days.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:15 pm

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:19 pm

Hm. I would still need to see the full figure, but I think I'm content with the "live" jaga I have already. This was inevitable though. I'm kinda surprised they didn't lead with this version.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:52 pm

Welp, as I unpack from my move, I know not to put live Jaga back in the display!! :mrgreen:
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Obviously Ghost Jaga was a no-brainer so there is definitely no surprise he's coming. I will say I would have thought he'd be more translucent in similar colors to the regular version and not just the translucent blue he seems to be here. I'll be buying him regardless and am eager to see the full package and when and how he'll be offered.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:38 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:52 pm

Welp, as I unpack from my move, I know not to put live Jaga back in the display!! :mrgreen:
I mean, you would likely have a year until it releases, so 'live' Jaga could still be in the display. Then you can reenact his death and 'ghost Jaga' could take over his spot. :mrgreen:

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”