Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:25 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:28 am
Tried to order the tank through Super 7 since it was ending today. It was there when I started check out but sold out during. Stupid that they don't set a specific end time for those of us who like to wait to the last minute. Hard to do that when you don't know when the last minute is.

I am not really that upset about it. That is a lot of money and a $500 vehicle doesn't bring me the same level of joy that $500 worth of figures does.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It's still up for pre-order on BBTS as of this morning.
citysushi
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 872
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:37 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:25 pm
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:28 am
Tried to order the tank through Super 7 since it was ending today. It was there when I started check out but sold out during. Stupid that they don't set a specific end time for those of us who like to wait to the last minute. Hard to do that when you don't know when the last minute is.

I am not really that upset about it. That is a lot of money and a $500 vehicle doesn't bring me the same level of joy that $500 worth of figures does.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It's still up for pre-order on BBTS as of this morning.
Unfortunately, $10 up charge from the shipped price at Super7, plus your $4 flat rate shipping + tax (could be up to 50 bucks). :(
SuperWeirdo
Here comes a new challenger!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Still undecided about the Thundertank. If I buy it, it will be through BBTS. I prefer to use their pile of loot, especially for big items like this. I want to make sure I'm home when it ships.

The size of the Thundertank is concerning, but mostly because this means we probably won't get a Cat's Lair. In order for it to scale accurately, the Cat's Lair would need to take up half my living room, it would need to be 3-4 times larger than Snake Mountain.

I would have rather they released a scaled down Cat's Lair first, and a smaller Thundertank later.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:00 pm

citysushi wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:37 pm
Rex Mason wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:25 pm
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:28 am
Tried to order the tank through Super 7 since it was ending today. It was there when I started check out but sold out during. Stupid that they don't set a specific end time for those of us who like to wait to the last minute. Hard to do that when you don't know when the last minute is.

I am not really that upset about it. That is a lot of money and a $500 vehicle doesn't bring me the same level of joy that $500 worth of figures does.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It's still up for pre-order on BBTS as of this morning.
Unfortunately, $10 up charge from the shipped price at Super7, plus your $4 flat rate shipping + tax (could be up to 50 bucks). :(
I didn't realize it was more than on Super7's site. I had thought the price evened out by the end with the $4 shipping.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am

It's up on Sideshow.com for $480 with free shipping. They charge tax, but you get 5% back in rewards and they offer payment plans also. There is a $48 non-refundable deposit due when you place your order. This ends up costing only a bit more than Super7 direct, but most of the payment isn't due until it ships.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/t ... er7-907757
starguarded
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:59 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:31 am
MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 pm
What does it say that you got it in one?
:lol: :lol:

I've dealt with Northmen before, myself. They were the rudest, most ignorant and unhelpful @$!%^#* I had ever dealt with prior to Megalopolis. Just absolute jerks with a massive sense of entitlement. So.. basically everything you were saying made me think of them. (I say 'them' and use plurals, but I'm pretty sure it was all one guy running it.)
As a Super7 and NECA fan, who do other Canadians recommend here? I want to support local shops but ... well.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 15280
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:53 am

starguarded wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:31 am
MollyMillions wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 pm
What does it say that you got it in one?
:lol: :lol:

I've dealt with Northmen before, myself. They were the rudest, most ignorant and unhelpful @$!%^#* I had ever dealt with prior to Megalopolis. Just absolute jerks with a massive sense of entitlement. So.. basically everything you were saying made me think of them. (I say 'them' and use plurals, but I'm pretty sure it was all one guy running it.)
As a Super7 and NECA fan, who do other Canadians recommend here? I want to support local shops but ... well.
Toy Snowman.

I haven't dealt with them a lot, but they've been really nice and responsive. And they offer free shipping at 90 bucks.
User avatar
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: An Abandoned Toys R Us
Posts: 2269
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:17 pm

Anyone have the bbts Mummra didn’t get the wave 1 figure and saw that was in stock what do people think of that one??
User avatar
FlexionDynamo
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: CT
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 pm

The Scrawny Mum-ra? Or the scrawny glow in the dark?
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 pm

I snagged Super7 mummy Mumm-Ra on Amazon last week to replace my Mattel one. For some reason it came back at regular price, but I'm still waiting for it to arrive to compare the versions.

Looks like the BBTS regular price Mumm-Ra is now sold out. It's weird, as I noticed the first version of Super7 Lion-O back in stock on BBTS for about a day, too...
Lasastard
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:33 am

Sorry, need to rant a bit...but Super 7 really needs to figure out how to communicate with their customers.

It's the middle of April now and no official word on when we can expect the three pending waves to actually release. Last I heard (in some random interview) the first wave (wave 3?) should ship (presumably to customers?!) in April or May. So the figures should already be on a boat, no?

I am really not sure at this point if I will buy any other figures from this line moving forward, it is just too annoying..
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2130
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:53 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:07 pm

This is par for the course from Super7. Updates are few and far between. The news about port congestion and shipping container shortages is only going to delay things further I'm sure. The delay in product hasn't bothered me so far with Super7 because they have delivered eventually. My issue is with undisclosed changes they make to the production figures compared to the prototypes they sell you on months/years in advance.
User avatar
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:18 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 pm

I’m used to the delays now I don’t even think about it anymore lol. Mythic Legions, Super7, Coffin Comics......McFarlane Kickstarter. Heck, I can’t even remember if I ordered the Super7 Disney series 1 or not? Guess I’ll find out when/If they arrive.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1924
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Got my first Super 7 ThunderCat figure today. I nabbed the mummy version of Mumm-Ra from Amazon for regular price. Comparing it to the Mattel version, I really love the bright colors. Originally I didn't think I would, but it pops on the shelf. The biggest difference is the arm articulation. The Mattel figure is limited severely by the bandages so that he can't raise his arms. The new version can raise his arms over his head without the same hinderances. This can make some really fun poses with the cloth cape. I'm usually not a fan of cloth capes, but the wire makes this one fun. Plus, I think it'll look better since the Everliving version will have cloth, too.

The accessories are great, and I like the shiny paint on the Sword of Plun-darr. Now I'm really excited for the wait to be over with my preorders! Hope they start shipping one of the waves soon.

Happy I bought this version!
User avatar
FlexionDynamo
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: CT
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:36 pm

Awesome! that s the one I bought first as well before I tripped into the rabbit hole.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”





Recent Topics