Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 pm

Delays are simply par for the course for any and every boutique action figure line and always have been long before the pandemic caused additional complications. And by "boutique" I mean essentially anything not available on retails shelves.

The wait times on kickstarter projects has often been incredibly long even for veteran toy makers like the 4 Horsemen or Boss Fight Studios. Not having clout with the chinese factories making the figures is a big deal. I remember the 4 Horsemen being like a year late with one of their kickstarters - can't remember if it was Gothitropolis or Mythic Legions. But the figures were worth the wait, as I'm confident the Thundercats Ultimates will be.

Brian has actually been very transparent about the situations that caused the delay for Thundercats Wave 2 most specifically but for all of the waves. There is a proven track record of Super 7 producing the product they solicit so there need be no fear that they have "stolen" anyone's money.

And, if you resent them holding on to your money for longer than you planned - that problem is easily solved by ordering through an online store like BBTS or Entertainment Earth. They charge the same price as Super7 does directly but they don't take your money until they have the items in hand and are ready to ship to you.

I'm as eager as anybody to add new characters to my Thundercats display - but it's nothing to get upset about since I know they'll be here eventually.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:13 am

I really don't think anyone believes that S7 will run away with our money. It's the way they choose to communicate (or rather: not communicate) with their customers in this complicated situation.

Will the figures eventually arrive? Pretty sure they will.
Would it hurt S7 to have a status page for their pre-orders on which to post timely updates on production and shipping? No it would not. But it would go a along way towards higher customer satisfaction.
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Lasastard wrote:
I really don't think anyone believes that S7 will run away with our money. It's the way they choose to communicate (or rather: not communicate) with their customers in this complicated situation.

Would it hurt S7 to have a status page for their pre-orders on which to post timely updates on production and shipping? No it would not. But it would go a along way towards higher customer satisfaction.
NECA sends out monthly emails about shipping statuses on pre-orders and their social media posts are still filled with people complaining about delays and "where their orders are". People are just going to complain no matter what.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Sat May 01, 2021 8:50 am

lovable-bill wrote:
Lasastard wrote:

NECA sends out monthly emails about shipping statuses on pre-orders and their social media posts are still filled with people complaining about delays and "where their orders are". People are just going to complain no matter what.
"People" is a bit of a generalisation... I am sure there are also "people" that will greatly appreciate such a gesture. It's basically a no-brainer. Just because you won't please everyone, it doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.
Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Lasastard wrote:
lovable-bill wrote:
Lasastard wrote:

"People" is a bit of a generalisation... I am sure there are also "people" that will greatly appreciate such a gesture. It's basically a no-brainer. Just because you won't please everyone, it doesn't mean it isn't worth doing.
I call em little bitches. You got men and you got little bitches.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Fri May 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Yissss!

Dr Baghead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:47 am

Well, at least there’s some progress...
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 08, 2021 11:11 am

Looks like the hip pegs are too wide on cheetara, similar to how filmation teela was messed up. The right hip seems to go out more than the left in that pic. And the gapping in the crotch should be less. Hope someone can ask them about it and see if it can get fixed, the prototype looked way better at the hips.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Well, those better not be final production samples...

elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 08, 2021 12:45 pm

Lasastard wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm
Well, those better not be final production samples...

Thanks for posting that comparison pic, glad I’m not the only person to have spotted this. Really hope this gets addressed by Super7 as those hips look bloody awful.
darkmoon766
Customized

Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:13 am
Freditor wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:33 am
darkmoon766 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:34 pm
You might want to dial down that enthusiasm until you see the final production figure. Super-7 DOES NOT have the greatest track record when it comes to super important female figure translations from prototypes to finished toys.
I can't imagine her being that different from the prototype, she doesn't really seem like a complex character.

Checked out some reviews for the super7 ultimate Teela figure (only female super7 figure that I can think of at the top of my head), she seemed fine. Guess we'll see in a few months.
More than 50% of the Teela Figures had one or more of her hip pegs using an erroneous peg that was too wide and made the figure look terrible. (the ones that had one good peg and a bad peg were ridiculous) This happened after multiple people pointed it out and Super-7 had said they had taken care of the problem. She-Ra could not put her arms down by Her sides. Granita was fine I guess. But how many people consider her a super important character? The reason I say to not get your hopes up too much is from the actual track record of the company producing actual figures. Cheetara Is one of my favorite characters as well. I have no confidence that the figure will be good. It could also be OK or amazing. They seem to be doing better with each ultimates release wave, but there are still issues. It would be best to wait and see what you get before you get too psyched about it. As for these delays, that is for sure a trend that has not changed at all.
Hey. What do you know. This line creates the textbook example of ennui for me.
BurnKnuckle21
I wish I had super powers

Sat May 08, 2021 5:19 pm

I'm fairly new to this line so apologies if this has been discussed but do we know what the differences are with the Panthro and Lion-O Ver 2 releases?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/152950

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lasastard
Super Poseable

Sat May 08, 2021 5:43 pm

From thundercats.org
TC.org: Oh goodie! Something to look foward to. Before we get to the ThunderTank, can you tell us more about the reissues. It was erroneously listed as a variant at the start by Big Bad Toy Store, but corrected later as just a second version of the originals. You mentioned minor changes. What are these exactly?

BF: We want people to be able to collect these figures, we don’t want to make it a horrible experience. So we decided let’s make these three figures available to the fans. At the same time we don’t have to make everything available again to save you 5 bucks here and there. It’s a very thin line. The only changes really are the correct color shorts on Panthro and the logo on the Sword of Omens that comes with Lion-O, which has been slightly updated. That’s basically it.
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:46 pm

So if Super7 don’t pick up on this hip issue with Cheetara, will we be looking at another booster pack with a corrected lower torso and we have to boil and pop off the upper torso and legs to make it right?
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Sat May 08, 2021 6:50 pm

I doubt that this is fixable once the figures are made. The previous issues were just with colors, no re-engineering needed.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”