Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Detrimental_Fig
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:32 am

My Booster showed up today, nice to have Jackalaman "fixed" (especially since I swapped his shins or whatever it was that was wrong).
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:59 am

If you only bought Panthro, I don't see why you would need the other parts.

What was the deal with the guns, though? Was something wrong with the ones that came with the figures already?
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:08 am

Just added Jaga and Grune to my pre-order. I was also able to sell my Panthro and Lion-O Mattel versions on ebay for $50 each, so now I can justify buying the Super 7 re-release versions. The shiny claw shield was the main selling point for Lion-O as the Mattel version reminds me too much of the Wildstorm comics I didn't enjoy. And Panthro comes with so many great extra accessories, I'm looking forward to the new version.

As of now, the only figures I'm passing on are Captain Cracker, Pumm-Ra, Snowman, as well as Pumyra, mummy Mumm-Ra, and Jackalman (because I own the Mattel versions). As soon as they show a Snowmeow, I'm sure I'm gonna cave and buy Snowman, too. This line is getting out of control for me!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:54 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Hey Thunder kittens,

Asking for a friend. Truly. He has no account and is casual.

Friend's LCS got the Panthro correction kit in and told him he only gets the shorts and head and the guns and Hyena part are theirs to keep.

Is this correct? He only bought Panthro.
That would make the most sense. I mean.. if Super7 sent the kit to the LCS who, I presume, bought the entire wave -- then why would your friend get the Hyena parts instead of the actual customer that bought the Hyena figure?
Of course, if the LCS ONLY bought Panthro and sold it to your friend, then they're really just being kind of a dick because they don't need the extra parts either and are just keeping them because they can and not because it's the right thing to do.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:19 am

The full situation as I understand is Panthro came from the LCS where he is getting the Panthro parts. Makes sense to me.

But then it turns out he got Jackal from a Canadian e-tailer who is telling him they don't get replacement parts at all. No idea of those mechanics, but now I see why he wants the whole kit.

Thanks for the weigh ins. Not my line, and only know what I read about here.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:41 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:19 am
The full situation as I understand is Panthro came from the LCS where he is getting the Panthro parts. Makes sense to me.

But then it turns out he got Jackal from a Canadian e-tailer who is telling him they don't get replacement parts at all. No idea of those mechanics, but now I see why he wants the whole kit.

Thanks for the weigh ins. Not my line, and only know what I read about here.
If he bought a Super 7 Jackalman from anywhere, he should be able to contact Super 7 for the parts. I think he'd just need proof of purchase in some form or another.
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:35 pm

Just an update since y'all were so helpful weighing in.

Comic shop ended up parting the other parts out for sale in a display case, but my friend got the Panthro head and shorts.

The other Canadian vendor for Jackalman still maintained they will get nothing, and if they do it will be for sale. This is the same shop that justified price hiking NECA, for those on the Canadian scene.

In the end Super7 also replied and is sending my friend the complete kit since he does own both figures anyway.

So great service from 7, sad service from the local stores we're supposed to support.
Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 pm

silvercat17 wrote:Got my booster pack. I had already replaced Jackalman, so now I just have to figure out how to change Panthro's shorts.

... not a phrase I ever thought I'd say - I've always been more into Tygra...
Not sure the date of this post but hopefully you didn't do it yet. Don't follow rhem instructions. Use a mug of water microwaved for 2 minutes. Dip him in it and pop off his legs. Then put him back in and then stsrt working off his briefs. I used to use a flat head screw driver but feel they can destroy things. I came up with the idea of using a nail punch. I use the red one that's broad and round. Putting the briefs back on you'd follow the same instructions. It's really simple. It would be much easier for others if I made a video, but I'm not tech savy. S7 instructions are problems waiting to happen.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:35 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Hey Thunder kittens,

Asking for a friend. Truly. He has no account and is casual.

Friend's LCS got the Panthro correction kit in and told him he only gets the shorts and head and the guns and Hyena part are theirs to keep.

Is this correct? He only bought Panthro.
Well the head and shorts yes. Think the guns came with jackal man. But not sure. If he only got panthro, then he should only get his parts.

Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:38 pm

citysushi wrote:If you only bought Panthro, I don't see why you would need the other parts.

What was the deal with the guns, though? Was something wrong with the ones that came with the figures already?
Think they lacked paint.

Unclassified
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:09 pm

MollyMillions wrote:Just an update since y'all were so helpful weighing in.

Comic shop ended up parting the other parts out for sale in a display case, but my friend got the Panthro head and shorts.

The other Canadian vendor for Jackalman still maintained they will get nothing, and if they do it will be for sale. This is the same shop that justified price hiking NECA, for those on the Canadian scene.

In the end Super7 also replied and is sending my friend the complete kit since he does own both figures anyway.

So great service from 7, sad service from the local stores we're supposed to support.
For the most part, that's one thing about s7, they do do some amazing acts for fans and customers when they can.

silvercat17
I wish I had super powers

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:51 am

Unclassified wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:33 pm
silvercat17 wrote:Got my booster pack. I had already replaced Jackalman, so now I just have to figure out how to change Panthro's shorts.

... not a phrase I ever thought I'd say - I've always been more into Tygra...
Not sure the date of this post but hopefully you didn't do it yet. Don't follow rhem instructions. Use a mug of water microwaved for 2 minutes. Dip him in it and pop off his legs. Then put him back in and then stsrt working off his briefs. I used to use a flat head screw driver but feel they can destroy things. I came up with the idea of using a nail punch. I use the red one that's broad and round. Putting the briefs back on you'd follow the same instructions. It's really simple. It would be much easier for others if I made a video, but I'm not tech savy. S7 instructions are problems waiting to happen.

I hadn't yet thanks. I was going to double check here for recommendations.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:14 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:35 pm
Just an update since y'all were so helpful weighing in.

If you don't mind saying -- which Canadian vendor is dicking him around? Is it Northmen?
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 pm

What does it say that you got it in one?
silvercat17
I wish I had super powers

Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:28 am

Unclassified wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:38 pm
citysushi wrote:If you only bought Panthro, I don't see why you would need the other parts.

Think they lacked paint.

No, the ones that originally came were gun metal color and painted realistically. These are purple and are more cartoon-ish. Not so much something wrong, but a bonus to kind of try to make up for the inconvenience

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”