Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
FlexionDynamo
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Still looking at that Thundertank and my Paypal Credit Balance......must decide soon....
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 am

elvis8batman wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:23 pm
So, in anticipation of the next waves coming I’ve started re-watching the Thundercats box set, and it got me thinking about wether I’m going to be all in on what Super7 release or if I’m going to just go with nostalgia and only buy the characters I had from the LJN toy line. My biggest contemplation is whether or not to get the Lunatacks if they get made. I never saw those episodes as a kid as they didn’t air in the U.K. And watching now, they seem to be the weakest in design and characterisation, and at £50 a figure I don’t know if I want to spend that much on characters I don’t really care for, where with other lines I’ve collected I’ve gone all in even if I don’t know the character. Is anyone else going to cherry pick or are you going to buy everything they release?
I always cherry pick my loves. Completionism never brought me joy.

I want the things I like, not just things tied to a franchise.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 am

So far, all of my preorders for this line have been for individual figures. Never the full wave. I've left off the Pumyra reissue, robot pirate, and Snowman. I'm sticking with the main characters. Though to be fully honest, I could have just lived with Cheetara and Tygra and I'd have been very satisfied. But Slythe and Monkian look so good. I figured if I have Pumyra, Lynxo should join up. Might as well throw Jaga and Grune in. But THAT'S IT. (Though Bengali would obviously be an important add.)
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:54 am

NORM wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:06 am
So far, all of my preorders for this line have been for individual figures. Never the full wave. I've left off the Pumyra reissue, robot pirate, and Snowman. I'm sticking with the main characters. Though to be fully honest, I could have just lived with Cheetara and Tygra and I'd have been very satisfied. But Slythe and Monkian look so good. I figured if I have Pumyra, Lynxo should join up. Might as well throw Jaga and Grune in. But THAT'S IT. (Though Bengali would obviously be an important add.)
I'm in a similar boat. I bought all the Mattel fiigures, so that makes me want not just the main Cats, but also the new three and the Mutants. I didn't get a Jaga and Grune, though, as I'm hoping for a clear blue Jaga down the line, since I'd rather have him as he appears the most on the show. Grune is a tough one to pass up, though...

Aside from what's been solicited, I'm probably only in for Bengali and Vultureman to complete the core mutants and core ThunderCats. And Snarf, of course, however they choose to release that guy. (I hope with Snarfer at least!)
silvercat17
I wish I had super powers

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:02 am

I'll probably get all of the figures, as long as I can afford them, but I've watched the cartoon multiple times and read as many of the 1980s comics as I've been able to get my hands on. I'll probably pass on any vehicles and playsets - the Thundertank is just too big and too expensive, and there probably won't be any other must buys for me.

I don't understand the completionist bug for toys - why buy things you don't have an attachment to?
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:18 pm

Cheers guys, reading your replies has helped me make my mind up. I reckon I’ll skip the Lunatacks and just get the updated versions of the figures I had as a kid. I have ordered the Thundertank as I had that back in the day and it’s as much a character as the main cats themselves, plus it’s pretty iconic for the show. But like others have said, it’s gonna be a pain trying to find a decent space to display it due to the size.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:25 pm

silvercat17 wrote:
I don't understand the completionist bug for toys - why buy things you don't have an attachment to?
I like cool figures, even if I don't know the property. For example I started collecting Star Wars Black Series before ever watching a Star Wars movie. The figures led me to check out the source material and then I became a fan of it.

Same thing happened with Transformers, Power Rangers, DC comics figures, and probably eventually Silverhawks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:30 pm

For Thundercats I'm an 'all-in' guy. I even bought the Super 7 wave 1 figures despite owning all of the Mattel figures already because I want Super 7 to go deep on Thundercats. I will buy any updated version of an LJN release, but will also buy figures of characters that only appeared in the cartoon. Heck I would happily buy figures of the characters Joe Amaro created as his hypothetical "season 3" of Thundercats (those designs are super cool).

In fact, my dream would be for Super 7's Thundercats line to go full MOTU Classics and fold in characters from other media iterations of Thundercats - characters from the 2011 cartoon like Claudus, Javan, Leo, Panthera and Tygus - or characters from the Star Comics - there were some cool character designs in those:

I would be down for literally all of it.
NORM

Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

I like cool figures, even if I don't know the property. For example I started collecting Star Wars Black Series before ever watching a Star Wars movie. The figures led me to check out the source material and then I became a fan of it.

Same thing happened with Transformers, Power Rangers, DC comics figures, and probably eventually Silverhawks.

This is INSANE to me. What, were you born yesterday? I don't know how one could have gotten through life to the point in time that the Black Series came out, and not have seen a single Star Wars movie. And for it to happen with TF, PR, DC... the only conclusion I can make is that you're way younger than the average person posting here. For me, I had to be a fan of the source material first. I don't buy just any action figure, I buy the stuff that's based on the stuff I love to watch and read. So insane may not be the appropriate word, but your perspective is fascinating to me, and not one that I relate to at all!
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:12 am

NORM wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

This is INSANE to me. What, were you born yesterday? I don't know how one could have gotten through life to the point in time that the Black Series came out, and not have seen a single Star Wars movie. And for it to happen with TF, PR, DC... the only conclusion I can make is that you're way younger than the average person posting here. For me, I had to be a fan of the source material first. I don't buy just any action figure, I buy the stuff that's based on the stuff I love to watch and read. So insane may not be the appropriate word, but your perspective is fascinating to me, and not one that I relate to at all!
Nope I was born in 1980 in a very rural area. We didn't have cable and didn't go to the movies much. My parents weren't the types that kept up with current movies or anything so they just weren't put on my radar.

I did watch He-Man/Thundercats/TMNT and later on one of my friends introduced me to the GI Joe cartoon and figures.

By the time I was an adult I just looked at Star Wars as a hokey property that people viewed through the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia and because I would never have nostalgia for it I just didn't seek out to watch it. I finally watched the original trilogy right before TFA came out and I was hooked.

Beford that though, I had a friend give me the first wave of his black series figures when he decided he didn't want to collect and I started picking up some of the more iconic characters (even people who have never seen Star Wars know the droids, Chewbacca, Leia, Han, and Luke) just to round out my collection.

As a kid I didn't like robots. Even as an adult I pretty much decided hell would freeze over before I had Transformers in my collection. Then the Siege line hit and I thought Optimus looked so good. A friend let me borrow his original cartoon DVD set and I started watching. These days Transformers are one of my favorite collections.

NORM

Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:30 am

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:12 am
NORM wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

Nope I was born in 1980 in a very rural area. We didn't have cable and didn't go to the movies much. My parents weren't the types that kept up with current movies or anything so they just weren't put on my radar.

I did watch He-Man/Thundercats/TMNT and later on one of my friends introduced me to the GI Joe cartoon and figures.

By the time I was an adult I just looked at Star Wars as a hokey property that people viewed through the rose-colored glasses of nostalgia and because I would never have nostalgia for it I just didn't seek out to watch it. I finally watched the original trilogy right before TFA came out and I was hooked.

Beford that though, I had a friend give me the first wave of his black series figures when he decided he didn't want to collect and I started picking up some of the more iconic characters (even people who have never seen Star Wars know the droids, Chewbacca, Leia, Han, and Luke) just to round out my collection.

As a kid I didn't like robots. Even as an adult I pretty much decided hell would freeze over before I had Transformers in my collection. Then the Siege line hit and I thought Optimus looked so good. A friend let me borrow his original cartoon DVD set and I started watching. These days Transformers are one of my favorite collections.

Man, to see this stuff for the first time as an adult is such a truly unique experience. I’m envious in a way, to see it all with fresh eyes. And to become a fan of this stuff now? Even how hokey it is? I definitely feel like I see so much of that stuff through rose tinted glasses. There are some things like the original Star Wars trilogy that, to me, are timeless masterpieces, but the Generation One Transformers series? I don’t know if I could rewatch that as an adult. Nor GIJoe or Masters of the Universe, Voltron, Thundercats, and the TMNT cartoon. I loved it as a kid. Couldn’t see myself sitting through it now.
silvercat17

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:49 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
silvercat17 wrote:
I'd call thinking it was cool an attachment. Lord knows I have plenty of things that I bought just because I thought they were cool.
silvercat17

Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:51 pm

Got my booster pack. I had already replaced Jackalman, so now I just have to figure out how to change Panthro's shorts.

... not a phrase I ever thought I'd say - I've always been more into Tygra...
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Hey Thunder kittens,

Asking for a friend. Truly. He has no account and is casual.

Friend's LCS got the Panthro correction kit in and told him he only gets the shorts and head and the guns and Hyena part are theirs to keep.

Is this correct? He only bought Panthro.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Hey Thunder kittens,

Asking for a friend. Truly. He has no account and is casual.

Friend's LCS got the Panthro correction kit in and told him he only gets the shorts and head and the guns and Hyena part are theirs to keep.

Is this correct? He only bought Panthro.
My guess is that this is likely up to the LCS owner as the actual buyer of the figure. I know in the case of BBTS they sent a list of customers to Super7 and we got our booster pack directly from S7. In this instance the LCS may have just bought the figure as a customer - and not bought the figures from Super7 wholesale - which makes them a reseller. The booster pack would go to them and I don't know that they have any legal obligation to forward it on. They are offering him the parts to update the figure he actually bought, so at least they are going that far.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”

Recent Topics