Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:24 pm

Tip for anyone having any issues with Lynx-O's shield popping off: I put a piece of self-adhesive felt on the inside so that it fits tighter around his wrist

No more shields flying off for this badass!

PatientMental
Customized

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:33 pm

Anybody try taking apart & swapping mirror Lion-o arm parts with the regular one?
Tone
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Edit: ok, looks like I can post now.

The question I have: since Wave 6 is only 4 figs, how long do you think before we'll see another LJN wave? I hope not another 6 waves. Do we know how many waves are definitely planned out so far?
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:47 am

Tone wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:49 pm
Edit: ok, looks like I can post now.

The question I have: since Wave 6 is only 4 figs, how long do you think before we'll see another LJN wave? I hope not another 6 waves. Do we know how many waves are definitely planned out so far?
I got the impression from the toybro or fwoosh interview that there will be more LJN homages but I dont think specifics were given.
I see a lot of people saying they will be skipping that wave so maybe they will do future homages as 1 or 2 figures within a regular wave instead. Surely, its in their best interest-as a business-for somone to buy 1 or 2 figures from a wave then to skip it altogether, right?
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:16 am

Ill pass on the LJN version, dont like it.
Tone
Here comes a new challenger!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:53 am

dogtownbrigade wrote: I see a lot of people saying they will be skipping that wave so maybe they will do future homages as 1 or 2 figures within a regular wave instead. Surely, its in their best interest-as a business-for somone to buy 1 or 2 figures from a wave then to skip it altogether, right?
I have to agree, despite liking them, it feels odd to dedicate an entire wave to alts.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:21 am

I imagine its a good way to get a wave out quickly. Being mostly repaints its probably a way faster turn around and that may be appealing for them and fans after a delay filled few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baedal
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:20 pm

Freditor wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am
Baedal wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 am
We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

Actually... now that I pulled up an image of the LJN figure, the boots and the belt are more toy accurate on the sample Brian showed. The boots should be rounded and the belt should be bigger, so they actually improved it:

Maybe VeeBee could find out what happened there, hopefully we get the improved version, it would be disappointing to receive an inferior version when they designed a more accurate and better one.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:05 pm

Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:
Baedal wrote:
We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

Actually... now that I pulled up an image of the LJN figure, the boots and the belt are more toy accurate on the sample Brian showed. The boots should be rounded and the belt should be bigger, so they actually improved it:

Maybe VeeBee could find out what happened there, hopefully we get the improved version, it would be disappointing to receive an inferior version when they designed a more accurate and better one.
What are you talking about? The solicitation image (the one on the right) was the first thing they showed. What Brian presented (the image on the left) is what the figure looks like now. And it's much more toy accurate.
Baedal

Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:36 am

Freditor wrote:
Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:

What are you talking about? The solicitation image (the one on the right) was the first thing they showed. What Brian presented (the image on the left) is what the figure looks like now. And it's much more toy accurate.

Did you see the video?

https://youtu.be/GBWEpuksZ4c

They show the two versions, the printed prototype with the improvements and the repainted render of Mirror Lion-O, knowing Super7 we could assume that they discarded the precise version to lower the cost of the new tooling.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:41 am

Grabbed a bunch of Ultimates pretty cheap at Powercon. Opened up Lynx-O to find a spot of missing black paint on his torso. Not too big, but noticeable. What do all you customizing people suggest to fix it? An acrylic paint pen?
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:59 am

Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:
Baedal wrote:

Did you see the video?

They show the two versions, the printed prototype with the improvements and the repainted render of Mirror Lion-O, knowing Super7 we could assume that they discarded the precise version to lower the cost of the new tooling.
Yes, I obviously saw the video... the pictures that they showed where the exact same ones they showed when they first announced wave 6 back in May. They just didn't update them. Random link for the announcement: https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/t ... rs-super7/

What Josh had in front of him were the figures in their current state. They first start out with renders, then printed prototypes. Take Hammerhand for example, the render showed him with an incorrect black crotch piece, when presenting the wave in a video they showed the corrected prototype:

Baedal

Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:54 am

Freditor wrote:
Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:

Did you see the video?

Yes, I obviously saw the video... the pictures that they showed where the exact same ones they showed when they first announced wave 6 back in May. They just didn't update them. Random link for the announcement: https://bleedingcool.com/collectibles/t ... rs-super7/

What Josh had in front of him were the figures in their current state. They first start out with renders, then printed prototypes. Take Hammerhand for example, the render showed him with an incorrect black crotch piece, when presenting the wave in a video they showed the corrected prototype:

The Hammerhand thing didn't involve new tooling, just the painting was corrected. I think the best thing is to ask Brian Flynn directly to get rid of doubts.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am

Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:
Baedal wrote:

Did you see the video?

Warning! FRAT! :

The Hammerhand thing didn't involve new tooling, just the painting was corrected. I think the best thing is to ask Brian Flynn directly to get rid of doubts.

Not using something they already sculpted isn't going to lower the cost...

Besides, your post still doesn't make sense:
Baedal wrote:

What happened?
Warning! FRAT! :

You say "we had a considerable upgrade"... yes, the upgrade was shown in that video you're complaining about. Nothing happened since the initial pictures weren't accurate

They already proved with Mirror Lion-O that they're not really lazy with these when it comes to sculpting. They could have easily reused the Lion-O sculpt but they actually used a new sculpt for most of the figure.

But hey, if you want to believe a 3D render over an actual sculpted prototype... I don't even care since I will be skipping wave 6 in it's entirety.
Baedal

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:06 pm

Freditor wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:10 am
Baedal wrote:
Freditor wrote:

Warning! FRAT! :

Not using something they already sculpted isn't going to lower the cost...

Besides, your post still doesn't make sense:
Baedal wrote:

What happened?
Warning! FRAT! :

You say "we had a considerable upgrade"... yes, the upgrade was shown in that video you're complaining about. Nothing happened since the initial pictures weren't accurate

They already proved with Mirror Lion-O that they're not really lazy with these when it comes to sculpting. They could have easily reused the Lion-O sculpt but they actually used a new sculpt for most of the figure.

But hey, if you want to believe a 3D render over an actual sculpted prototype... I don't even care since I will be skipping wave 6 in it's entirety.

The update was shown in a blurry image, not an official image, I may be wrong and so can you, I think it's better to ask Brian Flynn, let's agree on that.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”