Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:58 pm

I knew this had to be coming - but honestly, I'm a little surprised they are doing it as a BBTS exclusive and not a con-exclusive or some other way. That must mean that BBTS is far and away their biggest vendor partner for their Ultimates.

Regardless this is an instant buy from me.

That leaves "Ghost Jaga" as the main obvious variant we don't have yet. I'm sure we'll get it - but I do wonder how. Con exclusive next year? Super7 site exclusive? Or... do they just fold him into an actual wave since there are fewer and fewer "anchors" from the 'Cats roster to fill out any waves.
SpiderHulkThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:10 pm

Ghost Jaga will be in a regular line. There was an interview where Brian acknowledged his thoughts on exclusives as being extras die hard fans will want but general fans can live without. Ghost Jaga was mentioned as being more desirable than living Jaga so no doubt he will be a main line selection. No worries, they know we want him.

I’m on the fence about invisible Tygra. It would be cheaper for me to just say, look there’s invisible Tygra and literally point to anywhere in the room. I wish they would include a whip I liked. Don’t really like any of the whips so far. Hoping for a re-release with shoulder pad and new whip options.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:17 pm

Hope it looks this good in person.

canprime
CROM!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Well that is something.

I personally like this as a BBTS exclusive because, as Brian and others on here have said, it isn't a must have for the line.

I will probably cave and get one, but the Debbie Downer side of me is nagging me in the back of my mind. The figure can't possibly look this good in person as in the promotional shots. Also Debbie is constantly pointing out the cloudy future that awaits this figure no matter how well maintained it remains (climate control, limited UV exposure, etc.).

However I'll still probably get it, but I'll wait to see if it sells out or not on preorder. GITD Mumm-Ra lasted a bit after it was released if I remember correctly. So I'll bet on that being the case again, and if he sells out and I miss him? Oh well.
canprime
CROM!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 pm

canprime wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:46 pm
Well that is something.

I personally like this as a BBTS exclusive because, as Brian and others on here have said, it isn't a must have for the line.

I will probably cave and get one, but the Debbie Downer side of me is nagging me in the back of my mind. The figure can't possibly look this good in person as in the promotional shots. Also Debbie is constantly pointing out the cloudy future that awaits this figure no matter how well maintained it remains (climate control, limited UV exposure, etc.). Clear/transparent figures eventually fall victim to time and physics, and will become cloudy. Especially the "clear" versions because there is no colour to offset/hide the discolouration.

However I'll still probably get it, but I'll wait to see if it sells out or not on preorder. GITD Mumm-Ra lasted a bit after it was released if I remember correctly. So I'll bet on that being the case again, and if he sells out and I miss him? Oh well.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:58 pm

Tygra's white paint highlights and whip options make him really tempting, but I've got to keep to my one figure per character rule (except for Mummy and Everliving Mumm-Ra, of course). Fantastic looking figure, though.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:00 pm

Im noticing the elbow part and different head sculpts from the wave 2 version .....so safe to assume theyre going to make a Tygra v2 using these parts at some point?
Baedal
HULK SMASH!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:20 am

We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:18 am

Got vultureman today from bbts and wow he is a huge improvement over every other super 7 figure hopefully they make this the standard and not just a outliner
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:02 am

Baedal wrote:
We had a considerable upgrade, finally a properly shaped belt and toy accurate boots.

What happened?

Super-7.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:04 am

darkmoon766 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:02 am
Baedal wrote:

What happened?

Super-7.
Yeah, was about to post the same thing. Just Super7 being Super7. Wondering how long it will take till we get a "oh no no no no, that's just on the prototype... we will fix that on the final release". And then of course releasing the figure with the exact same issues as the prototype.
Wondering who they'll blame it on now that they can't use the factories as an excuse anymore.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
Got vultureman today from bbts and wow he is a huge improvement over every other super 7 figure hopefully they make this the standard and not just a outliner
In what way? I've seen some video reviews and he seems pretty much par for the course. Same range in the knees, hips, arms... pretty horrible range in the elbows, even less than most of the other figures. Also seen a review with very loose ankle joints, to the point where he would just topple over.
Range in the head seemed better but I guess that's mostly due to the character design (just like Captain Cracker).

Not trying to bring the figure down, he looks great and I'm really looking forward to him. Just curious what makes him a "huge" improvement over some of the newer/better figures in the line.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:59 am

Baedal wrote:

What happened?

Actually... now that I pulled up an image of the LJN figure, the boots and the belt are more toy accurate on the sample Brian showed. The boots should be rounded and the belt should be bigger, so they actually improved it:

TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:28 am

Freditor wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:50 am
TheCollector1999 wrote:
In what way? I've seen some video reviews and he seems pretty much par for the course. Same range in the knees, hips, arms... pretty horrible range in the elbows, even less than most of the other figures. Also seen a review with very loose ankle joints, to the point where he would just topple over.
Range in the head seemed better but I guess that's mostly due to the character design (just like Captain Cracker).

Not trying to bring the figure down, he looks great and I'm really looking forward to him. Just curious what makes him a "huge" improvement over some of the newer/better figures in the line.
Ok huge improvement maybe pushing it but the torso and head is what I meant. I mean comparing him to bebop and rocksteady it definitely a upgrade in articulation
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:09 pm

Yeah,there are no issues from render to resin prototype on that LJN Lion-O (other than his head sitting too low, which is minor). If anything, its showing there are more parts other than just the heads and accessories that are new molds. Makes me wonder if theyre going to double dip on a LJN Lion-O with a glowing eyes exclusive at some point. I think there might be some slight differences on the other prototypes as well.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”