Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Rider
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:58 pm

Finally had some time to repaint my Slithe. Blue areas were repainted green, plus some shading to make all of the folds on his skin appear. I also repainted the belt and drybrushed the tiara and weapons. Now he's perfect!

canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:32 pm

Rider wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Finally had some time to repaint my Slithe. Blue areas were repainted green, plus some shading to make all of the folds on his skin appear. I also repainted the belt and drybrushed the tiara and weapons. Now he's perfect!

Damn!!!!

That looks great!

Slithe looks cartoony with his factory paint, which is the point, but your touch ups make him really stand out.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:05 am

I like those weapons.
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:42 pm

Yeah that repaint is how he should have looked in the first place, great job!! I am going to do the same thing with my Slithe, did you just paint straight over the blue or did you prime it first?
Rider
Avengers Assemble

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Thanks, people! I've been spoiled by the realistic paint jobs of the early Marvel Legends from the ToyBiz days, so I always add paint details to my figures, although I shouldn't have to do this to the 45 dollar ones...
elvis8batman wrote: Yeah that repaint is how he should have looked in the first place, great job!! I am going to do the same thing with my Slithe, did you just paint straight over the blue or did you prime it first?
I didn't use any primer, just painted over it.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:43 pm

I concur that repaint of Slithe is fantastic. That's honestly the way I would have preferred it be done - I'm not a fan of staying too close to the animated aesthetic. The sculpt is there - but with the paint detailing it really looks better. Slithe was a home run figure in the first place, but your paint job makes it a grand slam.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 pm

So, I grabbed a MOTU Masterverse Battle Cat on sale from Target (40% off) with the thought of potentially painting him up as Snow Meow if Super7 doesn't get around to it. The Masterverse BC is a little bigger than the MOTUC cats and since the Snow Man is a large character I thought the bigger cat might work for him. The saddle looks like it might be the toughest part.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Interesting
Jcmmavsfan
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:50 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 pm
So, I grabbed a MOTU Masterverse Battle Cat on sale from Target (40% off) with the thought of potentially painting him up as Snow Meow if Super7 doesn't get around to it. The Masterverse BC is a little bigger than the MOTUC cats and since the Snow Man is a large character I thought the bigger cat might work for him. The saddle looks like it might be the toughest part.
My thought was to use the Origins Battlecat. Snow Meow always looked smaller to me in the cartoon. I am curious to see how folks do the saddle as that will be the trickiest part.
Lasastard
Customized

Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:42 pm

I was just about to pre-order Vultureman and finally realized that this is indeed it for me. In Germany, these figures are now up to 69€, which for you NA people, translates to ~78$ US after tax. Are these worth 78$? Uhm...hell no.

Still waiting on waves 2-4 and will not cancel those pre-orders, but S7 needs to find a way to bring down the price again. This just reached a whole new level of unreasonable.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Jcmmavsfan wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:50 pm
My thought was to use the Origins Battlecat. Snow Meow always looked smaller to me in the cartoon. I am curious to see how folks do the saddle as that will be the trickiest part.
i get what you are saying - but i think once you have Snow Man in hand the origins Battle Cat is going to look way to small for him to ride. Maybe I'm wrong - but the figure looks bigger than the standard Thundercats body and the Origins cats are already a tad small for them. I bought a bunch of extra Origins Battle Cat and Panthor to repaint into mounts for MOTUC - white tiger with gold stripes for Teela, dark blue panther for Evil Lyn...

But, if you don't plan to have Snow Man riding Snow Meow then one of the Origins cats will probably work.

Lasastard wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:42 pm
I was just about to pre-order Vultureman and finally realized that this is indeed it for me. In Germany, these figures are now up to 69€, which for you NA people, translates to ~78$ US after tax. Are these worth 78$? Uhm...hell no.

Still waiting on waves 2-4 and will not cancel those pre-orders, but S7 needs to find a way to bring down the price again. This just reached a whole new level of unreasonable.
I totally get it. The prices are climbing so high it's hard to justify. And there are certainly lines I quit on as a result - TMNT Ultimates and Disney Ultmates for example, and others I chose to pass on (GI Joe Ultimates). But for me, Thundercats Ultimates and Silverhawks Ultimates are so high on my wishlist I don't think I can pass on them - even as the price rises. I paid a fair sum for custom cast, minimum articulation Snarf and Berbils because I love the property and wanted those characters and wasn't confident they'd be made any other way. If this is my last chance to build the Thundercats collection I want, I'm in until it's over.

I fully understand why other people don't or can't make that choice. But I just know that I would regret it if I knew there's a Chilla figure out there I could have but don't. I do think Ultimates will hit a point - and probably fairly soon - where the number of customers willing to pay the asking price is too small to justify making them. I figure I can hang in for this property until we reach that point.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 am

The price right now is high, yes. And rising. But once these are out, and out of print, best not change your mind. I did that with MotU Filmation. And I will have holes in that collection forever because I cannot justify three figures for one figure, if you catch my meaning. I cry little tears of regret when I see what they were originally priced at. I thought subs were a money suck. And now here I am, three waves in on TMNT, POs on TCats, SHawks, and GIJoe. It’s madness, but I’d rather change my mind in the other direction. Having then not wanting is more cost efficient than passing them wanting later.
Lasastard
Customized

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:28 pm

For me personally the issue is that there is simply a lot of stuff coming out, or will come out next year that I am equally or more interested in - like MOTU Origins and Masterverse, the new NECA Flash Gordon line, etc. These all cost half or less than half of what S7 is asking for. Really, the only thing Ultimates has going for it are the IPs they managed to snag, but the overall roll out, quality and value for money just isn't there imho. I am just not *that* much into Tcats to put up with it anymore :lol:
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Just got slithe, jaga and Captain cracker in today. Don't have the heart to open them yet so the boxes are going on the shelf with mumra unitl I at least receive the first wave re-release.

Also MOTU Revelations just gobbled up their space in the display...
hisdudeness9829
Customized

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:57 pm

I know they are getting pricey, but I’m dropping pretty much everything else to collect Super7 Ultimates. I am becoming more of a “put them on the shelf” collector instead of a “take pictures of dynamic poses” collector. This has me leaning more towards sculpt and detail which Super7 has cornered the market on in terms of IPs I enjoy.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”