Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:26 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Cancelled Jaga & Pumm-Ra, too (a few months ago before I got my new job), as those aren't my primary desired versions of the characters. I'll always display mummy in front of The Ever-Living, but I wouldn't really display Lion Jesus, unless I came up with personal canon for a completely different character, and that's an expensive thing to do, lol.
I went back and forth over Jaga and decided I wanted the alive version rather than the ghost (which I may still get, too -- I'm weak). I have such a love for the 5-part ThunderCats Ho episode that I really wanted him in full color like he was during the opening sequence. Plus, even as a ghost he often wasn't see-through, and since I want a standard Grune and not a ghost version, I think regular Jaga will match my collection best.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:28 am

canprime wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:01 pm
What's everyone's opinion on a possible increase in wave numbers from 4 figures to 5 figures?

It seems like Super7 is doing that with some of their newer waves (Simpsons, TMNT wave 6). Would that be a good, or bad thing in your opinion? It would mean more characters, sooner, but also a chunk more money per wave.

Also would the extra figure be better as a figure, as with the Simpsons, or an "accessory/army builder" as with the Mousers in TMNT wave 6?
I kind of like the slow trickle of 4 figures per wave since the price point is so high, but I don't think it would bother me for a 5 figure wave once in a while, especially if it meant more Cats in the long run.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:37 am

I am down for five.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:44 am

I think MOSTLY they should stick to 4 per Wave. But I'd definitely be up for the occasional 5 figure Wave of ThunderCats. Kind of like they just did for TMNT. They did 5 Waves at 4 figures each. Then for Wave 6, there are 5 items to order.

Maybe for Wave 5 or 6 they could do that for ThunderCats. Maybe 4 figures and then the fifth item is a pack with a few small characters like Snarf and some RoBear's as well as some random accessories,

Whatever they do, I'd be up for it, just not all the time. As expensive as these are, and then the fact a lot of us collect more than 1 Super7 Ultimate line, they don't need to do a lot of Waves beyond 4 figures each at a time.
Leonardo T Dragon
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Stupid Fwoosh and their stupid reviews that make figures look good...

Just ordered Slythe last night and then decided that he and Jackalman needed Monkian to keep them out of trouble.

I started this line with just the core cats from Mattel years ago. That was going to be it. That plan quickly went down the tubes.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:25 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:26 am
TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Cancelled Jaga & Pumm-Ra, too (a few months ago before I got my new job), as those aren't my primary desired versions of the characters. I'll always display mummy in front of The Ever-Living, but I wouldn't really display Lion Jesus, unless I came up with personal canon for a completely different character, and that's an expensive thing to do, lol.
I went back and forth over Jaga and decided I wanted the alive version rather than the ghost (which I may still get, too -- I'm weak). I have such a love for the 5-part ThunderCats Ho episode that I really wanted him in full color like he was during the opening sequence. Plus, even as a ghost he often wasn't see-through, and since I want a standard Grune and not a ghost version, I think regular Jaga will match my collection best.
I've struggled with this, too. A ghost version would be more appropriate, but details often get lost in the ghost decos. I think the alive version will pop a bit more in the display. I also worry about the ghost version being an exclusive or more expensive to acquire if it's only sold through Super 7. Plus, it will be nice to have another Thundercat in hand before the year is out. After Tygra, Cheetara, and Mumm-Ra, I'll only be a Snarf away from completing the line.
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:

Just ordered Slythe last night and then decided that he and Jackalman needed Monkian to keep them out of trouble.

I started this line with just the core cats from Mattel years ago. That was going to be it. That plan quickly went down the tubes.
"ONE OF US! ONE OF US!" :mrgreen:

Welcome to the rabbit hole, don't worry there is lots of room.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:

It's a good choice! The Mutants are waaaaaaaay cooler anyway. Don't forget about ol' Vultureman, though. He brings the tech to give them a fighting chance.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%

Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Also, I was thinking about a possible fifth slot in each wave, and the TMNT execution got me wondering if that might be used intermittently for "special" items. Like, maybe things that are not live or die level required, but something that enhances the collection for the more die-hard sect. Mouser army builders are a GREAT for people like me, but maybe not so much for a casual collector or non-completist. These things are $55 after all.

So, TCats probably have some instances of where that could happen. Sure, we might get the named Berbils, but maybe a generic Berbil set could fit a slot like that.

That said, just selfishly speaking, I would love to see it just expanded and run. I want as many figures as I can get as fast as possible, TBH - especially with this property. TCats always makes me a little anxious.
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:11 pm

VeeBee wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:27 pm
Also, I was thinking about a possible fifth slot in each wave, and the TMNT execution got me wondering if that might be used intermittently for "special" items. Like, maybe things that are not live or die level required, but something that enhances the collection for the more die-hard sect. Mouser army builders are a GREAT for people like me, but maybe not so much for a casual collector or non-completist. These things are $55 after all.

So, TCats probably have some instances of where that could happen. Sure, we might get the named Berbils, but maybe a generic Berbil set could fit a slot like that.

That said, just selfishly speaking, I would love to see it just expanded and run. I want as many figures as I can get as fast as possible, TBH - especially with this property. TCats always makes me a little anxious.
(Thundercats rule, Mutants drool!!!! BTW) :mrgreen: Sorry I watched, for the first time, a couple of Thundercats Roar episodes and it brought out the idiot in me. Although I actually have to say it was better than I expected going in, but that is not saying much.

Anyway, what about Mutant army builders? I don't know how important they would be to the casual fans, yet they would fill the slot of multiple buys for the more hardcore fans.

Or what about an accessory pack, ala MOTUC? Though I would hazard a guess that there would need to be at least one generic "character" in the pack to make it worth the $55 since Super7 is unlikely to make anything in a wave that would sell for less than $55.
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Mutant army builders would be a great option, if they were smart they could use it as an opportunity to make a shorter/ leaner jackal body the same colour as Jackalman, so you could swap parts to make your Jackalman figure more in scale and show accurate. If they did it as a reptilian, jackal and simian 3pack with a few options for heads, clothing/armour and weapons it would encourage buying a couple of sets.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 pm

elvis8batman wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:36 pm
Mutant army builders would be a great option, if they were smart they could use it as an opportunity to make a shorter/ leaner jackal body the same colour as Jackalman, so you could swap parts to make your Jackalman figure more in scale and show accurate. If they did it as a reptilian, jackal and simian 3pack with a few options for heads, clothing/armour and weapons it would encourage buying a couple of sets.
I'd probably pass on generic mutants, although I might give in for a Reptilian since I had that PVC figure as a kid. I'm basically just collecting the PVC collection I had growing up (with a few additions here and there).
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:51 pm

To anyone who has Slithe already, does it look like his harness/loincloth piece is able to be removed easily if you heated it up with a hairdryer? I just want to know because if it can slide off it will make painting his chest the correct colour a lot easier.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:22 pm

Any word on when Jaga will hit? I ordered all together, so mine won't hit the PoL until he's in.
Optimuslivs4evr
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:14 pm

citysushi wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:22 pm
Any word on when Jaga will hit? I ordered all together, so mine won't hit the PoL until he's in.
I just got an email from bbts that my preorder of all three were processing soon so should only be a few more days. Ive got a pretty nice pile just waiting for those cats so I can hit ship.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”