Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
darkmoon766
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Sat May 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Lasastard wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:50 pm
I doubt that this is fixable once the figures are made. The previous issues were just with colors, no re-engineering needed.
They already re-engineered this. Some Teela's were released with both hips corrected. WTF is the problem over there?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 09, 2021 6:02 pm

Lasastard wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm
Well, those better not be final production samples...

That was also a hand painted resin prototype, so there would be no issues caused by tooling the molds from steel, as it appears there was with the production version.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun May 09, 2021 6:16 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:11 pm
WTF is the problem over there?
I mean, I don't have any dog in this fight but I'll take a crack at this: They know they're the only game in town for people desperate to have TCats figures like this, so they don't actually have to care about making quality toys. They just have to be 'good enough' that people will spend money on them anyway. It's weird to me that people are still shocked by the minimal effort approach Super7 seems to take given that there's issues with every wave, every brand, that Super7 makes Ultimates for. Except what... Toxie maybe?
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 am

Roboh and Veebs talked about this in a recent video (https://youtu.be/l3ydqgPh428?t=3730) - seems like one of the commentors works at S7. He also confirmed that they were going to fix the hips, so let's see...

Still, I wonder what that means for their time line.... with additional work on Cheetara, my best guess is that wave 3 will arrive August/September. And since they already stated that wave 2 is likely arriving after that, that means 15-16 months turn-around time for wave 3, and >20 months for wave 2. Ugh...
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 am

Well, I finally caved and bought a ThunderTank. After much deliberation I decided I couldn't live without it. Love how accurate it is, and I figured it would be worth the investment in the long run. So I finally did it.

I pulled the trigger and bought the Hot Wheels ThunderTank at my local Target.

I just hope I can recover financially.
FlexionDynamo
Customized

Wed May 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Ooooh Maybe I'll the hot wheels thunder tank too and 3D Print the Lair to Scale.....
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 pm

Anybody watch the Toyguru video on cancelled He-Man figures that didn't make the line? He shows the five-year map for Mattel's ThunderCats about a 1:25 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtseT9brd5U&t=82s

From what I can tell it looks like the line was originally:

Wave 1: Lion-O, Jackalman, Pumyra, Ratar-O, Hammerhand, Jaga, subscription exclusive Mummy Mumm-Ra
Wave 2: Panthro, Snowman, Monkian, Tuska Warrior, Quickpick, Cruncher, and exclusive Driller
Wave 3: Slithe, Hatchiman, Captain Shiner, Mandora, Captain Cracker, Bengali, and exclusive Spirit Jaga
Wave 4: Cheetara, Alluro, Lynx-O, Mongor, Topspinner, Chilla, and exclusive Safari Joe
Wave 5: Tygra, Grune, Bruteman, Ram-Bam, Stinger, Red Eye, and exclusive Vultureman

Convention exclusives planned were: the Wilykit and Wilykat set, kid Lion-O with Snarf, Luna with Amok, Mumm-Ra with Ma-Mutt, and a Berbil 3-pack.

Holiday items were: ThunderTank (no way they planned to make it as large as Super 7's), Mutant extras three-pack (Reptilians, etc.), Skycutter, and Cat's Lair.

Sounds like a fantastic line, but I'd be annoyed at not getting Snarfer, Tug Mug, Snowmeow, and Willa. Otherwise, it's pretty perfect.
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 15, 2021 11:36 pm

Anyone else want a re-release of Lion-O but in a paint deco closer to the LJN figure? I was looking at review videos today of the Super7 and Mattel versions and saw comparison shots of them next to the LJN and Bandai versions and the colours were so muted it got me wanting a version with the skin more orange and the hair a brighter red.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 16, 2021 2:34 am

elvis8batman wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:36 pm
Anyone else want a re-release of Lion-O but in a paint deco closer to the LJN figure? I was looking at review videos today of the Super7 and Mattel versions and saw comparison shots of them next to the LJN and Bandai versions and the colours were so muted it got me wanting a version with the skin more orange and the hair a brighter red.
Super 7 has hinted that this one might be on the way later on down the line, maybe as a con exclusive or as a wave anchor or something. They've already done that with the Reaction-size figures. I'm sure he'd have a red claw and sword, too.

I'm not interested in toy-based over show-based, so that wouldn't be for me, but I could definitely see it happening.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 pm

Lots of ThunderCats ULTIMATES! updates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haNVbD0Fa-M
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 pm

So conservatively, it sounds like Wave 3 is next and current production schedules it arriving at Super7 around late August. And it Brian specifically called out wave 2 as shipping a month later, but mentioned wave 4 being out on the heels of wave 3. Does that mean all three solicited waves are coming in rapid succession? It’s going to be an expensive Fall if they really all hit together.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Tue May 18, 2021 4:52 pm

september_death wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:39 pm
So conservatively, it sounds like Wave 3 is next and current production schedules it arriving at Super7 around late August. And it Brian specifically called out wave 2 as shipping a month later, but mentioned wave 4 being out on the heels of wave 3. Does that mean all three solicited waves are coming in rapid succession? It’s going to be an expensive Fall if they really all hit together.
That is absolutely how I took it. Series 3 shipping in early July, series two in late July/early August, and series 4 in late August. So about a month apart in rapid succession.
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 18, 2021 7:20 pm

After this, I'm most interested in seeing Mon-Star. Sounds like it'll be insane. I'm still trying to stay out of SilverHawks, but we'll have to see how they turn out! Quicksilver will be hard to pass up.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Wed May 19, 2021 2:56 pm

Every time I hear an update on this line, things seem to move back by another month or two :D

I really thought we'd get these right about now'ish. But from this interview, I reckon we won't hold them in hand until October? Oh well...

Thanks for doing the interview, interesting insights for sure. Sounds like they are just a little bit sceptical regarding Silverhawks....low production numbers, high cost, maybe not a super-viable business idea.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 9:45 pm

From what I can tell it looks like the Mattel line was originally:

Wave 1: Lion-O, Jackalman, Pumyra, Ratar-O, Hammerhand, Jaga, subscription exclusive Mummy Mumm-Ra
Wave 2: Panthro, Snowman, Monkian, Tuska Warrior, Quickpick, Cruncher, and exclusive Driller
Wave 3: Slithe, Hatchiman, Captain Shiner, Mandora, Captain Cracker, Bengali, and exclusive Spirit Jaga
Wave 4: Cheetara, Alluro, Lynx-O, Mongor, Topspinner, Chilla, and exclusive Safari Joe
Wave 5: Tygra, Grune, Bruteman, Ram-Bam, Stinger, Red Eye, and exclusive Vultureman

Convention exclusives planned were: the Wilykit and Wilykat set, kid Lion-O with Snarf, Luna with Amok, Mumm-Ra with Ma-Mutt, and a Berbil 3-pack.

Holiday items were: ThunderTank (no way they planned to make it as large as Super 7's), Mutant extras three-pack (Reptilians, etc.), Skycutter, and Cat's Lair.

I honestly find this line up a little hard to believe considering that when they did finally debut the subscription they pulled Panthro from wave 2 into wave 1 and then pulled Grune from wave 5 into wave 1 before reconfiguring again and pushing him and Jaga to the second wave. Also kind of crazy that they planned to hold Tygra all the way to Wave 5 when Wave 3 wouldn't have any of the original Cats.

I'm excited to see the proposed line up though and it should be informative as to where Super7 may be headed. Captain Crackers in the Ultimates line wasn't quite as much out of left field for S7 considering Mattel had him slated for their Wave 3 and the 4 Horsemen at least would be familiar with those planned line ups.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”

Recent Topics