Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am

NORM wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:11 am
So according to that video, it’s only removable because he separated the glued parts. Sure, that works, if you want to separate the glue. But it wasn’t intended to be removed. It seems to come off clean, but I’m leaving it alone, despite wanting the option to display without. They just shouldn’t have glued it. It really wasn’t necessary to do so.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't intended to be removed. And it doesn't seem to come off completely clean as you have some pink where that little tab is. Seems like a dumb design choice, they just should have left it as a loose piece over the shoulders (and the red piece should have been removable as well).
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:14 am

Freditor wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am
NORM wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:11 am
So according to that video, it’s only removable because he separated the glued parts. Sure, that works, if you want to separate the glue. But it wasn’t intended to be removed. It seems to come off clean, but I’m leaving it alone, despite wanting the option to display without. They just shouldn’t have glued it. It really wasn’t necessary to do so.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't intended to be removed. And it doesn't seem to come off completely clean as you have some pink where that little tab is. Seems like a dumb design choice, they just should have left it as a loose piece over the shoulders (and the red piece should have been removable as well).
The red piece is even more securely glued into her back. That ain’t coming off without a mess. At least removing the pink can result in that sleeveless look.
The Ghost
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:38 am

She does look cool, but for whatever reason, I have zero recollection of her. Maybe I never watched Thundercats deep enough as a kid, but beyond guys like Snowman and Ratar-O, the core Cats, season 2 Cats and the Mutants are all I remember.

In a way, it's good for me. Means I'm pretty much finished with this line (I guess I'll get Snarf when he hits, and probably Ratar-O). But I'm so content with what they've already released, I'm glad I don't have any connection further than that as these things are waaaaaay too expensive. :lol:
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:29 pm

Hopefully my Mandora will arrive tomorrow. Never know with FedEx...

I actually just moved my ThunderCats display and now have more room for figures. Went ahead and pre-ordered Ratar-O & Mongor.

While the Electro-Charger looks fun and I now have the room for it, I am still going to pass. $150 is just too much IMO.

The extra space does reinvigorate my excitement for this line though. I was only planning on picking up the kittens whenever they release them, but now I would gladly take Hachiman, Safari Joe, Snowmeow, some Berbils, etc.
Comedian
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:43 pm

NORM wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:09 pm
Comedian wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:13 pm
Thanks Norm. Great insight. I had both ordered from BBTS but cancelled just before they hit. So man much us coming at once I’m being drained every way imaginable. :lol:

After a review on YouTube and yours I’m actually opposite of you, I’m feeling remorse passing on it. Obviously it’s still available so I think I may jump next month.
Just curious, what's selling it to you in the video or my review? What I'm specifically regretting is the bike. I don't think I REALLY needed it. Just Mandora would have been enough. Now that I have the bike, I don't want to display Mandora without it. That's an expensive piece to just store.

But I don't display any of my 1:12 vehicles because I don't have room. I've got the Classics Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Stridor just hanging out in my attic. I just got the Air Chariot with Serpentor, and I'm not even gonna put it together. This is where my buyer's remorse stems. But I'm curious about why you're reconsidering.
Your pics make it look more impressive than I thought it would be, as did the video on YouTube. I like that 2 figures can sit on it. Now to choose the second. The paint work catches my eye and Mandora herself is a good color combo with the bike.

I have the tank paid for and on the way, so the smaller vehicle seems easier to deal with. Like you, if I get Mandora I’d have to have the bike as well.

Simple fact is I was hoping to see complaints on this so I could talk myself out of the purchase. Instead I’m having remorse for not getting it. Oh….toy world problems. Lol.
jesseallshouse412
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:04 pm

Any thoughts on the best way to fix a loose ab crunch on Ultimates Lion-O? I've heard super glue and clear nail polish.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:15 pm

Well thats odd....Ljn Cheetara is in stock at Entertainment Earth.
MrMisterSaturn
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:36 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:15 pm
Well thats odd....Ljn Cheetara is in stock at Entertainment Earth.
https://www.instagram.com/retro_toy_escapades/

The wave is apparently out in Malaysia. Lion-O looks pretty good, but he's more a bit more orange than I would have liked and they just gave him the regular logo on his belt instead of the more LJN-style one as originally solicited. Mumm-Ra appears to be more green than blue, and he's completely missing the black band on his left arm, again, as originally solicited. Haven't seen anything yet on Cheetara or Monkian.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:07 pm

I didn't get to play with it much last week but I did try to get a decent riding pose. The articulation is less than ultimate, unless to you are a reaction figure. The metal backing fell off of both console parts.

ImageS7 Mandora and Electro-charger by Flexion Dynamo, on Flickr
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:27 pm

Not going to lie... I'm kind of glad I skipped the Electro Charger. I just don't love the look of the vehicle and its certainly not important enough to my Thundercats experience to warrant the amount of shelf space it would take up. I'm glad I have Mandora but feeling OK about saving the money on her bike.

As for the LJN wave I also got an e-mail telling me she was in stock at Entertainment Earth. I didn't pre-order the wave (a first for me with S7 Tcats) because I have way more connection to the cartoon looks than the vintage toy looks. Now, if they end up a sales disaster and get discounted the way some of those early S7 TMNT figures did, I'd probably pick them up then. But I'm super happy with my original versions of these characters.

Glad for those who preferred the toy aesthetic that they may be getting the versions of Thundercats Ultimates that they've wanted.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:15 pm

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:07 pm
I didn't get to play with it much last week but I did try to get a decent riding pose. The articulation is less than ultimate, unless to you are a reaction figure. The metal backing fell off of both console parts.

ImageS7 Mandora and Electro-charger by Flexion Dynamo, on Flickr
Yeah that has been a common problem reported by people who have reviewed the Electro Charger. Looks like the glue they used for the magnets was too cheap. Thankfully it is an easy enough problem to fix.
PantherCult wrote: Not going to lie... I'm kind of glad I skipped the Electro Charger. I just don't love the look of the vehicle and its certainly not important enough to my Thundercats experience to warrant the amount of shelf space it would take up. I'm glad I have Mandora but feeling OK about saving the money on her bike.

As for the LJN wave I also got an e-mail telling me she was in stock at Entertainment Earth. I didn't pre-order the wave (a first for me with S7 Tcats) because I have way more connection to the cartoon looks than the vintage toy looks. Now, if they end up a sales disaster and get discounted the way some of those early S7 TMNT figures did, I'd probably pick them up then. But I'm super happy with my original versions of these characters.

Glad for those who preferred the toy aesthetic that they may be getting the versions of Thundercats Ultimates that they've wanted.
QUITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I'm in the same boat. Hell I didn't even preorder Mandora and the Electro Charger. I also cancelled my Thunder Tank preorder. Not that I don't want them, but too many local online retailers up here have been stocking the line and recently put most of their stock up for sale. So I feel a bit ripped off knowing I could have saved 25%, or more, on a lot of the first 4 waves. And at $75+ (Cdn) for an Ultimate I am sticking with waiting for sales for a lot of figures going forward now. Sure the "must haves" will be a preorder (most likely), but if I can hold off on Mandora, I don't know who is left that I would have to preorder (I didn't even preorder Snarf). Probably just Kit & Kat and Hachiman.

Same goes for Silverhawks and GI Joe. I kept my wave 1 preorders, and wave 2 for Silverhawks, but cancelled wave 2 Joe and didn't bother with wave 3 Silverhawks. Again, not that I don't want them, but it seems pretty clear that Ultimates are at a price where the value isn't there anymore for a lot of collectors. So the online guys don't seem to sell out of much anymore.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:33 pm

Monkian is in stock at EE now too. I might bite if the other 2 show up. Maybe not,i don't know...wish some of the early reviewers got them in. Speaking of, curious how that orange af lion-o is going to look in the toybro review with his orange background lol.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:23 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:33 pm
Monkian is in stock at EE now too. I might bite if the other 2 show up. Maybe not,i don't know...wish some of the early reviewers got them in. Speaking of, curious how that orange af lion-o is going to look in the toybro review with his orange background lol.
HA! Great point.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:03 am

Just got an email from BBTS that the Snarf wave was pushed back to October.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:57 am

Chooch wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:03 am
Just got an email from BBTS that the Snarf wave was pushed back to October.
Yup, the whole wave in fact.

Looks like we have the toy variant wave just starting to hit, and then Invisible Tyrga before the dry spell.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”