Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Got my Monkian today. Knew I was going to like him a lot but damn... what an incredible figure!

Now it wouldn't be Super7 if there wasn't some dumb design choice and in this case that would be how he grips the shield. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that it's completely impossible to get it in his hand without heating it up first (or damaging it) but would it have killed them to make the handle a tiny bit bigger? You can hardly get the four fingers that grip it to go through.

Besides that small nitpick pretty much a flawless figure, probably my favourite in the line so far.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:14 pm

I haven't even bothered with that shield. I gave him the rifle to hold instead, along with that sweet mace. I like the juxtaposition of barbarian weapons and tech weapons, in this and in MotU. As Vulture Man is their inventor, I display him with two guns. Monkian transitions into the the barbaric weapons by wielding both. Then Jackalman and Slythe have their axes. I know this is kind of a lame post, but I just get giddy at the fact that the four mutants are together on my shelf.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:21 pm

NORM wrote:
I haven't even bothered with that shield. I gave him the rifle to hold instead, along with that sweet mace. I like the juxtaposition of barbarian weapons and tech weapons, in this and in MotU. As Vulture Man is their inventor, I display him with two guns. Monkian transitions into the the barbaric weapons by wielding both. Then Jackalman and Slythe have their axes. I know this is kind of a lame post, but I just get giddy at the fact that the four mutants are together on my shelf.
You mean the mace that came with Slithe?
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:32 pm

I assumed he meant the flail that came with the figure.
Bilbo_Figgins
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:49 pm

Experience with Dorkside Toys almost made me give up the whole line. I had pretty much all of them preordered there and they cancelled everything except Tygra and Grune.

But Thundercats was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, so I gotta finish the core cast. Any leads on where I can find Pumyra, Slithe and Jaga at the $44.99 price? I see BBTS has them but all at a markup.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 pm

Freditor wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:21 pm
NORM wrote:
You mean the mace that came with Slithe?
The chain mace is what I meant.
dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:06 pm

Bilbo_Figgins wrote:
Experience with Dorkside Toys almost made me give up the whole line. I had pretty much all of them preordered there and they cancelled everything except Tygra and Grune.

But Thundercats was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, so I gotta finish the core cast. Any leads on where I can find Pumyra, Slithe and Jaga at the $44.99 price? I see BBTS has them but all at a markup.
Theyre at their original prices at Entertainment Earth. They seem to go in and out of stock frequently over there. Just set it so you get notified when it pops up in stock. They all qualify for free shopping so its not a big deal to just get individual figures as they show up in stock. Thats kind of what ive been doing.
Bilbo_Figgins
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:07 pm

dogtownbrigade wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:06 pm
Bilbo_Figgins wrote:

Theyre at their original prices at Entertainment Earth. They seem to go in and out of stock frequently over there. Just set it so you get notified when it pops up in stock. They all qualify for free shopping so its not a big deal to just get individual figures as they show up in stock. Thats kind of what ive been doing.
Thanks man! Good to know.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:45 pm

I hate how torn I am over these Wave 6 figures. I can talk myself out of Lion O. Cheetara's head isn't so different that I have to have her. and I don't really want more than one Mumm-Ra on my shelf, but the classic toy head and colors are really tempting me.

I couldn't even try to talk myself out of Monkian. I'm thinking I might get two and just use them as more generic monkey man soldiers. Especially with that unhelmeted head....

Sigh
canprime
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:33 pm

PantherCult wrote:
I hate how torn I am over these Wave 6 figures. I can talk myself out of Lion O. Cheetara's head isn't so different that I have to have her. and I don't really want more than one Mumm-Ra on my shelf, but the classic toy head and colors are really tempting me.

I couldn't even try to talk myself out of Monkian. I'm thinking I might get two and just use them as more generic monkey man soldiers. Especially with that unhelmeted head....

Sigh
I had the decision made for me by my bank account. :lol:

Too many preorders coming in now, plus the HISS Haslab, maybe the Ghost Rider Haslab, Eternia, Mandora/Electrocharger and the Thunder Tank. Not to mention Silverhawks and Joe Ultimates, and everything else. Wave 6 is just not a high priority for me right now. It also helps that a lot of local independent retailers have most of the previous waves still available if I really want to get them at a later date.

So yeah wave 6 is nice, but not nice enough to put up the money right now.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:50 am

fletch137 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 am
NORM wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:34 pm
Vulture Man really is too tall, but at least he's a visibly slimmer build.
Dang. I was pretty vocal about not wanting the too-big, super-power Vulture, but caved when I saw a couple reviewers say he's smaller in-hand and scales alright with the rest of the mutants.

He's due on Wednesday, so we'll see if I have any Vulture-regrets then.
He fluctuated so much from scene to scene, and episode to episode, that you should be fine. Many of these 80s cartoons had horrid consistency in the animation, so things always looked off if you really paid that much attention.
Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:15 am

I exchanged the chain on Monkian's flail for one that looks closer to the solicitation images, looks much better imo. Also made it a bit shorter.
I don't get why they didn't use that one in the first place. The chain that they used is the exact same as Super7's Michelangelo.

dogtownbrigade
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:00 pm

PantherCult wrote:

Sigh
Doesn't most of us have more than one Mumm-Ra on our shelves lol.

Mumm-Ra & Lion-O will go on my catch-all 80s shelf but, depending on how the final production figure of Lion-O comes out, with those more vibrant colors, Id consider swapping him out with the wave1 lion-o in my Thundercats display.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:36 pm

Freditor
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Well, the elbow pad on the standard release was already invisible... they might as well go all the way :lol:

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”