Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:17 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:50 pm
I too just got notice that Cheetara is in my PoL, but there's only one other thing in there, so I don't want to ship yet! It's the TMNT book about the vintage line. If Sam the Eagle and Rizzo Rat make it in, heck, if ANY single other preorder pops up in there, I'll ship.

Actually, maybe I'll order a second one, just in case there are issues.
It's going to be hard to pass up the kittens, even though I have the Mattel set. I'd like to get WilyKat's costume correct, but if that and an extra head are all that's in the set, I may pass. If they do throw in Snarf and Snarfer, then I have a definite excuse to buy the sets and correct Matty's mistake.

And thanks everyone for the head's up for Cheetara. She's the only figure in my pile of loot, but I had 'em ship her already because I can't wait. In hand images of her look fantastic. Hoping for a neat paint job.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:19 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:54 pm
Cheetara hit my PoL as well!
Yep, same here. She's shipped and is one her way to JBL HQ! I'm OCD enough that I wasn't going to open ANY of the Ultimates until I had the core team in-hand. FINALLY I can crack these guys out of their carboard prisons.

(I didn't open the Mattel versions at the time and now I'm glad that I didn't. I LOATHE incomplete small teams.)
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:41 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Yep, same here. She's shipped and is one her way to JBL HQ! I'm OCD enough that I wasn't going to open ANY of the Ultimates until I had the core team in-hand. FINALLY I can crack these guys out of their carboard prisons.

(I didn't open the Mattel versions at the time and now I'm glad that I didn't. I LOATHE incomplete small teams.)
That is some willpower and restraint. Strong like bull!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:54 pm

I was trying to decide whether to ship my PoL now and get Cheetarah in hand or wait - since I have like almost $700 worth of pre-orders scheduled to arrive in July. I decided that getting Cheetarah (and a few other things) in hand now was worth the extra $4. It'll still be days until I have her in hand, but I'm excited knowing she's on the way.

Honestly, since I have the Kittens from Mattel and Snarf - and a handful of Berbils - from Joe Amaro, if the line expired after I get Wave 5 and have Bengali in hand, I could be satisfied. I don't want the line to end and I hope they keep cranking out more and more fun stuff, but with the full team of Cats and Mutants in my collection I wouldn't be devastated if the line ended.

That being said I want Ratar-O, Hachiman, Driller, Mongor, etc in my collection and would love for the line to keep going. The Lunataks would be amazing but seems like a lot of tooling to get them done and realistically they may be a bridge too far.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:53 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:54 pm
That being said I want Ratar-O, Hachiman, Driller, Mongor, etc in my collection and would love for the line to keep going.
These are the main wants of mine outside the Kittens and Snarf.

What is the ETA of wave 5?
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:22 pm

I need Safari Joe in addition to the above.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mechamajin
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:36 pm

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:39 pm

That's a great photo.

Hit ship on an assortment of PoL items yesterday, including her, so hopefully she won't take too long!
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:43 pm

I finally did it. After many months of waffling, I canceled my pre-order for Vultureman.

Every time I see the images of it, I'd question why I was spending $55 on the giant, super-muscle version of the character they chose to make but that I didn't want. Same reason I never ordered this Hammerhand.

I decided I can't let FOMO push me into spending this kind of money on something that's only kind of what I want. I hope eventually S7 releases a regular Vultureman and a Season 1 Hammerhand, because I do want both characters, just not looking like this.
elvis8batman
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:33 pm

fletch137 wrote:
I finally did it. After many months of waffling, I canceled my pre-order for Vultureman.

Every time I see the images of it, I'd question why I was spending $55 on the giant, super-muscle version of the character they chose to make but that I didn't want. Same reason I never ordered this Hammerhand.

I decided I can't let FOMO push me into spending this kind of money on something that's only kind of what I want. I hope eventually S7 releases a regular Vultureman and a Season 1 Hammerhand, because I do want both characters, just not looking like this.
It really bugs me that Brian Flynn says how he wants to make the best versions of characters possible but when they get told by their customers what needs correction before things go into production they just ignore them. If anyone is going to SDCC this year and Super7 are there, I hope they ask them if they’ll redo Pumyra, she needs a complete new sculpt, scaled down to be in line with Cheetara, it’s not just about her height now, her head is bigger than Cheetaras and her frame is bigger/wider. Vultureman is being made way too big like you say, and Lion-o needs new tooling to be taller with better proportions. Also, if they did re-do Pumyra, her skin tone needs to be much lighter to be show accurate.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:25 am

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Nebraska wrote:

I'm in the same boat. Haven't opened any of them since the Mattel ones shipped. I even still have the kittens in the box. I'm even going to wait until the full time until my Cheetara's pile of loot window is over. The full painful threshold. Such a strange wait it has been. SO many positive and negative things being done by Mattel and Super7 and I haven't even held one figure in my hands yet.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:12 pm

Nice surprise this morning, my Cheetara from Super7 showed up finally.

I wasn't expecting it since they never notified me of shipping, and I always expect Canada to get things much later from them than you guys in the US. Now I just need the time to sit and open her up and see how she looks.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:07 pm

My PoL just shipped! Here's hoping it gets to my mom's before I visit on Saturday...
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:27 pm

fletch137 wrote:

I'm far from a huge Thundercats fan, but is the problem that Vultureman is simply too tall or too muscular? I just want the 4 mutants and Mumm-Ra and I like his look, but don't want a figure that will look out of place by towering over the others.

I was just going to stick with my old man Mumm-Ra, but I got the Everliving version for $45 and I love him. I wish Ma-Mutt's mouth could open, but I'm really glad I got this figure.
Lasastard
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:58 am

Well, it's actually difficult to find a good screengrap to show this, but Vultureman should indeed be about the same size as the other mutants; maybe a bit smaller than Jackalman? But from what we have seen from Super7, the figure appears to tower over them. It's frustrating but not the first or only mistake they made with this line. At this points it's like...take it or leave it. And I also decided to "leave it", especially at this price point. At >50$ I expect "perfect"... I mean, they seem to do a good job with TMNT, but with Thundercats, not so much imho.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”