Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
Lasastard
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 am

There was an interview a couple of days ago with Veebs and S7 - end of year is what I took away from that, for wave 2. Wave 4 might be pushed all the way to May 2022, in case the factory fails to ship before chinese New Year.
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10764
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Awww yeah. BBTS just came through with my PoL delivery and I got my Wave 3 figures (as well as NECA Goliath). So stoked to have these and finally add to my Thundercats collection. It's been a looong time since I put that Joe Amato Snarf on the shelf.

Going to have some fun working with these before I start pining for Wave 2 and Cheetarah and Wave 4.

Hopefully it's only a few weeks until we get to see what Wave 5 has in store for us.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Anyone who ordered all of wave 3 from Super7 get their order yet?

Just wondering since it seems BBTS has come through for people who ordered wave 3, but I haven't seen anything from someone who ordered directly from Super7.
User avatar
elvis8batman
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 pm

canprime wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 pm
Anyone who ordered all of wave 3 from Super7 get their order yet?

Just wondering since it seems BBTS has come through for people who ordered wave 3, but I haven't seen anything from someone who ordered directly from Super7.
Yeah I ordered from Super7 and my order came through a couple of weeks ago and I’m in the U.K. I got all of the released wave and just waiting on them to send out the fixed Cheetaras. Annoying thing is when they send her I’ll no doubt have to pay a second lot of customs fees. Ordered wave 2 directly from them too, but wave 4 and the Thundertank I’m getting from Comics and Cocktails which should be cheaper.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:43 pm

elvis8batman wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:20 pm
canprime wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:54 pm
Anyone who ordered all of wave 3 from Super7 get their order yet?

Just wondering since it seems BBTS has come through for people who ordered wave 3, but I haven't seen anything from someone who ordered directly from Super7.
Yeah I ordered from Super7 and my order came through a couple of weeks ago and I’m in the U.K. I got all of the released wave and just waiting on them to send out the fixed Cheetaras. Annoying thing is when they send her I’ll no doubt have to pay a second lot of customs fees. Ordered wave 2 directly from them too, but wave 4 and the Thundertank I’m getting from Comics and Cocktails which should be cheaper.
Ok good to know. I'm in Canada and I ordered directly from them as well, but I haven't seen anything yet.

What about anyone else in the US, or Canada? Did you order directly from Super7 and get your order yet?
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4277
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:18 pm

Slithe & Jaga are in my PoL (I BLAME ALL OF YOU FOR JAGA, lol...), and Optimuslivs4evr hooked me up with the glowing eyes Panthro head.

I am unfortunately not moving for another year, so I'm pulling stuff back out of storage, and am gonna make some new displays, and wanna make Thundercats & Silverhawks one of them (though I may not have enough to do so by the time I need to re-pack lol).
User avatar
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:19 pm

I as well am settling in for another year at my current place, so I started to rearrange my home office and unbox/unpack Marvel, Legends, MOTU, G.I. joe and Lego Displays.

Hoping to get to aThundercat display as well! Might need to more cases from IKEA.... What to do with the Thundertank is still unresolved.
User avatar
Rex Mason
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2151
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:00 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Today's SilverHawks reveal included Mon*Star's throne as a separate $45 piece. I don't particularly see the value in that one, but it has me wondering if the surprise Brian had teased was something along the same lines.

It would be hard for me to pass up a sword chamber, for example, and I could even see them doing Mumm-Ra's tomb or cauldron. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store next month!
Burkion
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:48 pm

Rex Mason wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Today's SilverHawks reveal included Mon*Star's throne as a separate $45 piece. I don't particularly see the value in that one, but it has me wondering if the surprise Brian had teased was something along the same lines.

It would be hard for me to pass up a sword chamber, for example, and I could even see them doing Mumm-Ra's tomb or cauldron. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store next month!
I speculated over in the Silver Hawks thread that it could even be a separate motorcycle belonging to a certain someone

Or rather, such a deluxe accessory type slot could fill that function
canprime
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:00 am

Burkion wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:48 pm
Rex Mason wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Today's SilverHawks reveal included Mon*Star's throne as a separate $45 piece. I don't particularly see the value in that one, but it has me wondering if the surprise Brian had teased was something along the same lines.

It would be hard for me to pass up a sword chamber, for example, and I could even see them doing Mumm-Ra's tomb or cauldron. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store next month!
I speculated over in the Silver Hawks thread that it could even be a separate motorcycle belonging to a certain someone

Or rather, such a deluxe accessory type slot could fill that function
Yeah I think this could open the door for Mandora's Electro-Charger. Especially since Super7 has now done this twice. First with the Mouser pack in TMNT, and then Mon*Star's Throne.

I guess the big question is can they pull it off in a wave as the fifth "figure" like TMNT and SIlverhawks? Or is it still too big to go that route, and still requires a separate release?

The Mousers were small, and just one mold repeated, so it was probably low cost, and why they got a bunch of accessories included. Mon*Star's Throne is similarly low cost being, from the looks of it, one piece. Maybe a couple pieces at most. Then it is also only one colour and has no accessories. Although from the looks of it Super7 used that budget to up the accessory count with the other figures in the wave.

So if they go this route can they do the Electro-Charger for a reasonable price? Also what would be a reasonable price? Mon*Star from wave 1 seems to have been a test case for such a high price point in a wave, separate from the other figures in the wave. Yes Mumm-Ra The Everliving was also a higher price, but not as high relative to his wave mates as Mon*Star was to his wave mates. The Elctro-Charger will also be more complex with wheels, moving parts and probably quite a few paint decos. As well there probably would have to be some accessory/accessories, unless they give them all to Mandora.

Finally what price would be reasonable to ask? The Throne is $45, but pretty bare bones, and the Mousers are the same as the figures in their wave ($55). Neither of those seems remotely possible. However I'm not sure if $85 is even possible for what the Electro-Charger would be in size and playability.

Either way it is fun to speculate.
Lasastard
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 am

Rex Mason wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Today's SilverHawks reveal included Mon*Star's throne as a separate $45 piece. I don't particularly see the value in that one, but it has me wondering if the surprise Brian had teased was something along the same lines.

It would be hard for me to pass up a sword chamber, for example, and I could even see them doing Mumm-Ra's tomb or cauldron. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store next month!
Sorry, but 45 bucks for the throne is ludicrous :D If ever we suspected that S7 was double-diming us poor suckers, this is our proof. It's a single piece of plastic - no movable parts, no intricate details or paint. And Super7 even owns the license. What the hell :lol:
fletch137
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:08 am

Lasastard wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 am
Sorry, but 45 bucks for the throne is ludicrous
I'm still excited about the Silverhawks line, but I'm hoping one of Brian's take-aways from this wave is "hnh, nobody's paying 45 bucks for a monochrome unarticulated piece of plastic."
User avatar
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:49 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 pm

The throne is still a big hunk of plastic. Material costs are definitely a factor for that along with Super7 knowing that not everyone is going to buy it. Seems perfectly reasonable to me for such a large piece.
Burkion
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:14 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:12 pm

lovable-bill wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:20 pm
The throne is still a big hunk of plastic. Material costs are definitely a factor for that along with Super7 knowing that not everyone is going to buy it. Seems perfectly reasonable to me for such a large piece.
One thing that kind of turned me around on it a little was just how big it was. I might get one just for my McFarlane Darkseid to sit on.
User avatar
hisdudeness9829
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:35 pm

Just snagged a GITD Mumm-Ra off BBTS! Refreshing the page once a day the last couple of weeks finally paid off!

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”