Mcfarlane Doom Eternal

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
MarvelElite
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mcfarlane Doom Eternal

Mon May 16, 2022 5:21 pm

The line lives!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mcfarlane Doom Eternal

Mon May 16, 2022 6:50 pm

Imagine using this license, which has some of the most iconic video game monster designs of all time, for nothing but Doom Slayer repaints.

More baffling still when you who owns the toy company are known for your incredible monster figures and even have a new SKU for bigger monsters.

I hope I can look back on this tomorrow and be like “Todd sure showed me, buying all of these awesome monsters” but I expect another Doom Slayer repaint and a Marauder repaint.
Sachiel
the phineas curmudgeon from a galaxy far far away

Tue May 17, 2022 4:02 pm

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Tue May 17, 2022 4:12 pm

I would buy so many demons from Doom II.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 5:14 pm

Are these only available from the McF site?
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 5:20 pm

Bring on some classic zombie men and brown Imps from Doom 1. All the zombie men repaints!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 7:24 pm

I hate that I was right.

Also how hard would it have been to make an actual Doom Classic skin. This is so lazy.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 8:15 pm

Roufuss wrote:
I hate that I was right.

Also how hard would it have been to make an actual Doom Classic skin. This is so lazy.
It's based on the classic skin you can unlock in doom eternal. It's seems like it's still got a fair few new parts if you look at the hd images while I really want the demons too there does seem to be a fair bit of variation for the classic skin
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 10:14 pm

I really like the classic inspired suit I ordered it but I think that’s all I need in this wave
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 11:38 pm

jkpopculture wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:15 pm
Roufuss wrote:
I hate that I was right.

It's based on the classic skin you can unlock in doom eternal. It's seems like it's still got a fair few new parts if you look at the hd images while I really want the demons too there does seem to be a fair bit of variation for the classic skin
I meant more an actual figure from Doom 1 and 2, not a skin pasted on the Eternal body. I know it’s in the game, but it would have been nice for this skin to remove the blade and cannon at the very least. Maybe it’s not possible with the license.

Happy for people who this works for, but for me it’s just not what I was looking for. I don’t want a Doom 1 version of the Eternal figure, I just want a Doom 1 figure. Even extra guns would have been enough to push me over the edge, but it’s the same shotgun again.

Or, you know, any of the monsters outside of the new one released for Eternal which imo isn’t as good as any of the classic ones would have worked too.

Honestly, I probably would have been more hyped if it was this skin and an Imp with some other monster. At least a new weapon! I just hate that this big reveal was just more Doom Marines.
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 18, 2022 6:50 pm

That's fair. I'm not a doom fan but I acknowledge it as a monumentus franchise in gaming. I'm aware of a fair amount about the franchise but that's mostly due to pop culture osmosis. I ordered the classic marine because I like the of the time quirks of the classic look with the bulky helmet and the football looking armor with exposed abs has a b-movie quality I like. And because I thought it'd be a Cool addition to my gaming figures. I've never actually played any doom outside of a few minutes of doom 1 . So yeah my standards are probably lower. Even still if they made some of the monsters I might get them for generic purposes and because they look cool
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 7:09 pm

The blade and the cannon are removable; they just plug in. I hear you on the monsters and weapons front though; I'd be more interested in this if there were a Mancubus or Arachnotron or something to go with it.

It doesn't help that the Marauder, as cool a figure as it is, is too small.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 7:28 pm

Seamus McSuperfly wrote:
The blade and the cannon are removable; they just plug in. I hear you on the monsters and weapons front though; I'd be more interested in this if there were a Mancubus or Arachnotron or something to go with it.

Does the cannon come out? I tried on the first release and it didn’t seem to want to budge, and I wasn’t about to try harder given it started to skyrocket in price.
Seamus McSuperfly
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 8:10 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:28 pm
Seamus McSuperfly wrote:

Does the cannon come out? I tried on the first release and it didn’t seem to want to budge, and I wasn’t about to try harder given it started to skyrocket in price.
It does. I removed it just now with just my hands, though that strained the plastic something fierce. Use hot water if you want to be safe about it.

felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 pm

Cyber Demon build a figure at some point?

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”