Premium DNA: Banjo Kazooie and Earthworm Jim

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Premium DNA: Banjo Kazooie and Earthworm Jim

Mon May 16, 2022 11:31 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 10:30 pm

I mean. I’m seeing double elbows and knees, ab rockers, ankles, shoulders, hips, etc. Looks like everything we see as standard in a 6” collector line.
Yeah 25 years was hyperbolic of me. I was looking at Psy-Crow though which looks like it'll get 40 degrees on the arms and legs, with no ab, and thighs look pretty limited. We'll see what the shoulders can do. It's telling, too, that all their Battle Toads are in completely vanilla poses in the above picture. Legends and Black Series will likely have much more range and flow. NECA TMNT as well-- though their joints are limited in some figures, they still hit a bunch of awesome poses because of the engineering. Price point wise that's $20-$35 per fig versus $50. These might be comparable to Super7 in price and engineering, but TBH those get a lotta gripes too.

We'll see! I'm enjoying a $50 Krillin on my desk right now whose articulation is incredibly good.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 12:14 am

Mooselander wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:02 pm
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:13 pm
Mooselander wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:59 pm
You guys do realize this is just a rebrand of Megalopolis toys, an outfit that scammed a bunch of people? EE is trying to sue the pants off them for fraud.
You do realize they've actually gotten toys out, and really that's all that matters at the moment?
So if the Nazis made action figures, you'd buy them no questions asked? I see, putting toys before principles, you love to see it, don't we folks?
If we want to open this door, let's also dive into the sordid saga of Doug TenNapel, creator of Earthworm Jim.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 12:31 am

Loved the games, watched the cartoon, owned the toys ... good chance I'm all-in on these. I'll be ordering from BBTS though, provided they don't mark them up wildly.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Mooselander wrote:
Detrimental_Fig wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 7:13 pm

You do realize they've actually gotten toys out, and really that's all that matters at the moment?
So if the Nazis made action figures, you'd buy them no questions asked? I see, putting toys before principles, you love to see it, don't we folks?
If we want to open this door, let's also dive into the sordid saga of Doug TenNapel, creator of Earthworm Jim.
Someone did ask on IG, and they confirmed Doug wasn’t involved in this at all. He created it but Interplay owns the rights completely, I don’t think he sees a cent from all of this.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 1:08 am

Oh man I don't know anything about Doug TenNapel other than me and several of my buddies really liked his work back in animation school. Afraid to look into it.
Detrimental_Fig
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:26 am

I can live with the articulation being a little basic, really as long as there's stuff like rocker ankles, that gives me enough of a fix right there. And their Madballs seem to pose okay, at least from what I've seen? I would love to go all in on the line, but I think I may stick with Jim and Psycrow. I REALLY like how Psycrow has come out.

However, and they do seem like they're not afraid to offer huge characters going by Battletoads, if they do a Queen Slug-for-a-Butt, I am definitely going to have to drop some cash on that.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 am

I bet when they reveal Jim everybody is gonna have a heart attack of happiness !!!!
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 11:38 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 am
MollyMillions wrote:
Mooselander wrote:

Someone did ask on IG, and they confirmed Doug wasn’t involved in this at all. He created it but Interplay owns the rights completely, I don’t think he sees a cent from all of this.
That is interesting. Thanks for the info.
AWCramer
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:09 pm

Mooselander wrote:
You guys do realize this is just a rebrand of Megalopolis toys, an outfit that scammed a bunch of people? EE is trying to sue the pants off them for fraud.
Its so sad that so many people are still misinformed when it comes to the actual details of that whole situation....
franky4fingers
Supports Digits

Tue May 17, 2022 3:41 pm

AWCramer wrote:
Mooselander wrote:
Its so sad that so many people are still misinformed when it comes to the actual details of that whole situation....
For those who don't know, what part of that is false?
AWCramer
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:48 pm

All the details are in the Updates section
https://www.startengine.com/megalopolis ... llectibles
Mooselander
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 10:17 pm

AWCramer wrote:
Mooselander wrote:
Are you one of the megalopolis people? Nothing in the link you provides contradicts anything I said. The answer to the complaint and counterclaim is filled with hilarious falsehoods, such as that Megalopolis was doing gangbusters throughout 2020. The company was circling the drain well before the pandemic, with terrible customer service, people not getting product and having to do chargebacks, and not paying BossFightStudios for an exclusive figure. You will be screaming uncle when the Utah Attorney General places a lien on all of your property for the frauds you committed and collectors you scammed.

For those who want to read the sordid details on Megalopolis and its PremiumDNA rebrand, check out https://creationedge.medium.com/the-sto ... e2e041c14a.

Edit: Looks like you are the designer for the PremiumDNA Line? https://www.instagram.com/awcramer/ Not gonna lie, your designs look great, it's just a bummer you fell in with a bad crowd and are in complete denial over it.
AgentLionel
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 11:22 pm

Gadzooks, that is a big mess. Were there a lot of Megalopolis customers that never got a refund and couldn't get a charge back?

Even though the two are brothers, I wouldn't necessarily lump them together. One may have been duped and taken advantage of by the other, who knows. But it seems that Megalopolis hurt the toy community enough that Premium DNA might be advised to speak more transparently about the connection, though with ongoing litigation that might be problematic. They aren't a nameless/faceless like Hasbro (who actually are great at showing off their faces and not being nameless) that are putting out bulk product for normal people through traditional channels. This is a boutique market for a scrutinizing customer and narrative matters.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 1:39 am

I know I wouldn't order anything directly from DNA, due to their affiliation with Megalopolis. Safest to order through a site like BBTS and not prepay. If you must order of any this product. I was initially stiffed out of in-stock, damaged packing items at Megalopolis which somehow disappeared and they couldn't fulfill my order. I think it took about a year to get my money back, if memory serves me.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 1:58 am

I dont care about the backstory, i just want the Plasticsssss!!!!!

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”