Battletoads by Premium DNA

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Battletoads by Premium DNA

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:40 am

supreme-d wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:09 pm
Misfit wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm
supreme-d wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:50 pm
Disclaimer: I have no connection to the Megapolis organization or anyone involved in making money from these figures or the Madballs/Battletoads brands in general.

Question: When did the issues with delivery start? Because a lot of brands have been delaying products in the last year and a half, and I’m a little confused why some projects/companies get a pass while others don’t.

Not saying anyone is wrong about Megaopolis, just trying to understand the issue more fully.
It wasn't just shipping delays. They were selling in-stock items, and then not sending them for weeks, if at all. Some people were able to get their money back, or their items, eventually. Some had to resort to going through back channels, like stopping payment through their bank, in order to resolve the issues. There are several detailed complaints in the Madballs thread on the General toy board. Megalopolis has said it was all Entertainment Earth's fault and they were making them pay upfront for product, forcing them to charge customers upfront, before sending inventory which EE would withhold anyway. They laid this out in a countersuit to EE suing them for unpaid invoices, which is why EE stopped sending Mega inventory. Some still take the side of Megalopolis while other are taking a wait and see, though litigation like that often takes years to sort out.
Oh wow gotcha. Well regardless of the decision, I would advise people not to base their understanding of the truth solely on the court decision. There’s can be a lot of difference between who is “at fault” legally and who is at fault by any common understanding of the term, especially when there are inequalities between each party’s resources for legal representation.
Honestly, I don't care if EE or Megalopolis is at fault. I heard it straight from the mouth of Ben at Megalopolis: They chose to jerk their customers around for over 3 months with no updates on the problems/shipping status/refunds/etc. Regardless who was to blame for the supply issues, Megalopolis chose to advertise products as "in stock" even if they weren't. They chose to ignore every customer inquiry. They chose to continue taking orders months after customers like myself ordered products we never received instead of suspending new orders like a responsible business.

Yeah, I really like and want these figures, but I won't support these crooks.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:59 pm

That was pretty much my take, as well. If EE was jerking them around like that, they still didn't need to lie to consumers, but that was the route they went. Plus their whole defense rests on EE viewing them as a threat to their business and were withholding inventory to sabotage them, which is quite a reach. EE was making money either way, they don't care if Mega is selling product or not. Plus they supply tons of other outlets, online and brick and mortar, and engaging in that type of behavior would be suicide for them as who would keep them on as a supplier?

Regardless, the court filings are out there for anyone who wants them. People are going to believe who they want to believe. I personally wouldn't touch them, but that isn't exactly much of a sacrifice on my part as I could not care less about Battletoads. I got that game for my birthday and it was the only new game I had that whole summer vacation so I got scars.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:08 pm

I haven’t heard a peep from them since their pre order window closed. Right now I feel like a real clown standing up for them. I just wanted it to actually happen so bad that maybe if I believed they would come through with Battletoads, that it would actually happen.

I could give or take the Battletoads figures, but Banjo and Conker lines are literal dream figures for me. For me, they’re just as big a part of my love for Nintendo as Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, etc.

(Ok, maybe not as much as those 3, but they’re up there!)
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:I haven’t heard a peep from them since their pre order window closed. Right now I feel like a real clown standing up for them. I just wanted it to actually happen so bad that maybe if I believed they would come through with Battletoads, that it would actually happen.

I could give or take the Battletoads figures, but Banjo and Conker lines are literal dream figures for me. For me, they’re just as big a part of my love for Nintendo as Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, etc.

(Ok, maybe not as much as those 3, but they’re up there!)
I messaged them last night. I was inquiring about battletoads pre orders at other retailers. This is their response.

"There’s still going to be a lot of options, particularly after our Madballs ship. Stay tuned Image"

To me it sounds like, as we suspected here, That the places like bbts are waiting for them to actually fulfill madballs before offering anything else.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Most outlets don't have much to say about product after the pre-order closes. That's when stuff really gets going, like tooling, and there just isn't much to share. Especially since they already showed prototypes. We usually don't hear anything from Super7 for months after their pre-orders close unless Brian Flynn is doing an interview and is asked specifically about it. The toy community is just in a wait and see mode with Premium DNA at this point. There's a lot riding on that Madballs line.
Boy Wonder

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:37 pm

Misfit wrote:
Most outlets don't have much to say about product after the pre-order closes. That's when stuff really gets going, like tooling, and there just isn't much to share. Especially since they already showed prototypes. We usually don't hear anything from Super7 for months after their pre-orders close unless Brian Flynn is doing an interview and is asked specifically about it. The toy community is just in a wait and see mode with Premium DNA at this point. There's a lot riding on that Madballs line.
Well pre orders closed on their site. Then they kept saying pre orders would open up for other sites, which has obviously yet to happen. I can’t imagine them only producing whatever was pre ordered on their site when they have to know how many folks would be waiting to order them on BBTS
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:
Misfit wrote:
Well pre orders closed on their site. Then they kept saying pre orders would open up for other sites, which has obviously yet to happen. I can’t imagine them only producing whatever was pre ordered on their site when they have to know how many folks would be waiting to order them on BBTS
If you refer to my previous comment, they are saying toads will be in other retailers

Boy Wonder

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:00 pm

I know. And I hope that happens. I was just referring to Misfit’s post where it sounded like PDNA’s next step was manufacturing. When they, according to them, should still have a rather large ordering window still yet to open.

Hopefully they’re just pouring 100% into finishing Mad Balls so that retailers will have enough faith in them to open orders for the toads and whatever else they trot out.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Boy Wonder wrote:I know. And I hope that happens. I was just referring to Misfit’s post where it sounded like PDNA’s next step was manufacturing. When they, according to them, should still have a rather large ordering window still yet to open.

Hopefully they’re just pouring 100% into finishing Mad Balls so that retailers will have enough faith in them to open orders for the toads and whatever else they trot out.
I think misfit was referring to madballls about the manufacturing step

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”

Recent Topics