Battletoads by Premium DNA

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Battletoads by Premium DNA

Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:That's assuming they get to the actual point they can fulfill product. BBTS is a safe bet if you must, but please dont.
I must, and i will thru big bad. Never dealt with megalopolis, but have read some horror stories

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Wed May 19, 2021 10:41 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:01 pm
I idiotically pre-ordered them directly from Megalopolis and haven't heard a peep. I'm counting it as a loss at this point.
Same, luckily I only ordered one. Sad to hear the situation with the shop escalated so much since then - I was totally unaware at the time.
CameronWV
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon May 24, 2021 4:14 pm

weizie wrote:
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:That's assuming they get to the actual point they can fulfill product. BBTS is a safe bet if you must, but please dont.
I must, and i will thru big bad. Never dealt with megalopolis, but have read some horror stories

BBTS says they aren't going to list them any time soon

weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 5:18 pm

CameronWV wrote:
weizie wrote:

BBTS says they aren't going to list them any time soon

Makes sense. I bet if the madballs are delivered they will offer orders for battle toads

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 5:53 pm

Hahahaha, what a nice way of saying we don't have confidence that they're going to deliver on products they've solicited.
weizie
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 6:23 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:Hahahaha, what a nice way of saying we don't have confidence that they're going to deliver on products they've solicited.
Yup thats how i took it too

PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 24, 2021 7:04 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:53 pm
Hahahaha, what a nice way of saying we don't have confidence that they're going to deliver on products they've solicited.
Yeah - this means BBTS doesn't have the confidence to front Premium DNA the money to make these toys. They offer pre-orders with Super 7 and the 4 Horsemen on front-funded product all the time, so this is not about the business model and entirely about the vendor.
DeadMallsTellNoTales
HULK SMASH!

Mon May 24, 2021 10:39 pm

Yeah, I mean BBTS offers Kickstarter pre-orders and other stores' exclusives - not a vote of confidence if they aren't taking them as of yet
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 25, 2021 12:24 am

Geoff Beckett sells products on BBTS.

Currently. As in, right this very moment. Geoff Beckett meets the criteria to have product listed on BBTS, even as preorders.

Let that one sink in.
Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 25, 2021 2:30 am

To be fair BBTS never actually said they were going to carry them. PDNA commented that they would be. But I'm totally on BBTS's side. You don't keep buying from a seller who hasn't shipped anything yet.

Madballs is supposed to be leaving the factory in about two weeks. So if this is just a big dumb grift, it won't be long before the cracks start forming.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 25, 2021 5:38 am

Yeah, I want these, but I am super glad that I didn't pre-order.

The only way I'd consider it is if BBTS puts them up.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:50 pm

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the Megapolis organization or anyone involved in making money from these figures or the Madballs/Battletoads brands in general.

Question: When did the issues with delivery start? Because a lot of brands have been delaying products in the last year and a half, and I’m a little confused why some projects/companies get a pass while others don’t.

Not saying anyone is wrong about Megaopolis, just trying to understand the issue more fully.
lovable-bill
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:12 pm

supreme-d wrote:
Disclaimer: I have no connection to the Megapolis organization or anyone involved in making money from these figures or the Madballs/Battletoads brands in general.

Question: When did the issues with delivery start? Because a lot of brands have been delaying products in the last year and a half, and I’m a little confused why some projects/companies get a pass while others don’t.

Not saying anyone is wrong about Megaopolis, just trying to understand the issue more fully.
It was more of an online store not sending product that people bought. Like if you bought something from BBTS and they just never send it to you. It's worrying about a store with those kind of business practices getting into toy production and just running off with the money ala Shocker Toys.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm

supreme-d wrote:

It wasn't just shipping delays. They were selling in-stock items, and then not sending them for weeks, if at all. Some people were able to get their money back, or their items, eventually. Some had to resort to going through back channels, like stopping payment through their bank, in order to resolve the issues. There are several detailed complaints in the Madballs thread on the General toy board. Megalopolis has said it was all Entertainment Earth's fault and they were making them pay upfront for product, forcing them to charge customers upfront, before sending inventory which EE would withhold anyway. They laid this out in a countersuit to EE suing them for unpaid invoices, which is why EE stopped sending Mega inventory. Some still take the side of Megalopolis while other are taking a wait and see, though litigation like that often takes years to sort out.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:09 pm

Misfit wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm
supreme-d wrote:

It wasn't just shipping delays. They were selling in-stock items, and then not sending them for weeks, if at all. Some people were able to get their money back, or their items, eventually. Some had to resort to going through back channels, like stopping payment through their bank, in order to resolve the issues. There are several detailed complaints in the Madballs thread on the General toy board. Megalopolis has said it was all Entertainment Earth's fault and they were making them pay upfront for product, forcing them to charge customers upfront, before sending inventory which EE would withhold anyway. They laid this out in a countersuit to EE suing them for unpaid invoices, which is why EE stopped sending Mega inventory. Some still take the side of Megalopolis while other are taking a wait and see, though litigation like that often takes years to sort out.
Oh wow gotcha. Well regardless of the decision, I would advise people not to base their understanding of the truth solely on the court decision. There’s can be a lot of difference between who is “at fault” legally and who is at fault by any common understanding of the term, especially when there are inequalities between each party’s resources for legal representation.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”