Resident Evil 3rd party figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
dillonpressley
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Resident Evil 3rd party figures

Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:41 am

captaincracker wrote:After a year+ wait, I got my Limtoys Leon today. My only gripe with the figure is that it almost comes with too much stuff. I feel like I need to make a diorama for all of it and get some soft goods 1/12 zombies for him to fight. I couldn't be happier with the figure.

Maybe I'll get the Dawn of the Dead 2 pack to display with him.
My exact sentiments. So much stuff that I feel compelled to build a diorama just to appreciate him fully. And definitely need at least one in scale zombie.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:16 am

Roufuss wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:41 am
Who has Leon instock currently?
Found one at Toys Wonderland:

https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/ ... cer-s-ver/

Use code TWBF2021 to save 20% until the 22nd. Knocks it down to $94, which is an insane price for everything you get.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 am

I got mine at onesixthkit, but they only have 2nd batch preorders right now. Mine was $113 shipped, so $94 is a great price. I highly recommend you buy it if you like the property. It's an excellent figure.
dillonpressley wrote:
captaincracker wrote:After a year+ wait, I got my Limtoys Leon today. My only gripe with the figure is that it almost comes with too much stuff. I feel like I need to make a diorama for all of it and get some soft goods 1/12 zombies for him to fight. I couldn't be happier with the figure.

My exact sentiments. So much stuff that I feel compelled to build a diorama just to appreciate him fully. And definitely need at least one in scale zombie.

I may just be excited about a cool new toy right now, but it may be my favorite 1/12 soft goods figure that I own...and I have a good amount of them. Green pajamas Red Skull may top him, but that's purely my bias for wanting that figure for years. I hope we get more RE figures from this company.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:01 am

captaincracker wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:45 am
I got mine at onesixthkit, but they only have 2nd batch preorders right now. Mine was $113 shipped, so $94 is a great price. I highly recommend you buy it if you like the property. It's an excellent figure.
dillonpressley wrote:

I may just be excited about a cool new toy right now, but it may be my favorite 1/12 soft goods figure that I own...and I have a good amount of them. Green pajamas Red Skull may top him, but that's purely my bias for wanting that figure for years. I hope we get more RE figures from this company.
One of the reps for the company appears to be posting over at Collector Freaks and dropped a hint that we may be seeing another figure soon. Hoping its Claire!

What really won me over on this figure was the tiny details — the typewriter in particular looks incredible.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:08 am

Roufuss wrote:

One of the reps for the company appears to be posting over at Collector Freaks and dropped a hint that we may be seeing another figure soon. Hoping its Claire!
I'd love to see Claire made next. I check out that forum a couple of times a week and I'll have to make sure to keep an eye on that thread.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:49 am

Claire makes sense, but I'd LOVE to see a Mr X with soft goods to go along with Leon! I still like my Palisades version, but his design lends itself well to cloth.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:16 pm

This Leon blows away anything Mezco has done in the last few years to me, in terms of sculpting, accessories, and price, and I’m a huge Mezco fanboy.

I am blown away at the level of quality on display here.

They even managed rocker ankles without breaking up the boot.
FurryCurry
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:46 am

captaincracker wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:08 am
Roufuss wrote:

I'd love to see Claire made next. I check out that forum a couple of times a week and I'll have to make sure to keep an eye on that thread.
Claire I'd buy for sure. Leon I skipped out on. I didn't love him in RE2. Loved Claire though!
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:51 pm

I have mixed feelings so far. The accessories are great but there are a lot of small issues with mine. Like the RPD and the symbol on the back of the vest aren't centered and skew left and one of the boots it pretty weirdly warped, and the right shoulder doesn't move up at all...yet I still can't stop looking at it and picking it up. I both love it and am a little frustrated.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:48 am

Warped how? There is a joint inside the boot that functions like an ankle rocker, it could be that maybe? It’s hard to explain and not something I’ve seen before.

The shoulders don’t move much on mine either, I think it’s just the clothing.
PlastikAddict
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:41 am

Roufuss wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:48 am
Warped how? There is a joint inside the boot that functions like an ankle rocker, it could be that maybe? It’s hard to explain and not something I’ve seen before.

The shoulders don’t move much on mine either, I think it’s just the clothing.
I'm not sure, I think because it is the material they used for the boot, there's like a weird bubble on the side that juts out that makes it look like a weird growth haha. Yeah the clothing is restricting it some but one shoulder has way more range than the other, so it might just need heating up.
Benedict
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:46 am

Ankle’s are a barbell joint, ball in the boot and ball in the leg.
Shoulders are like 1/6 scale, ball joint connecting to the body and a horizontal swivel. The base body has great range, the only issues I have on my 2 copies are the thigh swivels are incredibly stiff and one of the neck sockets is loose. Had to remove the clothing and heat the joints.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 am

I think I'm going to buy one of these today. Very excited!

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd really like if they rereleased this one day in the classic PS1 outfit. I loved the remake, but I'll always have a soft spot for the shoulder pads and original design.

Maybe someone (Neca or Storm) will finally do a real RE Classics line someday and I'll actually get that figure. I've still got my Toy Biz and Palisades versions on display. Until then, this is definitely the best modern RE figure we've gotten.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:39 pm

Just got Leon yesterday and absolutely adore it. I don’t really have anything to do with all the accessories and just posed him with his gun and the herb. But the mere fact that they exist and that I own them makes me inexplicably happy.

If I had had this figure when I was 16, I would’ve spent months creating an entire police station diorama and placing the accessories in game appropriate locales.
FuzzyBlueDemon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:19 pm

MisplacedProjectile wrote:Just got Leon yesterday and absolutely adore it. I don’t really have anything to do with all the accessories and just posed him with his gun and the herb. But the mere fact that they exist and that I own them makes me inexplicably happy.

If I had had this figure when I was 16, I would’ve spent months creating an entire police station diorama and placing the accessories in game appropriate locales.
Yeah, I absolutely love this figure. I'm pretty hesitant to spend big money on third party stuff due to quality concerns, but this figure is just fantastic. Even better than the Snake they did before it. I really hope to get a couple more figures for RE out of them, I'd love to see a Mr X in this quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”