Jakks Apex Legends

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
lilneonboi
Faster than a speeding bullet

Re: Jakks Apex Legends

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:26 pm

Really digging the Revenant Gamestop exclusive just for the paint. I'm hoping the figure looks as good in person as the promo images. Otherwise, there's not a ton of difference other than the unique packaging.

Saw that S4 is supposedly Caustic, and Octane and Pathfinder repaints. Fine with Caustic because he is new but I'm kind of upset about the continued repaints showing up before new characters. Must be working for them I guess.

That said, the Octane one is supposed to be his Hit&Run skin which is my favorite so I'll def be picking it up. I don't need a third Pathfinder though. Still just wishing they would have done something like Caustic, Lifeline, and Gibby/Bangalore.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Yeah, happy there's at least 1 new character, but there should've been at least 2.

Caustic is an interesting choice. Don't mind him, but he's not an OG (like Lifeline, Bangalore or Gibby) and it's also pretty much a sausage-fest at this point. Still...glad its a new character.

Octane is popular and hasn't had a repaint so if they were going to do a repaint in the wave, I understand why they selected him. A bit surprised it'll be Hit & Run though - it is a good skin but the colors are almost the same as his regular release. For shelf appeal I would've expected something like Head Trip?

Pathfinder...ugh. One of my favorites in-game. But I just don't need a 3rd version of him when so many incredible characters are still waiting in the wings.

My wants, in order:
1. Loba
2. Lifeline
3. Bangalore
4. Gibby
5. Wattson
lilneonboi

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:51 pm

I just hope they don't burn the candle before at least getting us one of every OG character. Caustic was technically OG (was available on release day for purchase).

My wants, in order:
1. Lifeline
2. Gibby
3. Bangalore
4. Crypto
5. Wattson

TBH, I'd love Crypto and Wattson before some of the others solely because of their figure potential. But I'd be super happy as long as we get 1 of every character in their base skin before the line fizzles... and hopefully it doesn't fizzle.
lilneonboi

Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:55 pm

They aren't the best figures made... to be fair. But it's all we got right now and I'd love to line my shelf with all of them if I can.

I also purchased 3 of the supply bin weapons of Amazon. Nice metal weapons but definitely a tad out of scale. The bins themselves are nice for a display and I was ecstatic to get three different ones in my order. Really pulling for this line because its my favorite game out right now and I'm down for a shelf full of awesome, even if the figures are a bit lackluster.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Similar feelings - I love the lore/characters. I think the designs are fantastic and even the in-game comms are so character-specific and full of life. I also get they aren't...the best, but I also hope they get everyone out up through Valk) because I'd love to have a shelf full of Legends.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:02 pm

The Walmart’s around me just have wave 3 sitting on them. Mostly of mirage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:55 am

Mirage definitely suffered from his features being way too soft & cartoony unfortunately. He's got an amazing look in-game. Wish they'd captured it a bit more strongly.
lilneonboi

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:39 am

Mirage shelf warming isn't a great sign if the re-skins are selling better than unique characters. That said, I've actually yet to see any of the waves, in person, at Target or Wal-Mart. My local Wal-Mart had tags up for Series 1 but either they sold out right away or were never stocked to begin with.

I actually thought about picking up a second Mirage if I ran into one just to pose as a decoy. I could see them making a partially translucent one as an exclusive in the future. Would probably depend on how well the GameStop Revenant sells.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:16 pm

lilneonboi wrote:Mirage shelf warming isn't a great sign if the re-skins are selling better than unique characters. That said, I've actually yet to see any of the waves, in person, at Target or Wal-Mart. My local Wal-Mart had tags up for Series 1 but either they sold out right away or were never stocked to begin with.

I actually thought about picking up a second Mirage if I ran into one just to pose as a decoy. I could see them making a partially translucent one as an exclusive in the future. Would probably depend on how well the GameStop Revenant sells.
I bought a couple of him for the decoy thing. I thought they’d announce wave 4 soon since threes been out for a while now.

VADtoys
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:50 pm

If anyone is curious, the Caustic, Octane and Pathfinder wave seems to be leaked by Toywiz. They have the figures slated for a September release.
https://toywiz.com/video-games/apex-legends/

Man, screw Jakks' character selection. I'm happy with Caustic but we'll never get the whole roster at this rate.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:37 am

Another pathfinder? What the hell?!

Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:03 am

Thats unfortunate. I love the game and love the line but do not need a 3rd Pathfinder. That spot should've gone to Lifeline, an OG female w/ a dynamic look.
lilneonboi

Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:32 am

Dang, so I the leak I saw was correct. Still gonna get Caustic and the new Octane but I'm skipping the Pathy.
degausser
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:19 pm

Only way I get this pathfinder is if it’s his war machine skin or the detective suit one.

lilneonboi

Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:03 am

The leaks say its the Team Lift skin. I totally agree with you though, if it was either of those two I'd probably get it.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”