Pokemon Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Pokemon Figures

Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:24 pm

Finally decided that I need a super-articulated Charizard (now that the SHF is $300, of course). Fortunately, that Jazwares figure looks like a good alternative if it's legit. The wings look a little small, but I'm going to keep an eye out for it.
Ruckus
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 am

I'm so tempted to get some of the battle action figures but the 'features' really ruin them for me.

At least Charizard is getting a new proper figure at some point. I hope the same for Snorlax. Mostly tempted to get Blastoise, Sharpedo and Gengar but the features are so tacky.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Pokemon Figures

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm

Get the Gengar model kit and the KO Snorlax piggy bank and SHF Blastoise.
Ruckus
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:36 am

Ended up picking up Gengar and Dragonite today along with a Select Shiny Pikeachu plush.

Gengar is actually pretty cool. Since he has no buttons or silly activation attachments I don't mind his action feature.
Ruckus
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Did Wicked/Jazwares cancel the Select line? Found Mew & Pikipek so decided to pick them up. Good way to get some singles.

For some reason it doesn't seem like they released them or other characters like Goomy & Marshadow in any of the Battle Packs?
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:51 pm

Ruckus wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:37 pm
Did Wicked/Jazwares cancel the Select line? Found Mew & Pikipek so decided to pick them up. Good way to get some singles.

For some reason it doesn't seem like they released them or other characters like Goomy & Marshadow in any of the Battle Packs?

I haven't heard of any new Selects coming out. Were they only available at Gamestop? I believe you are correct, that those 4 figures were never re-released in other lines. Growlith was another one, and was kinda spendy on the aftermarket, but it recently was released in a belt pack. So there is still a chance for them to still get re-released.
MagicDishwasher
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:48 pm

Gamestop has the latest clip n' go and 4" battle figures in stock. I just got Raichu in the mail today and should get Sirfetchd and Vulpix tomorrow. Can't wait for a Pidgeot listing!
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:21 am

I just recieved Sir Fetched, Raichu, and Galarian Ponyta from the Gamestop website today. Ironically I also saw part of the wave at Target today too. They look good, but I haven't had a chance to open them yet.
Reinanigans
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Ugh. I ordered a Raichu from Game Stop and it came with a huge scratch right on the stomach visible in the package. Ordered a replacement, and the paint was somehow even worse. Now that I'm vaccinated, I think I will just go to a physical store to get a refund or hopefully make an exchange for one with better paint. :(
synchronii
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 05, 2021 11:56 pm

synchronii wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:23 am
A few Wave 9 listings seem to be popping up for July 2021 (spotted on animestore.cz)

Wave 9 4" Battle figures:
- Inteleon
- Cinderace
- Mewtwo
- Ash and Pikachu

Wave 9 Clip and Go:
– Piplup
– Riolu
– Pikachu
– Teddiursa
– Sneasel
– Toxel

Wave 9 2" and 3" figure assortment
- Pikachu & Bulbasaur
- Squirtle & Appletun
- Charmander & Wynaut
- Boltund
- Leafeon
- Glaceon

I never buy the clip and go sets, on the assumption they will usually make it into a 3 pack eventually. Good to see that they seem to be committed to the Eeveelutions, disappointed to have more slots taken up by Pikachu and the Kanto starters, but I get why it happens.
Some neat updates on the European distributor sites (specifically Bliss Distribution)
Wave 10 2"/3" (due Sept 2021) listed as follows:
• Chikorita/Pikachu
• Cyndaquil/Deino
• Totodile/Abra
• Hawlucha
• Absol
• Gastly

Epic Figure Rillaboom (Due Sept 2021)

4.5" Battle action Scyther (Due June 2021) Not clear which wave this is supposed to be a part of, but given the time of dropping, could have joined wave 9 which was previously listed as Ash and Pikachu, Mewtwo, Cinderace and Inteleon.

Heo.com is also listing a Sinnoh 8 pack estimated to drop in October, which makes sense with the new games coming out and good news for anyone who missed the quote sparingly distributed Garchomp figure.

- 1x Pikachu
- 1x Riolu
- 1x Munchlax
- 1x Eevee
- 1x Lucario
- 1x Leafeon
- 1x Glaceon
- 1x Garchomp

Still no word on what the Wave 9 3-packs are going to include but presume it will be the Wave 8 figures interspersed with a few clip and go figures or figures from older waves and the obligatory Pikachu.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 am

Nice find! I'm lookin forward to a Scyther. Hopefully it will only have a wing flapping effect, instead of a slashing one, to allow more posing. Dieno, Glaceon, and Leafeon are also most welcome.

I'm really glad the Epic figures are continuing. I love those larger figures, and want them to release as many as they can.
synchronii

Thu May 06, 2021 12:17 am

christianpyro wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:07 am
Nice find! I'm lookin forward to a Scyther. Hopefully it will only have a wing flapping effect, instead of a slashing one, to allow more posing. Dieno, Glaceon, and Leafeon are also most welcome.

I'm really glad the Epic figures are continuing. I love those larger figures, and want them to release as many as they can.
I can't imagine Scyther doing anything other than slashing, but we can dream. I wish the 4.5" just had normal articulation rather than the battle effects, but it's more aimed at children than collectors, so you have to take what you can get I suppose.

Totally agree, the epic figures (particularly the Venasaur and Gyarados) are some of the best in the line. I think the 12" select line for the anniversary are, for all intents and purposes, going to be epic scale too.

I am looking forward to the Gastly to complete the evolution line. They will look great together.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 am

I found this listing on Amazon for an unknown 12" figure. Maybe its Rillaboom? The details inside the listing don't seem to match the title, so who knows, but I pre-ordered just in case.

synchronii

Thu May 06, 2021 12:24 am

christianpyro wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:20 am
I found this listing on Amazon for an unknown 12" figure. Maybe its Rillaboom? The details inside the listing don't seem to match the title, so who knows, but I pre-ordered just in case.

Looks like it is. The code in that listing (PKW0182) matches back to the listing on Bliss Distributions.

https://www.blissdistribution.co.uk/cgi ... 210&N&9864
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 am

I would have never thought to check and compare the Item Model Number. That's clever. I'll have to add that to my bag of tricks. :D

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”