McFarlane Toys The Witcher 3

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Toys The Witcher 3

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm

I know like... 99.99% of you don't care about this stuff the way I do but.. one thing I really, really liked about the Witcher game was how realistically scaled and styled most of the weapons were, despite being fantasy. Geralt was often using straight up medieval longswords with designs about as close to real-world as you get while still being in a fantasy setting (indeed, several of the weapons basically do have real world direct counterparts). So it absolutely kills me to see McFarlane pop out these fairly nice-looking figures with goofy, oversized primer-grey swords. Wtf.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 12:10 am

Well on the plus side, at least Mac didn’t use those bendy plastic for the swords like he did with Arkham Deathstroke.

Ciri looks great. I like how they posted her full name too. I actually would like to see her face better though as the pics are not that clear. Not sure if there something going on with the paint application or just the pic not being high res.

Geralt looks great too. And yes hopefully they fix the issues with this one that was on the first figure. Different armors are always welcome. Hopefully there’s a new hairstyle there somewhere.
Mister Skeezler
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 1:13 am

KnightDamien wrote:I know like... 99.99% of you don't care about this stuff the way I do but.. one thing I really, really liked about the Witcher game was how realistically scaled and styled most of the weapons were, despite being fantasy. Geralt was often using straight up medieval longswords with designs about as close to real-world as you get while still being in a fantasy setting (indeed, several of the weapons basically do have real world direct counterparts). So it absolutely kills me to see McFarlane pop out these fairly nice-looking figures with goofy, oversized primer-grey swords. Wtf.
Agreed 100%

misterskeezler on Instagram

Avon
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 02, 2021 10:24 pm

Hm, I’ve know little about the Witcher, but part of me is wanting to get a few of these figs as warhammer fantasy/old world stand ins. Maybe each of the different looking geralts and popping a different head on each or something, to put together a little warhammer fantasy role play party. I’m not convinced about the overlay over armature approach though - seems like it reduces rather than improves articulation (tho obvs looks good sculpt wise)? The eredin (a great chaos knight stand in-alike if ever there was one) seems to only have single jointed limbs too. *scratches chin thoughtfully
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm

I’m really curious now about the Netflix Geralt. I want to use his Roach for the game Geralt. But now I need a horse for Ciri. Or a unicorn......
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 04, 2021 8:39 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:45 pm
I know like... 99.99% of you don't care about this stuff the way I do but.. one thing I really, really liked about the Witcher game was how realistically scaled and styled most of the weapons were, despite being fantasy. Geralt was often using straight up medieval longswords with designs about as close to real-world as you get while still being in a fantasy setting (indeed, several of the weapons basically do have real world direct counterparts). So it absolutely kills me to see McFarlane pop out these fairly nice-looking figures with goofy, oversized primer-grey swords. Wtf.
I painted mine with a very nice metallic paint, and they look great. They're still big, but somehow I don't mind it that much.
vicious7171
CROM!

Tue May 04, 2021 8:58 pm

The weapons are very important to the overall feel of it. Geralt's two swords are probably the most iconic thing about him, alongside his silver hair and yellow eyes. I'm confident that mcfarlane will improve the Geralts, as they have done in the past year with their DC line. Unfortunately the well isn't quite as deep with the Witcher's looks compared to say, how many outfits Batman has, so hopefully they improve sooner rather than later. Props to those buying and those who are fixing up their Geralts and weaponry for supporting the early releases.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue May 04, 2021 10:39 pm

vicious7171 wrote: I'm confident that mcfarlane will improve the Geralts, as they have done in the past year with their DC line.
The worst thing about both Geralt figures is the swords. Judging by the absolutely atrocious garbage that passes for weapons in the DC line, I'm far less confident that we'll see anything worth buying IF that is a sticking point for someone.
Makes me sad, though. That new Geralt would be a must-have if the weapons weren't so poorly done.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 am

Aleks wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:10 pm
This is Legendary Manticore armor on NG+

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Legenda ... core_armor

Not WOLF. Anyway, looks OK. Like this version more.
I just looked this up and yeah, the Wolven armor looks nothing like the pic. I wonder why McF's team mixed it up like that.
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 4:34 am

I’m with you guys on the weapons. McFarlane's accessories used to be the coolest things about the old toys. Saw a Geralt in person and didn't buy it because these swords way are too big and look off.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 12:13 pm

Over on the Dc boards, someone posted a list of upcoming Mac Dc figures. In that list there seems to be listings for WV3 Witcher figures. I’m assuming WV3 means wave 3? It lists:

Geralt Viper armor(teal): It’s been awhile, but doesn’t the viper armor look really similar to his regular armor(wave 1 Geralt)? So can this just be considered a teal wave 1 repaint for the most part?

Ciri Elder Blood: I can only assume this is normal wave 2 Ciri repainted with energy effects or something.

Ice Giant and Ice Giant bloodied mega fig: a larger figure.

The ice Giant is welcome. Disappointed in the repaints of Geralt and Ciri. Geralt could have been a repaint exclusive somewhere. Was hoping for either legendary Bear or Cat armor. At least they look distinctly different from his regular armor. Ciri elder blood seems like another wasted normal slot in a repaint I’m assuming. Maybe better off as a chase figure in wave 2. Would much rather give that spot to Yennefer or Triss. I mean I really was expecting Yennefer to be in wave 3 at least.
la6689
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Sign me up for some ice giants!
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm

I hoping we get Yennefer, Triss, Keira, Imlerith, Vesemir, Dandelion and Regis before the line ends.. and PLEASE PLEASE Mcfarlane, let them be in the proper scale!

Of course, I wouldn't mind having minor characters like Roche, Djikstra, Phillipa, Caranthir, Lambert, Eskel, Keira Metz, Detlaff, Olgierd or Zoltan, but I think that would be asking for too much.
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 14, 2021 11:26 am

Hopefully we AT LEAST get Yen and Triss too. And where is the netflix Geralt?
iskopower
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon May 17, 2021 2:21 pm

iskopower wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:56 pm
I hoping we get Yennefer, Triss, Imlerith, Vesemir, Dandelion and Regis before the line ends.. and PLEASE PLEASE Mcfarlane, let them be in the proper scale!

Of course, I wouldn't mind having minor characters like Roche, Djikstra, Phillipa, Caranthir, Lambert, Eskel, Keira Metz, Detlaff, Olgierd or Zoltan, but I think that would be asking for too much.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”