JazWares 18th Halo

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: JazWares 18th Halo

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm
I still doubt there's a chance anyone will ever get the Marvel license out of their hands though lol
Uh, the Marvel *and* Star Wars licenses are already being worked by multiple toy companies. Hasbro, Bandai, and I wanna say Kotobukiya all make 6" figures, then there's the Hot Toys 12" stuff. LEGO also gets the brickplay licenses since Hasbro foolishly thought they could simply copy them with Kreo shit instead of trying to innovate as MegaConstrux does (with their figures, at least).

The simple truth I see is that Hasbro shat their reign as the Kings of 18th down the toilet so thoroughly that nobody believes 18th Marvel *can* succeed so they don't offer Disney bids for the license, imho.

And I know there are multiple Spartans in the Halo lore but goddamn do I not need multiples in one package.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:12 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:25 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:29 pm
I still doubt there's a chance anyone will ever get the Marvel license out of their hands though lol
Uh, the Marvel *and* Star Wars licenses are already being worked by multiple toy companies. Hasbro, Bandai, and I wanna say Kotobukiya all make 6" figures, then there's the Hot Toys 12" stuff. LEGO also gets the brickplay licenses since Hasbro foolishly thought they could simply copy them with Kreo shit instead of trying to innovate as MegaConstrux does (with their figures, at least).

The simple truth I see is that Hasbro shat their reign as the Kings of 18th down the toilet so thoroughly that nobody believes 18th Marvel *can* succeed so they don't offer Disney bids for the license, imho.

And I know there are multiple Spartans in the Halo lore but goddamn do I not need multiples in one package.
Ah I should have been more specific, Hasbro wont let go of Marvel and Star wars action figure license in the U.S.A.

Im pretty sure Bandai, Mafex, etc get away with it as an non U.S.A license, I know I’ve read that in the past. And Im fairly certain that if it were that simple we would be flooded with companies cranking out figures from the two most popular properties in the U.S.A.

I wouldnt count lego in an action figure license, those are brick toys. Same w/Kotobukiya, those are statues.

I do agree with you that Hasbro’s 1:18 reign is down the toilet. But I think that is basically by their own choice. Since they are a massive company with way more resources than most others. If the market makes a heavy shift from 1:12 back to 1:18, you can bet Hasbro will jump on that train.

I still maintain that we will not see Jazzwares ever get these licenses away from Hasbro, but I would love to see it happen.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:13 pm

thefamousnicknaro wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:36 am
When I saw how many new posts there were, I assumed people were talking about the new four pack that was revealed, but I guess not! Image

I have no info on it at all, but I’m stoked for a Halo CE Chief.
I dont need another infinite Chief, but I will buy that set!
AdrienVeidt

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:46 pm

I don't think we'll see JW get the licenses simply because they can't afford Disney's asking price over what Hasbro can pay, imho. Maybe in a few years of increasing profits, which they'd have to wait for the current contracts with Hasbro to expire anyway.
Leonardo T Dragon
Customized

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:03 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
thefamousnicknaro wrote:
When I saw how many new posts there were, I assumed people were talking about the new four pack that was revealed, but I guess not! Image

I have so much need for a CE Master Chief and a whole passel of CE Grunts!!!
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:09 pm

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:03 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:
thefamousnicknaro wrote:
When I saw how many new posts there were, I assumed people were talking about the new four pack that was revealed, but I guess not!
I have so much need for a CE Master Chief and a whole passel of CE Grunts!!!
Same! Im really hoping CE covenant figures get single pack releases so we can army build the shit out of them!

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:46 pm
I don't think we'll see JW get the licenses simply because they can't afford Disney's asking price over what Hasbro can pay, imho. Maybe in a few years of increasing profits, which they'd have to wait for the current contracts with Hasbro to expire anyway.
They would need to increase profits by an insane margin to be able to compete with Hasbro's buying power, but anything is possible - you never know!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:40 am

Wow I had no idea that Jazwares made a Mantis mech. That was my play style in Halo 4. I’d go on terrifying killing sprees in a Mantis. Ridiculous fun. I need one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Akatsuki

JazWares 18th Halo

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 am

Found a Mantis mech at Target! What luck finding one right after I found out about its existence. The Mantis is really cool! It’s so much taller and bigger than I was expecting. Such a great deal for $40. And it includes an EVA Spartan, which is one of my favorite armors.

I’m blow away by how big and tall this Mantis is. So impressive in person. It would also work as a fantastic stand in for a mech or drone for other lines and scales even. Would be a great mech to fight 6” scale figures, too.

I used to have such a great time wreaking havoc in a Mantis back in the day in Halo 4. I had a great kill/death ratio in part because of all my Mantis killing sprees. Fun times!

Edit: Mantis would even be a cool drone for 6” scale!

Reefer Shark
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:22 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:09 am
Found a Mantis mech at Target! What luck finding one right after I found out about its existence. The Mantis is really cool! It’s so much taller and bigger than I was expecting. Such a great deal for $40. And it includes an EVA Spartan, which is one of my favorite armors.

I’m blow away by how big and tall this Mantis is. So impressive in person. It would also work as a fantastic stand in for a mech or drone for other lines and scales even. Would be a great mech to fight 6” scale figures, too.

I used to have such a great time wreaking havoc in a Mantis back in the day in Halo 4. I had a great kill/death ratio in part because of all my Mantis killing sprees. Fun times!

Edit: Mantis would even be a cool drone for 6” scale!

Very cool! Mantis looks great with Mr. Stark there, definitely agree that this vehicle is pretty versatile for display options, glad you scored one!

I was pretty impressed with the size, look, and articulation on this thing. Definitely not as strong on paint apps on this one as the other vehicles in the line though, and the cockpit is a bit weak with minimal details and such. But still, a great vehicle for the collection. I have mine up on a shelf with some different two-legged walker vehicles from Star Wars and it blends in perfectly.
AdrienVeidt

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm

All those complaints pretty much evaporate when you remember it's only $40 (actually $30 with a $10 figure packed in).

Akat, you have the Mantis' arms reverse-backwards of how the box shows them, I think. The hindarms are supposed to go outwards with the forearms pointing forward. The missile pod left 'hand' should have the brown bit on top.

Their first promo image had it like you do:

But the box and in-game images have it reversed from your pic:

I had posed mine's arms like yours at first then felt the shoulder joint worked with more range of motion like the box and game images have it.
Reefer Shark
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:33 pm

Oh absolutely, Agree with you on that. It's an incredible value in today's action figure market. I would say those weren't complaints as I'm very pleased with the vehicle, just observations. I could always weather it fairly easily if I was so inclined, and the cockpit interior is a non-issue as 99% of the time you'll never see it.

I had the same thing as Akat with the arm articulation too btw, it was a bit tricky for sure.
Akatsuki

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:58 pm

Thanks, Adrien Veidt! I see what you mean about the arms! I get a lot better range now. I like the Mantis figure even more!

Akatsuki

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:20 pm

I agree that in terms of value for the money, I don’t know if there is anything that competes with this Mantis and EVA Spartan set. It’s an excellent deal for a huge mech like this. I ordered a second off the Target app.

I need that yellow EOD Spartan now, too. I always liked that armor.

Reefer Shark
CROM!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:58 pm

That yellow spartan is hitting Targets now too, and it is a very nice figure. The new figures in the entire new wave of singles are super cool actually, especially digging the Jackal! I need a few more of that one for the covenant ranks.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

JazWares 18th Halo

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:03 am

Anyone have the wave 3 Elite? I picked one up since it’s a standard Elite. Haven’t opened it yet, but it looks like it’s missing a piece. There’s a ball cavity at the lower jaw, like a piece should be there for the actual jaws. Haven’t been able to find reviews of this figure, but promo pics seem to match the figure I have. Obviously the helmet has some mandibles but shouldn’t there be fleshy ones under those?Image

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”