Square Enix Bring Arts

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Square Enix Bring Arts

Fri May 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Not only did we NOT get a figure reveal for Dragon Quest’s 35th anniversary, I instead got an email from Amiami letting me know that the Chocobo has been pushed back AGAIN
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:29 am

Man, at this point I wish Square Enix would partner up with someone, anyone, rather than keep doing this by themselves.

Just license this stuff out. Give it to everyone under the sun.

Let me get my Chrono Trigger Funko Pops and my Jazwares 6” Final Fantasy VI figures. There is so much more they could be doing.
Boy Wonder

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:29 am
Man, at this point I wish Square Enix would partner up with someone, anyone, rather than keep doing this by themselves.

Just license this stuff out. Give it to everyone under the sun.

Let me get my Chrono Trigger Funko Pops and my Jazwares 6” Final Fantasy VI figures. There is so much more they could be doing.
Man. I always forget that they have Chrono Trigger too.

They’ve got Trials of Mana and a few other random figures on the docket, it just feels weird that they’re not allocating more resources to their two biggest cash cows.

I usually wish they’d just licensed everything to Figma. Although I don’t know if they’d put out as much in a short period of time like Bring Arts has. Like how we got the whole FF9 and DQ11 crews in a relatively short period of time. Well... minus Hendrik... grumble grumble...
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:26 pm

I wonder if Chrono Trigger is harder to do because of all of the creators involved, be it legally or just a gentleman’s agreement. Because they should really just license that one out to Bandai and let them do a line of SHF based on the game. A line like that would be an instant sell-out.
FurryCurry
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:12 pm

How do we still not have FF7 Bring Arts?
Boy Wonder

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:33 pm

FurryCurry wrote:
After today's absurd E3 presentation, I don't get anything this company does.

Maybe I'm the clown for expecting FF16 news, but you'd think they'd have a little something to show from the mainline of their flagship franchise.

They just announced some more FF7 Play Arts stuff. Looks like they're bleeding that dry until they move on. I'd take anything from FF, DQ, or Chrono Trigger at this point. But outside of the Chocobo, they got nothing announced for any of those franchises coming in the future.
PlastikAddict
Customized

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:54 am

Boy Wonder wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:33 pm
FurryCurry wrote:
After today's absurd E3 presentation, I don't get anything this company does.

Maybe I'm the clown for expecting FF16 news, but you'd think they'd have a little something to show from the mainline of their flagship franchise.

They just announced some more FF7 Play Arts stuff. Looks like they're bleeding that dry until they move on. I'd take anything from FF, DQ, or Chrono Trigger at this point. But outside of the Chocobo, they got nothing announced for any of those franchises coming in the future.
I saw some things suggesting it might show up at whatever event Sony's rumored to do in a few weeks.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:57 am

About to wrap up playing Nier: Replicant and once that wraps am planning on jumping into a replay of Nier: Automata - and the experience motivated me to dig out the few Nier figures I had and look into picking up the Nier/Emil two pack I passed on and get another A2 figure (that I had and sold for a pittance a while back).

Aaaaaand then I immediately was surprised at the aftermarket jump on those guys. Good for Bring arts maintaining value but the Nier/Emil two pack is too rich for my blood for figures of this quality level. That said it was cool seeing Automata is getting some Play Arts so I did jump on all of those.
Boy Wonder

Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:41 am

Chocobo got delayed to Sept. They just can’t get this thing out. That’s like 6 months behind when it was supposed to come out.

They announced a couple new figures for this line today from some game I haven’t heard of. Maybe someday I’ll get Yangus and the rest of the DQ8 crew... I just finished DQ4 a week ago. I’d like to get more of them too to go with Alena. At least the hero.

Just bought Chrono Trigger today. I already wanted those characters to get made. I’m sure how I’ll just be louder.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”

Recent Topics