Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:26 pm

I had high hopes for this line, but it's making me think less of Jazwares as a company. Video game toy lines are rarely long for this world, so I had hoped they'd produce some great figures.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:05 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm
The Yoroi armor sure looks nice. But the figure is kinda disappointing in hand. Super gummy. Especially the knees, which look awful when bent. Sword is gummy too. Torso articulation is limited...hey line consistency! Trying to move the torso has caused paint rub on the abs. You would think after this many waves, they’d start to fix issues with the line.
Mine was the opposite — all the joints were super sturdy, no gummy feeling at all. The sword though, definitely gummy, like all the weapons have been in this line. That seems to be an industry standard now, as McFarlane weapons are also this awful pliable material that come out of the package warped.

As I mentioned before, Jazwares in my experience doesn’t really fix anything as a line goes on. I can’t recall any of the complaints about the 6” Fortnite line ever being addressed. So the issues in Wave 1 will probably persist until the end of the line.

I dig a lot of what they do, but improvement and communication isn’t their deal it seems.
Darthgaar
Super Poseable

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:08 am

It's disappointing to hear that Yoroi has issues. Those knees just look like shit when bent! Another figure that'll remain in standing poses.
I'm still going to buy them but this series has so much potential, Jazwares is a good company but they need to listen to feedback and make improvements!
Slaker
Avengers Assemble

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:38 am

I disagree that Jazwares never updates their lines. The knees have changed. They are worse.

I am still on balance happy with this line. It's a step up from where McFarlane ended and everything Mattel did, and roughly in 1/12 scale, but it does feel like a fumble to have a number of small flaws hold these back from being great.
FurryCurry
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:43 am

I'm honestly in it for the accessories to deck out the 1000toys Master Chief whenever I get that. If Arbiter does get made I'll get him too regardless of quality.
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:28 pm

I found the Halo 2 version of Chief this morning at Target. That was an easy purchase from me.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:20 pm

It's a bummer to hear the quality on the Yoroi figure is low. I want that figure so bad - but I'm afraid I'm never going to see it at retail. Amazon hasn't listed it and it's $70 on ebay currently. Even with the gummy joints I'm not going to be able to pass him up and stand him on my shelf, assuming I ever actually find him.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:28 pm

I’m mixed up about which Master Chief is which now, but I got Master Chief with the grappling gauntlet from Halo Infinite. Fun figure! Just played through the first mission of the game earlier this week. It’s awesome to play a Halo game again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FirstPick
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:20 am

Just got the Halo 2 Chief figure as well.
https://youtu.be/kDxl9H8k73M

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

DioramaMaker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:38 am

Y'all priming or sanding these figs prior to repaints or just working on top of what's there?

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:45 am

Looks like Halo is coming to Paramount + in 2022.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ2v5eMlcrY
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:38 am

DioramaMaker wrote:Y'all priming or sanding these figs prior to repaints or just working on top of what's there?
I gave series 1 Chief a dark wash without sanding or priming, but that’s it. I’ve repainted some of the Jazwares AEW figures and I only really had to sand the shoulder discs for the paint to adhere. Then again, it depends on the paint.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:48 pm

I found Halo 2 Chief today at Target.
Jazwares put an additional Master Chief in series 4.
It's slightly lighter than the series 3 and the visor is very shiny and for the weapons comes with MA40 assault rifle and the plasma pistol.
Jun and Yoroi were not on the pegs.
Edit, also got Enigma as well.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:55 am

I decided to open my Noble Team members besides Kat who was already opened. Noble 6’s helmet is a lighter color than the rest of his armor. Is it supposed to be this way? I don’t remember it being a lighter color. May have to paint it. May also have to paint Jun’s scarf as I think it should be a different color than his armor.

This line is such a mixed bag. Figures look good. The inconsistent vacu/painted visors is a turnoff. The torso articulation almost never works well if at all. Guns continue to be soft. And maybe a bit undersized although weapon size inconsistency is probably just inherent in the world (are they sized for Marines or Spartans?).

Darthgaar
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:56 am

Apparently the ankle pivot is orientated vertically on both Halo 2 Master Chief and Yoroi making it useless, Jun has a more horizontal peg so has better ankle pivot (I think it's reuse from the MKV figures). Not sure about Enigma though, most Youtube reviewers skip over points of articulation or their complete range of movement, but I think Enigma reuses the MKVII lower legs so there should be good ankle pivot on him.

I just don't get why they changed the arrangement of the ankle pivot, don't they understand how it'll affect ankle pivot and how useful that articulation point is in wide stances? But at least the toes are hinged!

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”