Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
wesitron
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Slaker wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:33 am
I've still never seen any of wave 3 at retail or in stock online. Gonna need Noble 6 at the very least, hoping to not have to turn to ebay.
Hey I went back to that GS and Noble Six was still there so I picked it up. If you want it, shoot me a PM and I can ship it to you. If not, no big deal. I’ve got the receipt.
User avatar
Slaker
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 510
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:21 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:43 pm

wesitron wrote:
Slaker wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:33 am
I've still never seen any of wave 3 at retail or in stock online. Gonna need Noble 6 at the very least, hoping to not have to turn to ebay.
Hey I went back to that GS and Noble Six was still there so I picked it up. If you want it, shoot me a PM and I can ship it to you. If not, no big deal. I’ve got the receipt.
That's fantastic, thank you! I did stop by a couple of gamestops, one only had the orange guy and when I asked the employee he said he was confused too, he was the one that stocked them and the shipment they received only had orange. The second got the full wave but Palmer and 6 had been bought up.
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:49 am

Walked into my Canadian GameStop to find the whole set of Series 3. My first dip into it, as I mainly wanted Palmer and Noble Six, but I'm a sucker for battle damage so Chief found a new home.

Now I want the two pack.
User avatar
DioramaMaker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1240
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:36 am

Man this line must be mostly dud for Jazwares. Don't see many folks talking about it, most of the figures are sitting around the stores I see them at, with a few exceptions. Even the "rare" figures of the line show up far more often than I'd expect. Very few online stores are selling them. Perhaps it's because the 3.75" line is a better value per se? I think a big part comes from the fact the line hasn't expanded beyond Spartans. I get that's the namesake of the line but if this had more variety, it'd probably catch the eye of a greater audience.
User avatar
FirstPick
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:16 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:09 am

DioramaMaker wrote:Man this line must be mostly dud for Jazwares. Don't see many folks talking about it, most of the figures are sitting around the stores I see them at, with a few exceptions. Even the "rare" figures of the line show up far more often than I'd expect. Very few online stores are selling them. Perhaps it's because the 3.75" line is a better value per se? I think a big part comes from the fact the line hasn't expanded beyond Spartans. I get that's the namesake of the line but if this had more variety, it'd probably catch the eye of a greater audience.
Remember, the new game hasn't come out yet. If it hits, the figures will fly off the shelf for Christmas and afterwards.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1119
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:40 am

I've always felt like Jazwares lines were duds, but they have a devoted following, so they might just have great logistics.

The Fortnite line and Halo line fluctuates around me, and the really in demand characters are often available, but never pegwarming. And once they're gone, they're gone.

Not really my scene, but I have a friend who chases FN Jazwares all over town for custom work.
User avatar
crosshair
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:17 pm

Anyone in here playing Halo: Infinite and still have the little cards that came with the series 1 figures? I had held onto them, but I don't remember if there was ever an official post about what was unlocked for these vs the Halo Worlds 4 inch figures.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:49 am

Image

Image

Wrecker makes for a good spartan or just a cool space marine?....Need to try a repaint of the helmet. Came out too dark the first time
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:39 am

Image
safe fonts

Image
copy and paste letters

Did a repaint. I think the Star Wars bad batch wrecker makes for a great ODST custom figure.... I wish Jazwares still used the vac metal face plates for the halo figures....also finally found a use for the GI Joe classified nerf guns (slightly modified)...and for the love of god Jazwares, please fix the awful knee articulation on the spartans. The knees look like crap!
User avatar
Darthgaar
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: KC Missouri
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 3:37 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 am

The Spartan collection has a lot of issues.
I agree with you on the poorly designed knee articulation. They did redesign the knees but they didn't improve on them, they still make the legs look like they have a third segment in between the upper and lower legs when bent. It just makes them look weird when the legs are bent so I never pose mine in any crouched poses.
The torso articulation is also badly designed, they can't even swivel the upper & Lower torsos. The twisting movement of the torso is essential for action poses because that's where action movement originates from. it adds a sense of life to a pose. The articulation point is there on the figures, but only works on a few.
The arms could also be improved, on some figures the lower arms can't swivel in front of the chest because the bicep sculpt collides with the chest armor so the figures have a hard time shouldering and sighting down a rifle. This is one instance where a swivel at the top of the elbow / at the bottom of the upper arm would be more helpful than having it at the bottom of the deltoid (mid upper arm). Maybe there's something else that could be done to fix the issue?
And then there are the wrists; Jazwares gave some of their World of Halo figures up & down wrist joints at the beginning which is what these gun shooting figures need but for some reason, they continue to use the in & out wrist joints on the Spartan Collection. A swivel/ hinge/ swivel wrist joint would be the best solution as long as they give every hand a wrist joint and not just one or two sets to be shared.
There's some other issues but those are at the top on my list. I can still get good poses with the Spartans, especially the females and the MK V based figures. It just seems that Jazwares keeps producing new waves and the issues really aren't being fully addressed.
DIGITALSELF
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:16 am

Darthgaar wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:05 am
The Spartan collection has a lot of issues.
I agree with you on the poorly designed knee articulation. They did redesign the knees but they didn't improve on them, they still make the legs look like they have a third segment in between the upper and lower legs when bent. It just makes them look weird when the legs are bent so I never pose mine in any crouched poses.
The torso articulation is also badly designed, they can't even swivel the upper & Lower torsos. The twisting movement of the torso is essential for action poses because that's where action movement originates from. it adds a sense of life to a pose. The articulation point is there on the figures, but only works on a few.
The arms could also be improved, on some figures the lower arms can't swivel in front of the chest because the bicep sculpt collides with the chest armor so the figures have a hard time shouldering and sighting down a rifle. This is one instance where a swivel at the top of the elbow / at the bottom of the upper arm would be more helpful than having it at the bottom of the deltoid (mid upper arm). Maybe there's something else that could be done to fix the issue?
And then there are the wrists; Jazwares gave some of their World of Halo figures up & down wrist joints at the beginning which is what these gun shooting figures need but for some reason, they continue to use the in & out wrist joints on the Spartan Collection. A swivel/ hinge/ swivel wrist joint would be the best solution as long as they give every hand a wrist joint and not just one or two sets to be shared.
There's some other issues but those are at the top on my list. I can still get good poses with the Spartans, especially the females and the MK V based figures. It just seems that Jazwares keeps producing new waves and the issues really aren't being fully addressed.
Agree with everything you said. It's a shame that these figures aren't all that they could be.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7339
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:04 am

Saw on Instagram that Wave 4 is out!

Also, Jazwares doesn’t really fix issues in my experience once a line has gotten going. They never addressed any of the criticisms in the 6” Fortnite line, so I wouldn’t expect them to address any here.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 7339
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:19 pm

Just saw Enigma from Wave 4 on the pegs at Target, no one else. Got a feeling he will be this wave’s pegwarmer, doesnt seem too interesting.

Edit: Hit up a second Target, found the entire wave! The Yoroi armor is incredible looking.
User avatar
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 19135
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:48 am

Re: Jazwares Halo 6.5

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:49 am

User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 10490
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Jazwares Halo 6.5" Figures

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:07 pm

The Yoroi armor sure looks nice. But the figure is kinda disappointing in hand. Super gummy. Especially the knees, which look awful when bent. Sword is gummy too. Torso articulation is limited...hey line consistency! Trying to move the torso has caused paint rub on the abs. You would think after this many waves, they’d start to fix issues with the line. Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”