Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat

Thu May 26, 2022 3:32 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:I'm really liking this Liu so much that I'm actually considering buying him. And I do not really collect any MK anymore, sold most of my Storm (just left UMK3 Scorpion). Just an all around impressive figure 2 pack.
panther10 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:21 pm
Woof…Now I have to make a decision because while Liu Kang isn’t my favorite character in Mortal Kombat, he’s usually the hero of the story. And it’s clear that Storm wants to put a premium on him because of that fact. But I don’t know if I want to put all of my chips on high dollar MK figures this year because I’m putting all my chips on Spawn and Mezco for the moment. Even Hasbro and Neca are taking a nap in the backseat to these two companies this year. And it might stay like this for awhile. Especially when it comes to spawn figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like with most SC, I feel like it's better to preorder and then later on sell it if you don't want to keep the figure than buying it second hand. After makert prices for 99% of Storm figs either don't change or go up a lot, it's very rare for any of them to loose value.
I’m gonna hedge my bets and wait for a BBTS exclusive. Maybe it will come without the dragon. But I’m not spending $300 just to force myself to either pay upfront for something I don’t need, or to have to pay a deposit now and then have to wait for these pieces from BBTS, who could conceivably take so long to get them that by the time my figures arrive, everyone who needs a dragon second hand probably already has one and then I’m stuck.

mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Re: Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat

Sun May 29, 2022 11:12 am

:( i wouldn't have kintaro i got tricked by an ebay china seller on preorder since november beware of this seller hzz04
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 5:53 pm

mimosa77 wrote::( i wouldn't have kintaro i got tricked by an ebay china seller on preorder since november beware of this seller hzz04
Your first mistake was paying for a preorder on eBay. You have zero protection from PayPal or eBay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 29, 2022 7:36 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:53 pm
mimosa77 wrote::( i wouldn't have kintaro i got tricked by an ebay china seller on preorder since november beware of this seller hzz04
Your first mistake was paying for a preorder on eBay. You have zero protection from PayPal or eBay.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Yes you are right I have the bad habit of paying in advance all my purchases I have 14 mezco in pre-order and still 7 storm, with toyscollection2012 I never had a problem, I just wanted to warn that this seller is a thief
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 29, 2022 8:29 pm

Man, I actually forgot that some ebay sellers might offer Storms at a nice price. Need to check that.
mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:04 am

finally the seller hzz04 sent me I received my kintaro today it is superb
mimosa77
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:57 pm

liu kang for sale on storm
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:07 pm

Yeah, looks pretty epic. I'm glad that I'm not into their MK figures cause I'd have to drop some serious money on this
https://www.stormco.com.hk/collections/ ... ion-figure
Boggsy1982
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:12 pm

$160 for both Liu and his dragon form is a pretty great price. Set looks amazing and I look forward to picking it up!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Liu Kang and his dragon form look great! Nice to finally get the hero. Seems like a pretty good deal, too.

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:08 am

Kang looks real good but the standout is the Dragon. the problem for me is that the dragon is huge, 12" tall, holy moly! I have no room for 12 inch figures. If it was 8 inches, i would buy it in a heartbeat!

Anybody know the height of Liu kang?
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:30 pm

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/210650

Do I need this BBTS variant Reptile? Nah.

Did I order it because of FOMO knowing it will likely go super up in price when it sells out? Sure did.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:19 am

Just hoping for that mkii(?) subzero preorder now!

MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:39 am

I absolutely love the classic MK2 era MK character designs and think Storm has done an incredible, definitive job with them so far. I begrudgingly sat most of the live out because they’re simply too expensive and because it’s REALLY cost prohibitive to go back and get characters you’ve missed. But I cringe with jealousy every time I see someone’s collection with all the old characters.

Liu, however, has always been my favorite and I can’t pass this up, even though I’d much prefer him without the dragon. I’m hesitant to do a down payment at BBTS, but I also can’t afford a full payment anywhere else. Gotta just suck it up.

This is the Liu Kang I’ve always dreamt of owning since a vague blurb about MK figures appeared in the back of the MK 2 SNES manual. They also gave me my dream Ryu last year with the SSF2 Turbo version. So I’m forever in their debt.

My only complaint is that, for the price, they could’ve done a head with shorter MK2 style hair rather than the longer, MK3 look.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”