Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:33 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:11 pm
Man... the wait continues for Kitana, Milena and Liu Kang's dragon form. Those are the things I want desperately. They showed off the gray-scale prototypes for all of those more than 4 years ago (the same time as Cyrax and Baraka) - colored protos 3 years ago... and still no hint of actual release of those guys. I've been waiting patiently as those are figures I really want. Unfortunately the price tag has probably doubled since they were first shown in 2017.
Kitana/Milena weren't good looking prototypes. They had that hip billowing issue that Chun-Li had with her overlay. I think Storm has a better grasp on female construction now so I would happily see them toss those old prototypes away and make brand new ones that utilize their advancements and knowledge. It's one thing to still want the characters themselves, but it's beyond insane to still want those old prototype mistakes at today's prices.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 am

jimbles wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:33 pm
Kitana/Milena weren't good looking prototypes. They had that hip billowing issue that Chun-Li had with her overlay. I think Storm has a better grasp on female construction now so I would happily see them toss those old prototypes away and make brand new ones that utilize their advancements and knowledge. It's one thing to still want the characters themselves, but it's beyond insane to still want those old prototype mistakes at today's prices.
Fair enough. I want figures of those characters - that's what I want. I would have accepted what they showed initially, but you're right, for the current high price I'd prefer better execution. Maybe it's the engineering on them that's the reason they were never solicited. But I hate when I get teased with figures I want that they won't let me buy.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:02 am

Liu Kang is also a huge improvement over the prototype shown years ago:

So yea, I’ll take a longer wait if it means a much better figure like we are getting with Liu Kang.

Nobody else is doing these figures this good (I gave up on McFarlane’s line awhile ago for the most part), and I don’t see anyone in the future grabbing this line and putting out stuff this high-quality. If we only get one shot at a true high-quality Kitana and Mileena, I’m down waiting.

There is no doubt in my mind we will get them. The repaint potential is too high - Kitana, Mileena, Jade, all from one mold. Make some small changes and boom, MK 3 versions. SDCC Mileena with unmasked face I could see happening. It would be too easy for them to milk, but in order to get our money 6+ times, the base has to be REALLY good.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:11 am

I honestly thought the protos for Kitana and Mileena looked fine, but yeah. Definitely not up to the standards of the line, especially taking the recent price increases into account. I don't mind waiting since this line is definitely the most expensive one I currently collect. The less stuff I want on preorder, the better. Gives me a chance to collect the other lines I like.
BrigsbyBear
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:11 am

september_death wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:03 pm
PantherCult wrote:Man... the wait continues for Kitana, Milena and Liu Kang's dragon form. Those are the things I want desperately. They showed off the gray-scale prototypes for all of those more than 4 years ago (the same time as Cyrax and Baraka) - colored protos 3 years ago... and still no hint of actual release of those guys. I've been waiting patiently as those are figures I really want. Unfortunately the price tag has probably doubled since they were first shown in 2017.
And these never go on sale. I was hoping to see maybe $10 off Motaro at BBTS over the weekend, but nothing. I need to get him and Kung Lao still.
Keep him saved in your Amazon cart. Motaro dropped down to $87 for a few days as a flash sale.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 am

So my Kung Lao arrived earlier this week and MK3 Reptile should be here by Monday. After this Kintoro is all that remains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThunderChunky2432
Here comes a new challenger!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:36 pm

panther10 wrote:So my Kung Lao arrived earlier this week and MK3 Reptile should be here by Monday. After this Kintoro is all that remains.

Where did you order Reptile from? Directly from Storm?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:00 am

ThunderChunky2432 wrote:
panther10 wrote:So my Kung Lao arrived earlier this week and MK3 Reptile should be here by Monday. After this Kintoro is all that remains.

Where did you order Reptile from? Directly from Storm?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Yup. It was supposed to come today but UPS never even attempted to drop it off at my doorstep. It just sat in the back of their truck all day. What an absolute bummer….

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”