Jada Toys Street Fighter Line!

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Jead
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Jada Toys Street Fighter Line!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:54 pm

I think the Ken head looks great for an SF2 Ken, but certainly Alpha Ken would instantly replace it as my main Ken whenever they get to that variant.
Merso
Super Poseable

Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Ken looks awesome, though there is a softness to everyone's face sculpts (especially noticeable on nose and lips) that remind me of Bandai's Thundercats classic line, which worries me a liiittle bit.

I think Dhalsim's head is based ion this Illustration:

He also has that expression in the original game during some of his attack animations.
mattmurdog wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:03 am
What I'm not feeling with this new reveal is Bison. He's more alpha style thicc than the distinguished dictator from world warriors that was skinnier and more sleek. Really disappointing actually as an og bison has never been done before.

Does anyone know if there were any new reveals for series 1? Still waiting to see Ryu's calm face
That's what I thought at first, but I suspect he'll lose that thickness when the cape is detached. He's not quite as thick as in SFA.

Also really need to see Ryu's calm face.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:06 pm

Personally I'm not gonna display him with a cape. I know he has the cape in the pre-fight animation, but my mind's idea of him is during the fights

edit: I just looked it up, I guess he does leave the cape on during fights in newer games:

But still, in my mind, when I think of Bison I think of the old school games where he wasn't wearing a cape during fights:
SuperWeirdo
HULK SMASH!

Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:46 pm

These look super dope.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:50 am

Agreed that the sculpts all look kind of soft. The Bandai Thundercats is a great comparison. Same with maybe Super7's Disney stuff. I hope Jada addresses some of these early concerns.
PurpleLantern
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:40 am

Not quite digging the Ken face and hair. Doesn't capture the super good Japanese art.
GodParticle
Super Poseable

Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:41 am

I think ken looks great. The first set they revealed didn't have very good face sculpts, but these look a bit better. Might jump on this line since they will probably finish long before storm ever does(if at all)
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:25 pm

Interested to see a better look at Dhalsim's arm.

I'd definitely rather have straight stretchy pieces for him, not curved.
Merso
Super Poseable

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:53 pm

New interview, go to minute 26 for wave 2 talk

https://youtu.be/v583SVlDogk

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:56 pm

Here’s some info from Juhn from Jada Toys appearance on the Toymigos They’re Not Dolls livestream from yesterday.

- $25usd per figure like wave 1
- bison has a removable wired cape
- dhalsim has swappable bendy arms and bendy legs but no yoga flame. He said maybe down the line if they do player 2 colors they’ll include it
- all figs come with 2 head, 2 sets of hands
- ken comes with a fireball
- bison comes with a psycho power that fits over his arm
- all figs will be pinless when they’re released.
- preorders for wave 1 will go up within the first 2 months of 2023 (they’re a bit behind currently).
- waves 1 and 2 to be released in 2023, wave 3 will be solicited at sdcc’23

He showed them all off in hand on the livestream if you guys wanna check it out. They go over all the mega man stuff too. Def worth the watch if you’re interested in either line…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:04 pm

matchu778 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:56 pm
Here’s some info from Juhn from Jada Toys appearance on the Toymigos They’re Not Dolls livestream from yesterday.

- $25usd per figure like wave 1
- bison has a removable wired cape
- dhalsim has swappable bendy arms and bendy legs but no yoga flame. He said maybe down the line if they do player 2 colors they’ll include it
- all figs come with 2 head, 2 sets of hands
- ken comes with a fireball
- bison comes with a psycho power that fits over his arm
- all figs will be pinless when they’re released.
- preorders for wave 1 will go up within the first 2 months of 2023 (they’re a bit behind currently).
- waves 1 and 2 to be released in 2023, wave 3 will be solicited at sdcc’23

He showed them all off in hand on the livestream if you guys wanna check it out. They go over all the mega man stuff too. Def worth the watch if you’re interested in either line…

To add to this, all 9 figures will be shown at SDCC 2023, but Juhn also said that there would be more shown that are releases outside of the waves of three. Also mentioned that accessory packs are a possibility, but we could see alt heads, hands, and effects included as P2 releases. Nothing confirmed. Also, larger figures will be a higher price point, but appropriately sized.

Just spitballing, but I'm guessing it's the extra shown at SDCC is some sort of stage dio / backdrop. Alternatively, some sort of crossover figures amongst the Capcom licenses. Stryder Ryu, Captain Commando, or MvC Megaman or Zero.

Also, one thing I hadn't considered is that the SFII roster has repeatedly been mentioned as a 16 character roster, but that does not include Akuma or the Evil variants. Both those were mentioned in the stream and acknowledged that it would be cool to get, but the focus on the 16 character roster might mean we don't see him as soon as we could (or I would expect based on parts resuse and popularity).

I'm probably more excited for these than anything else on the horizon.
inevitabledeth
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:30 pm

This is officially my first post on here, and I must say I am very excited for these. The seemingly perfect balance of engineering and affordability are enticing to someone like myself who struggles to collect full sets of any fighting game-related figures. All of the great things I am hearing and seeing from Juhn is enough for me to support the entire line from day 1.

That being said, with the information we have gathered, this is my prediction for the releases (not counting 2P variant waves which will most likely be sprinkled in between if not released simultaneously with 1P like SOTA did)
Keep in mind, Ultra Street Fighter 2's roster is actually 20 as opposed to SSF2T's 17 if you include Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, and the secret character Shin Akuma (purple gi)

Series 1
(Confirmed; 2 World Warriors + 1 New Challenger)

Ryu
Chun Li
Fei Long

Series 2
(Confirmed; 2 World Warriors + 1 Boss)

Ken
M. Bison
Dhalsim

Series 3
(Prediction; 2 World Warriors + 1 New Challenger)

Guile
Blanka
Dee Jay

Series 4
(Prediction; remainder of non-deluxe SSF2 roster)

Cammy
Sagat
Balrog

Series 5
(Prediction; remainder of SSF2T & base USF2 roster)

Akuma
Evil Ryu
Violent Ken

Deluxe figures
(Predictions; waves of two or individual releases)

Zangief
E. Honda
(Somewhere between wave 2 and 3 to finish the World Warriors)

Vega
T. Hawk
(Somewhere between wave 4 and 5 to finish the bosses and New Challengers)

Exclusive (Assuming he is acknowledged)

Shin Akuma
(To officially complete USF2's roster and as a sort of commemorative piece to celebrate the line's official completion; would love for this to have translucent hair and eyes like Resaurus Akuma!)

Regardless of the actual line up, I am definitely looking forward to future reveals and hands-on demonstrations.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:01 am

This line gets better and better to a point where I feel it's all vaporware. It's just to good to be true. Sim coming with all 4 stretchy limbs is wild. The alternative bison head like good, and the range of articulation is very welcoming. I was wondering about his uniform getting in the way of good leg articulation but those fears have been squashed.

Not sure how it'd be possible but would love a psycho crushed effect that I can wrap around him

Ken coming with a fireball is cool too. I hope it looks different than Ryu's. His flame effects can be reserved for P2. Maybe we even get the beaten up portrait head there? It seems they are definitely sampling the select screen art.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:50 pm

This is all sounding real good. Getting the 16 done is long over due. Despite that , I’m pretty sure we’ll see Gouki and evil variants by next year. Anything beyond that is just icing on the cake for me which I will wholeheartedly support. I’m not sure I’ll want to get P2 colors but from the sound of things, I might based on the different accessories that go along with them.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:32 pm

Welp, some of those, if not all besides power effect, will not be swappable between P1 and P2 figures without some painting due to different costume/hair/skin colors.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”