Jada Toys Street Fighter Line!

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Jada Toys Street Fighter Line!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:36 pm

You can play with Storms just fine, they're very sturdy.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:54 am

Oh I know they are. It’s just my thing when action figures start reaching that 70+ dollar mark that I tend to touch them less and I treat them more like statues. It’s an unrealistic fear. Like the fear of the oil from my hands will snub some of the paint on the figures or some stuff. My mind tells me to back off touching the more expensive figures but it’s ok to mess up a 20 or 30 dollar figure. Lol.
PurpleLantern
Super Poseable

Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:55 am

TMNT Ryu looks like he pulls his pants up too high.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:32 pm

At one of my physicals a year or so back, I was told that human beings' waist is at their belly button. We all wear our pants at our hips & call that our waist.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:42 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Oh I know they are. It’s just my thing when action figures start reaching that 70+ dollar mark that I tend to touch them less and I treat them more like statues. It’s an unrealistic fear. Like the fear of the oil from my hands will snub some of the paint on the figures or some stuff. My mind tells me to back off touching the more expensive figures but it’s ok to mess up a 20 or 30 dollar figure. Lol.
It's not just you, I have the same fear. I'd rather have a fidget toy that's $20 and mass market than a higher end collectible whether it's a SH Figuarts or Storm (which I actually don't have any)
thefamousnicknaro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:10 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
It's not just you, I have the same fear. I'd rather have a fidget toy that's $20 and mass market than a higher end collectible whether it's a SH Figuarts or Storm (which I actually don't have any)
The price is one aspect for sure, but a lot of times for me it’s more “how easily replaceable is this?” Like, in my case, I tend not to mess with my NECA Turtles stuff as much as I’d like because not all of it is easy to get ahold of again. At least not without spending a ton on the secondary market.
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:18 am

Here's some shots from Jada's Twitter account from like the end of July. I hadn't seen them yet. Really can't wait for these.

Also, here's some screen shots from a Playmates TMNT vs Street Fighter review by 5POA figure reviews.

https://youtu.be/_8Yzj3J-N3E

They actually look decent, but no extra hands or heads.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Jead
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:33 am

Yeah, I can definitely say I'm waiting on Jada haha
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:50 am

dont like the playmates Ryu, looks too simple. Ill stick with my Neca version. gotta see more pics of the Jada version though. PLaymates had a good idea but bad execution.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:47 pm

I realize they're just prototypes or whatever, but the Jada figures look really good to me. I'd say even better than the Storm. I always thought the Storm Ryu and Ken looked too thick because of the way they did their tops.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:45 pm

No extra heads is a bummer.

No extra hands is criminal.
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:48 pm

These do come with alt hands and power effects. Can’t recall if we get alt heads too but I think we do (sorry my memory is shit). They went through all of this on the Toymigos They’re Not Dolls episode that the guy from Jada Toys was on. Def worth a watch if you’re wanting to see the figures in action. Looks like the articulation is awesome and they can hit some mean poses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:03 pm

Ah, then perhaps GUTS was talking about the Playmates ones, which isn't shocking in the slightest.

GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:24 pm

TENIME_art wrote:Ah, then perhaps GUTS was talking about the Playmates ones, which isn't shocking in the slightest.

Yep, those were the TMNT vs Street Fighter ones I was referring to. The Jada ones will have alt heads, hands and an energy effect I believe.

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:59 pm

If there's any advice for Jada, they need to paint their eyes smaller to make them look less cartoony and cheap. Their monsters line kind of suffers from that and really hurts the amazing sculpt.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”