Hasbro Fortnite Figures....?

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Matthew K
nah, pass
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Hasbro Fortnite Figures....?

Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:59 am

He reminds me of the Kondor figure in that way.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:06 am

Matthew K wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:59 am
He reminds me of the Kondor figure in that way.
Exactly.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:49 pm

I have to admit to being underwhelmed by most of the Hasbro Fortnite figures produced to date. Most of the male figures are either extremely slight in stature or have enormous torsos with itty-bitty legs that I just don't like. I cherry pick the Fortnite looks in my collection - so thus far it's been easy to pass on almost everything Hasbro has offered (Lynx, Metalmouth and Ripley being exceptions). That Brutus figure would have been fantastic with normal sized legs.

But this most recent round of reveals has me considering picking up all of them. Aerial Assault Trooper looks like he'll be a decent fit with my Classified figures - Metal Mouth is already mingling with the Cobra troops. TNTina just looks fun. And Punk is a solid Pumpkin headed themed dude who can back up Jack O Lantern on my Spidey Villains shelf. But this is the first wave of these where I am actively considering buying all of them.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 am

Punk’s torso is sooo long. I guess wearing a somewhat long coat makes you taller? Maybe the figure is misassembled. Just looks so wrong.

I like the glider version of TNTina better. The red pops more.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:44 pm

Apparently the skin for Punk has him wearing his pants down low, but since the figure is not wearing soft goods, Hasbro had to put the articulation where they could. Which means it looks like a really long torso and stubby legs.
It sort of works as a scarecrow come to life, but I'm going to wait to see if I spot him in store before I decide on it completely.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:47 pm

I have really gotten into this line and mixing it up with the Jazzwares line - I don't know much of anything about the game itself, I just find the absurdist designs a lot of fun, so not getting any of the commando/real type characters. Currently I have built an assortment of 3-5 member factions and hope that some characters get made to fill those in - I spent a good couple of hours looking at pages of released skins online to see who else might be a good match for my factions.
  • Bananas - Peely, Agent Peely, Ghost Agent Peely, and the P-1000 (probably will not add Potasius Peely)
    Fast Food - The Brat, Tomato Head and Beef Boss - hoping that one of the Tacos - either Guaco or Lada (preferably Lada, the female version) - and Lil Whip get made.
    Water - Leviathan, Fishsticks, Rippley and the shark - will add Sludge and the boat, would like a Jelly figure.
    Cats - Meowscles, Lynx (Red), Kit, and Doggo (I view Doggo as the sidekick in this group)
    Stealth Cats - Meowscles, Lynx, Kit in Stealth mode, and I hope they make Azuki
    Christmas - Slushy Soldier (who will be using the snowboard Hasbro made) and Crackshot - hoping for Globe Shaker and Merry Marauder (either male or female, but preferably female)
    Gamer Girl's Toy Aisle team - Llamacorn and the Llamacorn Glider, Cluck and the only true human out of all of them Skye with Ollie. Need a Cuddle Team Leader, and would be happy to get Fabio Sparklemane
    Special Forces - Mancake and Bush Ranger, so far. I may get a couple more Bush Rangers, although I am hoping they repaint and release in spring and fall foliage.
Anyone else have factions they are building, or want to see?
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:17 am

I didn't see this mentioned any where Sludge and Lexa (Mechafusion) are in stock at EE.
dcucfan
CROM!

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:36 am

Fortnite boat arrived from Amazon today. I definitely feel like I overpaid, but also kind of love it? Will def pick up another if it gets marked down, though no idea where I’ll put this one, let alone two. Plan to give this one to Mezco Nemo’s crew if and when they ever get released.
sandman21xxi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 pm

It's a shame Potassius is so small, they should've made him a deluxe in proper sizing.. then add more expressions/hands (thumbs down). As far as I know he's not that short in the game, but we don't have the skin to compare in a game lobby. In animations I've seen of Regular Pelly with Jonesy, usually his eyes do line up with Jonesy's head. Unless Fortnite actually made Potassius shorter than regular Peelies.

They've been doing such a good job with the line, I hope Hasbro is not shortchanging a character like Peely who's pretty much a co-"face" of the game with Jonesy, even if it's the Potassius version!
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:25 am

sandman21xxi wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:20 pm
They've been doing such a good job with the line, I hope Hasbro is not shortchanging a character like Peely who's pretty much a co-"face" of the game with Jonesy, even if it's the Potassius version!
they gave it single elbows. kinda says it all
Valo487
CROM!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:47 am

Dude just shows up. Guy’s a menace.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:36 pm

I don't know about any Fortnite figure until Robo announces them, and he always says he didn't know about them prior to that, lol.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:10 am

Man... I don't play Fortnite and don't closely follow the line - but I love cool 6 inch action figures and that Menace figure looks great. Definitely going to have to look for him to add to the shelf somewhere.
Valo487
CROM!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:59 am

Agent Jones and Sgt. Winter (Santa with Muscles) are the last two names to leak out from the next wave but we haven’t seen yet, supposedly there are some color swapped versions and I think Mave was also rumored, but we’re mostly caught up on everything that has been found listed anywhere.
Ultramane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:30 am

menace being $40 is truly insane. i don't think any company currently in the aisle offers a worse bang for your buck than hasbro

does anyone else generally have trouble finding this line? ive seen wave 2 at one store ever and everywhere else is wave 1 still hanging around

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”