McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:36 pm

What?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FL
Posts: 2993
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:07 am

Im just messing around
Merso
Super Poseable
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:34 am

seditionary wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 am
I was thinking id desperately want to replace him with a more classic look but i might be good with this version.

I was on the same boat as you... for about 20 minutes. And then:

Image
User avatar
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FL
Posts: 2993
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:13 am

I like what you did with the vest and face
how did you take off the paint on the chest?
Merso
Super Poseable
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:40 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:57 am

Night Wolf wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:13 am
I like what you did with the vest and face
how did you take off the paint on the chest?
Thanks. I initially tried removing the war paint with nail polish remover, but it was too tedious of a process so in the end I opted to paint over it. It was a bit tricky to get the right color mixture but I got a good match in the end.
User avatar
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Cafebar Read
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:25 pm

Merso wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:34 am
seditionary wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 am
I was thinking id desperately want to replace him with a more classic look but i might be good with this version.

I was on the same boat as you... for about 20 minutes. And then:

Image
Nicely done. I'll have to do something like that.
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:17 pm

That looks pretty neat! Well done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:23 am

Noob as the Batman who laughs
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:25 am

Kabal rapid red version
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:54 am

Shadow of spawn aka classic spawn
Image
User avatar
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Poland
Posts: 7720
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:07 pm

Very cool.
User avatar
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: NYC
Posts: 3470
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:51 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Yeah dude. That spawn is super good. I do wish there was more regular roster but spawn and bwl look friggin sweet and im sure will sell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Seriously..who the %$#*& ate my lunch?!?!?
Posts: 10384
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:44 pm

McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:07 pm

NEW BATMAN wrote:Shadow of spawn aka classic spawn
Image
Eh semi classic. It still has the incorrect big boot and gauntlet. There is a way in the base game to remove those gear pieces to have the complete classic costume but you have to earn them in the classic tower matches. However I suspect that McFarlane Toys intends to save that release for their Spawn universe toyline. It’s too easy to not make the attempt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Logan622
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 682
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 pm

M symbol looks a little too low on his chest… looks like he’s wearing a ladies one-piece (try to unsee that now)

Other than that (and the obvious fact that the black parts are actually supposed to be a dark blue), solid offering
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 4215
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:48 pm

panther10 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:07 pm
NEW BATMAN wrote:Shadow of spawn aka classic spawn
Image
Eh semi classic. It still has the incorrect big boot and gauntlet. There is a way in the base game to remove those gear pieces to have the complete classic costume but you have to earn them in the classic tower matches. However I suspect that McFarlane Toys intends to save that release for their Spawn universe toyline. It’s too easy to not make the attempt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
true this is the full classic look.
Image

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”