McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm

I don't have an issue with these guest characters or the repaints but no new MK character sculpt in this wave is just WTF?
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:52 pm

Deckard wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm
I don't have an issue with these guest characters or the repaints but no new MK character sculpt in this wave is just WTF?
It’s riding on fumes.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:00 am

Well, looks like I'm done with this line. There are so many actual MK characters MacFarlane could do but just don't want to or doesn't want to take the chance.
If Jada toys can get the Street Fighter license even though it is being done by Storm Collectibles then hopefully Street Fighter does well for them and they can go after the Mortal Kombat license in a few years.
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:43 pm

drkknght64 wrote:
Well, looks like I'm done with this line. There are so many actual MK characters MacFarlane could do but just don't want to or doesn't want to take the chance.
If Jada toys can get the Street Fighter license even though it is being done by Storm Collectibles then hopefully Street Fighter does well for them and they can go after the Mortal Kombat license in a few years.
I DO like the MK line. What we have gotten is quite good. Shao Kahn, Kotal, Noob, Kabal, Nightwolf, Raiden… all great.

But as you said, the roster is HUGE, and it has been decades since we got a good Mileena, Sonya, or Jax. Classic characters like Sindel, Sheeva, and Shang Tsung are even rarer. And we haven’t gotten anything for the new crew like Cassie, Erron, D’vorah, or Geras.

I could go on. It’s disappointing, but MK11 came out in 2019 and even its own devs stopped supporting it awhile back. The fanbase is obviously still here, but I think we can start assuming it’s just repaints and Batman and Spawn figures to close it out.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:12 am

They have the movie license too, right? Maybe we’ll at least see some movie stuff as the sequel comes closer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:51 pm

Garlador wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
I DO like the MK line. What we have gotten is quite good. Shao Kahn, Kotal, Noob, Kabal, Nightwolf, Raiden… all great.

But as you said, the roster is HUGE, and it has been decades since we got a good Mileena, Sonya, or Jax. Classic characters like Sindel, Sheeva, and Shang Tsung are even rarer. And we haven’t gotten anything for the new crew like Cassie, Erron, D’vorah, or Geras.

I could go on. It’s disappointing, but MK11 came out in 2019 and even its own devs stopped supporting it awhile back. The fanbase is obviously still here, but I think we can start assuming it’s just repaints and Batman and Spawn figures to close it out.
Seriously. All of those characters. Ignored.

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:04 pm

Hey, at least this line brought us 20 Spawns and Joker #8 instead.

The awful character selection will forever be a missed opportunity. Would have been rad for all the Spawns to show up in his actual Spawn line, and for MK to focus on non-guest characters.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:48 pm

I personally like this line. Todd did a great job. he even improved some re-releases.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:39 am

I like it too. I just wish it had more releases and more of the new sculpts going to new characters. But even then, im probably gonna get 1/3 of the last leaked list.

BigZ
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:06 am

Todd doing what Todd does with this line - not giving a rats ass about it.

But hey, suckers still end up buying the countless variants of spawn so it validates his belief that he doesn't need to go deep.

stupid.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:54 pm

I just want them to do a Kano, Kabal in human colors, Johnny Cage with actual fists/chop hands and the older versions of Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

They'll probably do a few more Spawns/Jokers, but it's worth it. :lol:
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:10 pm

kantboy2 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:54 pm
I just want them to do a Kano, Kabal in human colors, Johnny Cage with actual fists/chop hands and the older versions of Scorpion/Sub-Zero.

They'll probably do a few more Spawns/Jokers, but it's worth it. :lol:
If they did Kano, Sonya and Shang Tsung I'd be pretty happy.

Kabal in human colors, the white/blue outfit Raiden wore through 90% of story mode, and Fire God Liu Kang would be icing on the cake.
Nik
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:40 pm

seditionary wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:12 am
They have the movie license too, right? Maybe we’ll at least see some movie stuff as the sequel comes closer

Never saw the new movie, but I would kill a god to get some figures from the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie. Robin Shou, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Talisa Soto and Linden Ashby can't be that hard to get likeness rights for. Bridgette Wilson and Christopher Lambert might be a little tougher. Give me a Goro Megafig, Kano and the 3 Ninjas that didn't Kick Back, Knuckle Up or spend High Noon at Mega Mountain.

I mean, I'm a big enough fan of MK95 that I would want an Art Lean figure as well, but I am aware that I am very alone in that.

I want some MK toys, but I think the MK11 designs stink to high heaven. Still waiting on someone to make classic versions without having to spend a c-note on Storm Collectibles' BS.
seditionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 am

Opened up nightwolf today. I actually really like this figure and design. I was thinking id desperately want to replace him with a more classic look but i might be good with this version. Great paint, great accessories. Pretty solid arch backwards in the torso too. I wouldn’t mind a revenant repaint down the line either

Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:41 am

seditionary wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:17 am
Opened up nightwolf today.

Thats what the ladies say about me at nite...

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”