McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: McFarlane Mortal Kombat

Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:06 am

After watching dhunter's review I'm convinced that I should buy Kabal, great looking figure and I really like that character design as well, plus his swords aren't oversized and silly looking like some other McF accessories.

Gonna skip Noob, though. As much as I see how good a toy that is, I just never saw Noob Saibot in that design, blah.
Louisgod
CROM!

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:06 am
Gonna skip Noob, though. As much as I see how good a toy that is, I just never saw Noob Saibot in that design, blah.
I agree but I got both Noob and Kabal in the mail from Amazon the other day and have to say Noob is a wonderful figure though I want to see him and all the other ninjas in their MK2 or Ultimate MK3 costumes. BUT, if we don't, this may be the only Noob figure we get, which means there may be some extreme buyer's regret a year or so from now when prices inevitably increase. I already have extreme regrets with not picking up the original Sub-Zero and Scorpion figures, which are now going for obscene prices.
Brandon the Wizard
Customized

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:17 am

VADtoys wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 am
What are everyones biggest wants? Personally I'm dying for Shang Tsung and Kano.
I'm really sorry for bringing back up a two month old post (I've been away for a while), but I hope that Todd McFarlane can find a way to do Klassic Mortal Kombat. Something more retail friendly in contrast to Storm Collectibles. I would love to get Raiden, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero in their MK2 looks.

Those are my wants.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:03 am

Brandon the Wizard wrote:
VADtoys wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 am
What are everyones biggest wants? Personally I'm dying for Shang Tsung and Kano.
I'm really sorry for bringing back up a two month old post (I've been away for a while), but I hope that Todd McFarlane can find a way to do Klassic Mortal Kombat. Something more retail friendly in contrast to Storm Collectibles. I would love to get Raiden, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sub-Zero in their MK2 looks.

Those are my wants.
Seconded.
But add in Mileena and Kitana as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:44 pm

Kano is my most wanted figure.

Give him 2 knives and a beer bottle, please! :lol:
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 am

Apparently there is a Platinum Edition Noob Saibot in all gold.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 am

If you are into the bloody variants, Gamestop has the bloody variant Noob Saibot in stock. I just grabbed one and the new deluxe Mandarin Spawn.
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm

They also have regular Noob and Kabal instock as I just ordered them! Thanks for posting about the bloody variant.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Sure wish Mortal Kombat characters got this kind of attention in that Mortal Kombat line.
Ultramane
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:53 am

you mean like subzero and scorpion have?
VonDoom62
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:00 am

Ultramane wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:53 am
you mean like subzero and scorpion have?
Yeah, because countless repaints are equal to a variant that's an actual new costume.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:55 am

Deckard wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:41 pm

Sure wish Mortal Kombat characters got this kind of attention in that Mortal Kombat line.
The complete lack of shading on him bugs me. Makes Malefik look cheap compared to OG MK11 Spawn.
Krunomo
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:14 pm

More Spawn? Really ... i get it McFarlane owns Spawn and he appeared in Mortal Kombat but this is a Mortal Kombat line where one guest character in a roster of 37 accounts for around 1/4 of the releases. He's the only character with multiple sculpts and has several repaints. This will be the 8th Spawn including the 12 inch Commando spawn. He's also one of the only characters to be released with weapon variants (Shao Kahn is the other). The Spawn figures are nice but this line needs more of the OG characters.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:23 pm

The Spawn figure did do exceptionally well at retail, which I'm sure is what led to more, not only the repaints and extra versions but also this Malefik Spawn. I am surprised we haven't at least seen a new version of Sub-Zero and Scorpion though. A Klassic version could lead to endless repaints.
Zorn88
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:39 pm

Would really love it if Todd did a necroplasm accessories pack for Spawn. Still blows my mind that most companies don't capitalize on the consumer desire for multiple accessories.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”