Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:22 pm

Found Crankcase on the way to work this morning.

This wave ain't lookin' so hot so far...

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:39 am

I haven't opened Dead End yet. Is this what I have to look forward to?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:06 pm

My 2 pack Sideswipe has that issue. His back car parts don't wanna line up or stay together at all. It's quite annoying.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:19 am

TENIME_art wrote:

Could you throw a rubber band around it, heat it with a hairdryer then run it under ice water?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:15 am

mattmurdog wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

Could you throw a rubber band around it, heat it with a hairdryer then run it under ice water?
Transformers are made of ABS plastic, the hard stuff. Not PVC, the soft stuff. ABS isn’t affected by heat. I don’t think heat will correct the issues here. I think there’s clearance issues with some of the parts though, preventing the tabs to stay together. It’s becoming a more common issue. I feel like I gotta play with Dead End more to see if it’s me not transforming him correctly.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:03 pm

And if you try to heat it and reshape it, all you'll end up doing is bending, breaking, or warping it. And it will have stress marks to show for it. When these kinda things happen to transformers, you can try to find the problem with the clearance, or hindrance, and carefully modify the figure slightly to accommodate. But I've not had much luck with that. Its 90% of the time a have to live with it situation. Also why I don't display my TFs in car mode. Bot modes hide these issues better most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:19 pm

I don't display them in vehicle mode, but unfortunately, most combiners have to be that way if you want to combine them & display the gestalt.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:21 pm

NORM wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:15 am
mattmurdog wrote:
TENIME_art wrote:

Transformers are made of ABS plastic, the hard stuff. Not PVC, the soft stuff. ABS isn’t affected by heat. I don’t think heat will correct the issues here. I think there’s clearance issues with some of the parts though, preventing the tabs to stay together. It’s becoming a more common issue. I feel like I gotta play with Dead End more to see if it’s me not transforming him correctly.

The ankle hinge parts on Deadend that connect his feet to his lower legs are molded a little too thick, so they stick out past the "plane" of the inner lower legs and feet. I shaved down the ankle hinges on both legs of mine and it allows for the legs to sit a little closer. It doesn't eliminate the gap, but it does reduce it.

Also, TENIME-art, in your top picture, clip the "heels" of the feet into the back of the legs/rear windshield area and that will help the rear end close up a little better, as well. It's finicky and doesn't stay clipped in very well but that is how those pieces are supposed to sit.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:24 pm

That's how that second picture happens.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:34 pm

Clipping the heels in shouldn't be the cause of that gap.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:48 pm

Clipping the heels together causes the gap between them & the back window.

Clipping them to the back window forces them apart.

I have looked at everything on the inside to see what I can alter to prevent this, have done some trimming & filing, and that's still the best I can achieve.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:23 am

I watched the Prime vs Prime review of Tarn, and he looks amazing. Great sculpt and articulation. Tarn has to be one of the best new Transformers villains in a long time. But that Decepticon Justice Division is so brutal. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:11 am

Tarn actually looks like something a 3rd party would release. Never seen any of the comics featuring him but I'll definitely grab him when I see him on the shelves. I notice in this new trilogy of figures they put some effort into the Voyagers and larger figures when they want to. Deluxes seemed to have regressed slightly overall. I just got Inferno from Amazon and he's pretty good. On the beast figures there is usually more trade offs involved but I think he's pretty solid. I still don't like the clear weapons, seems like a gimmick from 10-years ago. I just use the gun as his butt thruster and works out OK. Seems sculpted more to represent that anyway. Good to have the main BW cast completed. I have dragon Megatron pre-ordered with Amazon with it's estimated delivery for next month. Have to dig up the old PotP Optimal Optimus now.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:42 pm

While I already have MMC's & wasn't necessarily looking to replace him, I'm a little bummed Hasbro's doesn't have the same removable mask gimmick, lol.

Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:54 pm

That's so they can make a fan channel exclusive with the maskless head!

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”