Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Jead
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:59 am

Got Scourge, and does anyone else have a problem with the G2 Prime mold where the arms don't want to stay in any position between straight down and 45 degrees outwards? Or kinda loose elbows? The elbows look like they have a ratchet, but they don't seem to do anything...
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:01 am

Akatsuki wrote:Regarding Transmetals, it would be cool to get Transmetal 1 Megatron. I always liked that design, but the original figure felt a little small, and my figure’s legs were kind of messed up in robot mode. It would be nice to get a modern upgrade.

And then Rampage. Such an awesome character. I’d love to get a new figure of him. Will be really hard to beat the original figure, but it would be fun to see the attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rampage is awesome. It would be hard to top that figure. The Megatron is also a really good one, but I have read stories of him not holding up well. Some people have had theirs breaking easily over the years. So he would be a welcome redo as well, but the vac metal is really needed to make the Transmetals pop. I'm not sure how well new ones of both those would look without it. It's one of the things I don't like about this new Dragon Megs. If none of them ever had it in the first place it wouldn't look so odd, I wouldn't know what I was missing. But now that I know it could look better it is a bit of a letdown.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:56 pm

Some 3P company showed off a CHUG-size Rampage proto last year, I think. Depth Charge, too. People were speculating it was Iron Factory under a nom de plume for whatever reason. Looked stupid amounts of [email protected]#$ cool, both of them.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:23 pm

So I don't get why they're being inconsistent with the scale on these Pretenders. Iguanus was core class. Skullgrin is deluxe. There's another they previewed that goes back to core. Not to mention the ones from the Prime Trilogy that were all Titan Masters. WUTS UP WIT DAT
ditko
Thread Killer

Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:23 pm

Bombburst. Yeah it's ....odd. I love the Deluxe class ones and am REALLY psyched for Voyager Metalhawk and Bludgeon. Could be testing the waters. They did ask fans if they want the true shells. I like this execution quite a lot honestly - satisfying sizewise where Skullgrin is concerned and has homages to the shells. Kind of a Mad Max vibe.

But I would be interested in seeing how they would make a true Pretender shell nowadays.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:17 pm

I never got the Pretenders concept. You've got these human shells that house Transformers. Are the humans giant? Are the Transformers inside tiny?

Bludgeon is voyager? Ok, then at least it's consistent in its inconsistency. The variety of sizes of silhouettes in Transformers is what keeps it visually interesting anyway.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:17 am

These Legacy Pretenders in Core class are sweet. I definitely want Bomb blast to go with Iguanus. Just missed getting Cosmos…dang one per case Velocitron case!

Thwipp!

Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:34 am

Jead wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:59 am
Got Scourge, and does anyone else have a problem with the G2 Prime mold where the arms don't want to stay in any position between straight down and 45 degrees outwards? Or kinda loose elbows? The elbows look like they have a ratchet, but they don't seem to do anything...
Same issues with the shoulders and elbows on mine.

Lucked out and found Override at WM and while looking around noticed a single Cosmos stashed overhead. Found Scourge last month so I got all I want out of this first wave.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:29 am

So Cosmos is out, huh? I’ll have to hunt for him. I’d like to see other minis turned into deluxes, such as Brawn, Powerglide, Seaspray, Beachcomber, and the other two Insecticons.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:49 am

My girlfriend found me Cosmos last week when I was sick & Scourge arrived Monday. I've yet to open either, but hopefully I can find time this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
So Cosmos is out, huh? I’ll have to hunt for him. I’d like to see other minis turned into deluxes, such as Brawn, Powerglide, Seaspray, Beachcomber, and the other two Insecticons.
Is there any reason to hope for the Deluxe Insecticons being redone nowadays?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:07 pm

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:
Is there any reason to hope for the Deluxe Insecticons being redone nowadays?
I hope so. Ransack just got a new figure (repaint of Kickback with a new head sculpt), so there is hope for the others.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:33 am
I guess I missed this—so Siege Ironhide was a tall Deluxe figure, but now Studio Series Ironhide will be a Voyager? I wonder how much is different.

Found a comparison on TFW2005:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/05/tra ... ges-462743

So it looks like maybe shared engineering but all different sculpt.

Edit: Actually, it sounds like 86 Ironhide has more complex engineering all around. I really like the Siege and Earthrise versions, but this new 86 Ironhide looks like the ultimate version. Psyched to get him!

PvP reviewed him.

He's pretty tiny in all modes.

Van mode's hinges sticking out everywhere looks f***ing awful, too, IMO.

I'll stick with my 3P yet again.

C'moooooooooooooooooon, Earthrise Prowl rerelease, though...
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:08 am

Ugh. Packing Cosmos one per case sucks. I can tell the rest are gonna stay longer on the pegs in my area which may slow down reorders. Gonna have to hope the case pack out changes for Cosmos later or if Pulse or Walmart online can get more in and not sell out on the day I happen to be at work.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:31 am

I read some headline that Cosmos will eventually come in solid cases. I’ll believe it when I see it. I still check online to see if he comes back in stock on Walmart or Pulse. I have him saved in my WM cart, but the link leads to “uh oh.” Pulse still lists as sold out.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”