Super7 Transformers ULTIMATES!!!!

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Super7 Transformers ULTIMATES!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 12:13 am

boob windows lol
Poe Ghostal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 9:17 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:10 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this, just ordered a RED Bumblebee :)

I get the complaints, for sure. But for whatever reason I absolutely love this goofy figure. My 8-yo daughter and I played with it and had a blast. She loves the basketball and the surfboard.

I have tons of regular Transformers too (though I only got back into them in the last year, in a biiiiiiiiig way), but I love these too.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 9:22 pm

I got Starscream and Optimus mostly out of curiosity (and loving those characters) and while I don't regret it - I do think these are surprisingly bad figures. They LOOK ok, but function absolutely terribly in every other joint. It's honestly impressive that they thought it was ok for a $55 figure to have elbows and ankles that are completely useless.

I had wondered how these were going to shake up with their closes competitor in the R.E.D. line and while these have a massive plus in the accessories department as posable figures they are sub par compared to R.E.D. (which is saying something considering that line isn't exactly stellar either). I don't see it as likely I'll get anyone else from this line other than Grimlock (again out of curiosity and a deep love for the character) but hope those who DO love these feel their money i swell spent and they get a nice deep collection of them.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:27 am

Sorry you’re not impressed either, cMP. It’s just not that impressive. It manages to do some things well, but the things it does poorly, it does soooo poorly. That’s always my disappointment with things. This could have been so much better with even the slightest bit more effort.
Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Sun May 29, 2022 9:50 am

Everything but the elbows is about what I expected from Optimus. Those are the real weird thing because he has the engineering for 90 degrees easy, but they just didn't give enough clearance. It can't have been worth it to keep the look while sacrificing that much. Otherwise I'd say Prime is about equal or better compared to his RED version, for the points he does have over it and the ones where they tie.

The elbows are just a lot.
Lasastard
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 31, 2022 8:00 am

I simply struggle with the whole value-for-money concept when it comes to this particular line (as well as some other S7 "Ultimates"). The have almost zero paint, limited articulation and the figures are essentially hollow shells - it just doesn't add up for me. Where does the price tag come from? The whole "S7 produces very limited runs" excuse only goes so far, honestly.
Ohmygodiamonfire
Here comes a new challenger!

Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:35 am

Honestly if there's one figure from this wave anyone should get, it's Banzai-Tron.

Dude moves like a champ.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:09 pm

That articulation does look really good. I just don't have any connection to the character. Never heard of him til he was announced in this line.
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:32 am

Articulation isn't my main draw with this line -- just too damn busy to go around posing sh!t all the time. Presentation is key without it though. These are pretty damn flashy and give that nice animated aesthetic I'm looking for. And I'm continually genuinely surprised how many keep echoing the exact same complaints across all the Ultimates franchises. It'll no doubt be the same when gi joe, the Simpsons, Spongebob and all the rest finally ship. At this point people know what to expect. Or at least they should. You go to a Back Street Boys concert e pecting Metallica you're gonna be disappointed 😆
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:45 am

Burkion
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:35 am

Genuinely surprised they didn't do a G2 Optimus to pair against G2 Megs
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 am

They still very well could. I feel this Optimus could be an exclusive. Timing is right for it.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:20 pm

just posted, wave 4
dead prime
soundwave
non ghost starscream

most likely this will be replaced
starguarded
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Soundwave and normal Starscream look great, of course, but three figures, two of them repaints... Feel like that's not a good sign for this subline.

The latest Thundercats wave was all repaints, too. Wonder if some of these sublines aren't doing as well as Super7 hoped after the price increases and inflation hitting consumers.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:48 pm

I know I should temper any excitement for this, or at least any expectation. But based on character selection alone, I'd be in for Soundwave and Starscream. But I wanna find out from reviews of Ghost Starscream what its problems are.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”