Transformers: Kingdom

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Kingdom

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:39 pm

How long do things usually stay RedCard before being opened up for everyone? I don't have a RedCard and would prefer to support Target as little as possible.
Chooch
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Redwing never went off of Redcard, but some Fan Channel sites got limited stock. I want to say that was a year later? I ordered one, but my dealer got shorted. I'm in a similar boat. I actually like Target, but don't need another credit card.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:10 pm

I have Red Card debit, and it gives me the same benefits as everyone else.

Also, Amazon is trying to charge me for Sideswipe/Skywarp (sure would be nice if my second job paid me already). Mirage & Grimlock and JP still say Nov 3rd.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:06 am

I've got a RedCard that's linked to my Debit card, and I actually use it whenever I go to Target. I got it especially for Red Wing, so their plan worked there, but I don't really hate it. I like being able to use the app and pay for stuff with it without touching anything, and between T-Wrecks and Road Rage, it's come in handy. If you have a debit card, I don't see any reason to NOT sign up for one.
Toy Hound
HULK SMASH!

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 pm

I just got Kingdom Tracks from pulse. Those legs… I transformed him one time, on the shelf he goes, really disappointed in this figure. Matter of fact, he will be on the back of the shelf. I know this is for collectors, but I just do not think a kid would enjoy transforming this guy.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:42 am

Got Beast Wars Scorponok. Might be the first miss for me in this line. I loved the original figure. It had such a cool imposing armored look and was one of the first proto voyager style figures. He was kind of big. I guess I just wanted that old figure updated with modern engineering.

This Scorponok does have a screen accurate head sculpt. But he’s so short and stubby. Especially compared to the proportions of the original.

Transformation is kind of weird. Scorpion mode is cool from the top. Really gappy from below.

At least he still has the old double missiles and robot bee, but they are so much smaller now.

Scorponok was one of my most anticipated, so I’m a bit disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 am

Akatsuki wrote:Got Beast Wars Scorponok. Might be the first miss for me in this line. I loved the original figure. It had such a cool imposing armored look and was one of the first proto voyager style figures. He was kind of big. I guess I just wanted that old figure updated with modern engineering.

This Scorponok does have a screen accurate head sculpt. But he’s so short and stubby. Especially compared to the proportions of the original.

Transformation is kind of weird. Scorpion mode is cool from the top. Really gappy from below.

At least he still has the old double missiles and robot bee, but they are so much smaller now.

Scorponok was one of my most anticipated, so I’m a bit disappointed.

I was too, but this is actually from the WfC Netflix show. Not Beast Wars. If you haven't watched it yet, he looks spot on for that. Hes supposed to be short and stubby. And, in a terrible twist, is also not a unique character. Hes an army. There were literally dozens of them fighting some of the other character all at once. And they did not speak, that I remember. One of my smaller gripes with the series. And there were a few.

Also, looking at the og show, he was also kinda short in that as well. But this figure isn't accurate to that version, and seems to be a bit shorter then he was there. The legs and colors are different.

It's weird how they took some elements of the og show and the new one, and mixed them for Airrazor. Wheres a few of the other characters are specifically for the new show. Like Cheetor is blatantly new show, as is Rhynox it seems. But the others can be either or, since they basically have the exact same design. The only issue I noticed is that Primal uses his swords wrong in the new version. In the old show he has the curve on the inside, whereas the new show he uses the curve on the outside. And they're a bit thinner in the older one as well. There are just a bunch of little changes like that, that are kind of stupid, to me at least.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Akatsuki

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:49 am

Yeah the Beast Wars Scorponok figure is accurate to the new show, but I am not a big fan of that show. Also, I liked just about every character design in the show except for Beast Wars Scorponok. And he was just a background minion.

He didn’t do all that much in the original show either, but his original figure was awesome and imposing.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:34 am

I think a lot of people's memories are playing tricks on them...

Scorponok was never a large character to begin with.

I think the real problem is that Blackarachnia is too tall and Scorponok is just a little short.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am

How do either of those photos convey that he isn’t a large character if there’s nothing else in the photos to reference?
Akatsuki

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:25 pm

I’m talking about the original Beast Wars Scorponok toy, who was one of the first two mega beast class figures.

He was bigger than normal figures. Intimidating proportions and overall size. Plus a cool color scheme.

Looks like there are third parties versions of Beast Wars Scorponok that address the scale concerns, like the Transform Element version. That’s tempting.

Leonardo T Dragon
Customized

Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 pm

If we go by this Mainframe-produced poster ole Scorponok isn't one of the largest at all. I do wish the toy was just a bit bigger but that's just because it would give him a more menacing appearance.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:06 pm

I don't remember T2 dinobot being that big. If it is the toy is massively undersized. But the new figure for Airrazor is also too tall. Blackarachnia I personally think they got just about perfect other then her Beast mode not having the claws in the front. They've never been a real strictler for scale or size in TF though. This isn't new lol.

Akatsuki

Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Dinobot 2 was tall on the show.

Here is a scale chart:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... t.1075068/

Again, I was just talking about the original Beast Wars Scorponok figure, not the animation model.

But if we are talking about the animation model, he should be a similar height as Air Razor and Cheetor and taller than Blackarachnia.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Damn T2 Dinobot is big. They definitely undersized that figure. It's still cool, at least in Beast mode. The Robot mode is meh. But definitely too small. Well that's another one that needs to be on the redo list, instead of the repack list.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”