Transformers: Kingdom

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Kingdom

Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:34 am

I really shouldn't need to be buying upgrade kits for every figure they do though. I had to buy 2 sets of Cheetors guns, 1 for the og release and 1 for the exclusive repaint, off of shapeways, just to make him complete. And then paint them myself. And they were the same price as the figure, for each set. I skipped the newest Optimal Optimas because I needed an upgrade kit that cost as much as the figure retail just to make him complete. And the mold itself wasn't all that great to begin with. It's the same with power rangers and some marvel. I shouldn't have to repaint half a figure and some of the accessories because of skimped paint jobs, bad detailing, or just have missing stuff altogether (Rocky's tonfa). They just need to do things right. And not charge ****ing double what the figure is worth in the process. I'm sure a Tigatron upgrade kit won't be too expensive. But it may still be about the price of the figure, if it comes with his missing 2nd gun as well. Basically paying double anyway for a complete figure. Its gonna start making me alot more selective then I have been. But if Hasbro would just put in the extra little bit, and charge maybe $5 more, they'd get more of my money for these, instead of none at all. Not double like Ravage, but $5 isn't much. I'd shell out for that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:46 pm

Just got a BBTS' "Pre-Order Processing Soon" notification for Kingdom Rodimus Prime.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:37 pm

sepster wrote:Just got a BBTS' "Pre-Order Processing Soon" notification for Kingdom Rodimus Prime.
Awesome! I have him preordered there too, no email yet but this is promising!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chewblacca
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:36 am

My preorder for rodimus shipped from target and I should have it Saturday
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:32 am

My Rod Prime is coming from Target as well. Target sends out ship notifications way too wary tho. There’s almost no movement for nearly a week. Just sits at its first scan for days. I’ve got the same thing happening with Classified Viper, Baroness, ML Ultron, Modular Iron Man, and Guardsman.
NORM

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:09 pm

Picked up Buzzworthy Origins Bumblebee this morning. Some observations:

Packaging has eliminated ALL plastic. No plastic window, no plastic ties, the entire thing, besides the peg hook, is made of cardboard/paper ties. That means Bee is exposed in the opening where the window would be.

The figure itself is evocative of the G1 robot design, though a little clunky to accommodate the saucer/ship design. Lots of kibble on the legs and back. Definitely not sleek. I don't have VW Bee handy to compare sculpts.

Conversion is intermediate, on par with most WFC figures. A little unfamiliar based on most Bumblebee conversions, obviously. But everything tabs together well enough.

Price is 22.99, which really seems outrageous for its size. I wouldn't have thought much of it at 19.99, but the additional three bucks at least gets a jetpack and five energy rods or whatever these things are, and will most likely just get packed away since they don't attach to anything.

All in all, mildly let down by the price, but the quality of the figure is fair. Some parts pop off too easily, but he looks the part in robot mode, and gives us a long awaited Cybertronian mode for one of the most iconic TFs in the franchise.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:31 am

22.99 is sadly the price of Deluxes moving forward. Target has yet to adjust mainline figures, but most of their exclusives represent the new price.

T-Wrecks is $53 instead of $50 too.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:51 am

The price increase in Hasbro's product across the board has made me a LOT more picky. It doesn't seem like a three dollar increase is THAT much on paper, but it feels like it to me. I no longer "impulse buy" anything from Hasbro anymore. It's just too much money. I guess I could be mad about it, but since I'm buying a lot less these days, I should probably be thanking them for it.

Saw a woman in perhaps her late 50s/early 60s walk out of Target with an armful of 4 T-Wrecks yesterday. None were left on the shelf. I know that there is a stigma these days against labeling someone a "scalper," but I'm having a hard time imagining what one person would need that many for or that this particular person knows three other collectors that wanted these things.
NORM

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:09 am

Transformers lately has had laser focus on making excellent updates to G1 characters that I’ve been in love with. However, that focus is shifting to other banners like Beast Wars, which is something I’ve never had interest in. So the timing works out that I’ll be collecting fewer Transformers anyway, just the G1/1986 related Studio Series figures that are imminent.

However, the price increase effects EVERYTHING Hasbro makes, including Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, GI Joe Classified, Ghostbusters Plasma. I have no intention of cutting back on ML, and when ordering a case or set of 7-8 figures, that $3+ per figure really shows and stings. Even worse with the already expensive ML premium line each year that would be $25, jumping up to $26.50. We all knew it was coming, but it’s gotta be a jumping off point for so many. I can’t see myself jumping off, so I really need to consider waiting it out for sales and finding thrifty avenues to complete my collections.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:35 am

I pretty much already jumped off ML for the most part. I couldn't keep up with the MCU stuff, cause none of it was in store, so I missed like 3 waves in a row, except for a few figures here and there. And I couldn't justify preordering the cases when I didn't want all the figures. Plus they have so much coming out and I wanted the Power Rangers and now Beast Wars stuff more. And display space is limited. I didn't wanna buy them just to put them all in a bin. So now for ML I just get the occasional figure here and there if I really like it enough, and see it in store or on sale. And the price hike definitely helps make up my mind on some figures. Now I'll preorder XMen stuff if I want it, if its something I wanted or had as a kid and want an upgrade or whatever. But I've even skipped most of those recently. I had no connection to AoA or the Krakoa waves, so I skipped those. Which helps in the long run cause I'm all in on Beast Wars and mostly all in on Power Rangers. But with these price hikes it does make me alot more selective even with Star Wars too. Before I would buy stuff that just even looked cool. Now its gotta be something I really want for SW or I just skip it. I'm not sure what would be a complete jumping off point for me, but I'm thinking if the price hikes again, that day may be closing in. No matter what is coming out.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:15 am

The price increase is concerning for me. The WFC line is closing and I’ll just be concentrating on a few more G1 characters and tv related Beast Wars that are bound to show up in the next iteration or SS line. I guess I’m starting to slowly fade from collecting TFs. I’m already only collecting certain Xmen and Thor related characters for ML. I’d like to focus more on DC Multiverse if only Mac would start doing more classic or iconic characters. I’m in for Gi Joe classifieds fully so that is the one line now I’m trying to be a completionist on. But yeah, I think I will be saving more money in the next year or so.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:09 am

I only jumped in because of Beast Wars, which made me pick up a lot of the WFC stuff.

Once we get Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, Inferno, Quickstrike, and Silverbolt I can jump right out.

I have zero interest in Transmetals.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:19 am

Fuzors would probably be coming as well. I would hope they would at least do a better Silverbolt. Quickstrike was already pretty good. But Silverbolt has a tiny head and his wings don't fold or go down his back like in the show.

I couldn't do GI Joe. They are nice but the horror stories of trying to find most of them, let alone the exclusives, turned me off instantly. That and I saw Snake Eyes and Scarlet in store once, and Scarlet looked weird, and Snake Eyes had some stupid pew pew guns instead of realistic weapons. So all that together made it an easy choice to not start a new line. Add in space, money, and everything else, I don't regret it.

NORM

Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:07 am

Rodimus Prime has arised.. er.. I mean arrived.

Ok, so he’s not as big as Jetfire or Sky Lynx. But he is definitely suped up. There’s a lot going on, from the trailer, to the cannon, to the robot itself. I don’t know if it’s still worth $80, but he feels more substantial and accessory laden than leader class Optimus, mostly because this trailer makes that one look like a joke.

I had a hard time getting the trailer to close properly with the cannon stored inside. But eventually I got it once I plugged Rodimus in. The spoiler seems to help hold it together.

Rodimus himself is really a marvel. So many moving parts. Feels like a lot more going on than Optimus. Trickiest part for me was plugging the chest plate into the lower abdomen. There are some fidgety things going on with the wheels that you should try not to forget once you’re converting back to car mode. The figure is just bad ass. A worthy commander.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:40 am

Walmart.com shipped my not so mystery Megatron along with the zombie Seeker. Totally forgot about these guys.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”

Recent Topics