Transformers: Kingdom

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Kingdom

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/06/16/kin ... ive-435595

So, not only is this a Target exclusive, but now it seems you have to sign up and be approved for Target's credit card in order to have access to it? That seems like an added layer of BS that is crossing the line.

EDIT: I guess the "Timed" part means it's only exclusive to Red Card members for a limited time then it will be opened up for all buyers. Still irritating.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:03 pm

sepster wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:53 pm
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/06/16/kin ... ive-435595

So, not only is this a Target exclusive, but now it seems you have to sign up and be approved for Target's credit card in order to have access to it? That seems like an added layer of BS that is crossing the line.

EDIT: I guess the "Timed" part means it's only exclusive to Red Card members for a limited time then it will be opened up for all buyers. Still irritating.
Didn’t they do the same with Redwing a year or two ago? I have the Red Card, so I’m not as worried. I’m sure it will sti be annoying to acquire. But I dig the Red Card, I use it all the time since it saves 5% on all purchases and makes shipping free.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:16 am

DS did ship out Scorponok for me. Can't wait. I'm so excited. I'm looking forward to the new Tigatron as well. Hope we see pics soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm

NORM

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm

sepster wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:53 pm
Kingdom Red Alert:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/06/18/pos ... ert-435649
Regular wave or exclusive?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:22 pm

I don't think we know yet. Considering he's in normal packaging and is a single he may be regular retail.
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:15 pm

Word on the street is Kingdom Red Alert will be a Walgreens exclusive. Not sure if anyone knows for sure, but multiple sites at least guessing that to be the case.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Wow. It went from "Walgreens doesn't have figures, and they don't even have their own exclusives" to "let's give them more exclusives for EVERY line." Lol. Smh.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:45 am

I’ve been lucky so far with all the WFC exclusives but I am getting burned out with just how many exclusives this line and other Hasbro lines have been increasing lately. It’s getting harder to keep up now that everything is opening back up and work is now full time again. If only Pulse would work the way I want it to where my membership would specifically set aside both site and shared partner exclusives in a pile of loot where there is a one week window to allow me to decide if I want to buy it or not as opposed to it selling out in a matter of seconds because I’m at work and can’t be in front of a laptop at the specified time. Sigh. One can dream. On a brighter note, DS sent me my Tracks, Rhinox, Scorponok, and Wingfinger which should get to me next week.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:55 am

So I got Scorponok in today. He's... mediocre. He's not awful. But I have some issues. He seems too short. He looks kinda like a Dwarf. His legs look a bit stubby. But since they are made the way they are to fold into his transformation I get why. But they also don't look screen accurate to his proper shape. In show they're rounded, but the figure has them all blocky. And the tail is a bit weird. I figured they wouldn't do a separate joint for each fold. But it's hard for him to actually sting in Beast mode, because of, again, how they work the legs into the transformation. And in Robot mode the tail looks weird because its completely hollow. And his Beast mode looks a bit stupid. The claws look too big, and shaped wrong. His scorpion legs are just garbage. And see above for his tail. His colors are nice, although also not screen accurate, but I can't give him a great figure designation, because of all the issues. And his height is really what bugs me the most. He kinda actually reminds me a little of Salvadore from Borderlands. Who was a great character and had an awesome design. But it doesn't work for a Transformer. The inclusion of the Bee and Missiles is cool. And how they can be swapped into whichever claw you want. But with all the issues I have with it, kinda disappointed. Not gonna lie. Hopefully Terrorsaur and Terrantulas come out better. What really sucks is they knocked it out of the park with alot of these new ones. And then there are ones like Cheetor, which is an anomaly, but it's just not very good. I'd put him better then Cheetor. But no where near as good as Blackarachnia or Airazor, if I'm just staying in the $20 set. And just miles behind any of the bigger ones. So, I guess if you missed the OG or it's broken, or you just want an updated one it'll suffice. But, I wouldn't go out of my way for it. Or pay any exorbitant prices.

Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:50 pm

I got the mis-assembled shoulders version of Galvatron. I've never attempted a fix before, but the youtube video looked doable. I was able to fix them with some noticeable stress marks - oddly I was better with the first shoulder. The corrected version not only looks better, but allows the tracks to lock in in robot mode and the arms to transform properly in canon mode.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:55 pm

I totally missed out ordering Core class Soundwave and that green raptor repaint on Dorkside. I didn’t even realize they were out. I tried looking at the other usual places online but no one seems to I carry them. I wonder if DS got the ok to sell these early?
Leonardo T Dragon
Super Poseable

Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:55 pm
I totally missed out ordering Core class Soundwave and that green raptor repaint on Dorkside. I didn’t even realize they were out. I tried looking at the other usual places online but no one seems to I carry them. I wonder if DS got the ok to sell these early?
I stumbled across Soundwave at my local Target the other day. If you don't want to pay online prices they are showing up but it's Target so restocking is, well, "challenging" in some parts of the country.

Be careful, however. The joints on Soundwave are EXTREMELY tight.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:24 pm

How does that thing look next to a 6” fig in alt mode? I’m my head it’s a great boom box for figs to tote on their shoulder. It may be in reality too big. Maybe just a prop sitting in background. I know the tape accessory is too large.

I still want to get it with my Megatron and Starscream. Looks pretty awesome!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM

Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:31 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:24 pm
How does that thing look next to a 6” fig in alt mode? I’m my head it’s a great boom box for figs to tote on their shoulder. It may be in reality too big. Maybe just a prop sitting in background. I know the tape accessory is too large.

I still want to get it with my Megatron and Starscream. Looks pretty awesome!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Core class Soundwave would be the size of a microwave oven if related to a 1:12 scale figure.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”