Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:14 pm

I couldn't care less about Dinobot swords.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:16 pm

The Chrisbot wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:14 pm
Grimlock is pretty good, except the missing sword. All the Dinobots are gonna be missing them it seems.

Well these figs are supposed to represent how the cast looks in the Animated movie, not the series in general, so if Grimlock didn't have his sword in the movie, then his movie toy doesn't get a sword. :|
I get that. But when they releases the PotP versions they also left out alot of the Dinobot weapons as well. Grimlock didn't get anything besides those claws. I feel like it's just another cheap out on Hasbro's part. But they'll put in those little all but useless mini figures with them. I'd rather have the weapons then the little guys to ride on their backs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:19 pm

I would love the inclusion of swords as well. I want updated versions of the toys I had as a kid & that includes the weapons/accessories.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:23 pm

I was careless with my earliest Transformers so weapons got lost all the time. I rarely remember what my first figures came with, besides hands because those were always more noticeably absent. I only had Sludge and Snarl, and couldn’t tell you what their weapons were. Honestly the one of the main reasons I’m aware that the Dinobots came with swords is because Trunks mentions it all the time!
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:51 am

I wish the Dinobots came with the swords, too.

But mostly I wish that my old preorder for Slag will get fulfilled soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:17 pm

NORM wrote:I was careless with my earliest Transformers so weapons got lost all the time. I rarely remember what my first figures came with, besides hands because those were always more noticeably absent. I only had Sludge and Snarl, and couldn’t tell you what their weapons were. Honestly the one of the main reasons I’m aware that the Dinobots came with swords is because Trunks mentions it all the time!
Usually when I repeat things like this its cause I know Hasbro employees sometimes come here and see these threads. I'm not sure which ones they actually read, or how regularly. I just figure the more it gets mentioned, the more likely they could be to see it, and maybe be like "hey, we should fix this in the future. Or now." I know they look at the Marvel board a bit. So if you see me bitching about Star Wars single joints or whatever else I bitch about regularly it's for their benefit. You can just ignore me lol. (And this isn't trying to sound mean so I hope it doesn't come off that way. It's a "just skim over my bitching lol" not an "ignore all my posts.")

I just noticed while messing with my Grimlock his head is kinda small. I figure it's because it has to go in his chest for the Dino mode. Its just weird I don't remember noticing it before. I usually keep them in Dino mode so that's probably why. I could swear the PotP robot head goes in the dino head for his transformation. I wonder why they didn't do that here, like Slag's head does. It would've made it so it could be a bit bigger. No big deal, still like him all the same.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:17 pm

The Chrisbot wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:28 pm
Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:14 pm
Grimlock is pretty good, except the missing sword. All the Dinobots are gonna be missing them it seems.

Well these figs are supposed to represent how the cast looks in the Animated movie, not the series in general, so if Grimlock didn't have his sword in the movie, then his movie toy doesn't get a sword. :|
That's weird, I don't remember Grimlock having 2 giant silver screws in his face in the movie. :P

I guess they'll pick and choose what parts they want to actually be accurate. :rolleyes:
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:14 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:14 pm
I couldn't care less about Dinobot swords.
Pretty much.

My Grimlock is a brawler. I want Sludge & Slag (don't want SS, unsure what I'll get) to be as well.

I want Snarl to be able to remove some tail spikes for weapons, and I'd like Swoop to have blades integrated into his dino-mode wings.

But none of that is G1, so I'm screwed, even if Hasbro doesn't screw everyone else out of guns or swords.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 11, 2022 6:35 am

86 Movie Arcee is coming.

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 7:33 pm

I finally saw the Bumblebee movie deluxes of Brawn, Wheeljack, and Ratchet. They looked pretty nice and maybe I would have picked them up a year or two ago but recent price hikes has taught me to really hunker down my collecting habits so I’m just focusing on the G1 characters I remember wanting as a child. Still, nice looking movie figures.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 1:51 am

Slixta wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 6:35 am
86 Movie Arcee is coming.

I have the Generations one that I have happy with, and while she does have her share of kibble, she doesn't have half a car on her back.

I got my Spike Exo Suit today. I have a Daniel Exo Suit that I got from a KO Masterpiece Bumblebee and was disappointed to see Daniel towers over Spike and is more detailed. Oh well.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
I got my Spike Exo Suit today. I have a Daniel Exo Suit that I got from a KO Masterpiece Bumblebee and was disappointed to see Daniel towers over Spike and is more detailed. Oh well.
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get Spike from? Amazon?
I was hoping he'd at least go up for pre-order soon.

I've only seen lots and lots of Shockwave/Ravage in the stores.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 10:56 am

I got my Exo Suit Spike from Pulse when it went in stock briefly. I have one preordered at Amazon too, but it still hasn’t shown up any sooner than 6/1 ETA.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 11:17 am

I didn't even know Spike went up for preorder on Pulse until I saw him listed as out of stock yesterday when I was ordering Arcee & Morph.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 11:53 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 am
yojoebro82 wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, where did you get Spike from? Amazon?
I was hoping he'd at least go up for pre-order soon.

I've only seen lots and lots of Shockwave/Ravage in the stores.
Amazon.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”