Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:50 pm

So I too came across Coronation Starscream at Target today, and picked it up.

I don't have a standard Seeker mold handy, but it looks like there are several new parts including more hinge joints (wings, fingers) and a port (back) for the new accessories.

I think two sets of null cannons is kinda silly. They could have worked harder to figure out a way to attach the standard null cannons to the shoulder armor without coming up with a new mold for a second set of cannons. That's inefficient.

The cape is strangely lopsided, not the end of the world. The crown fits on his head, but won't attach to the storage point on the back of the throne. It just keeps popping off. So I'll tuck it in with the shoulder armor stored under the seat.

The accessories themselves are cool, but I'm feeling Ro-El's frustration with the price. $50 is too much. Maybe throw in a ton of blast effects. Honestly the entire leader class is overpriced at $50. I can't think of one that has actually shown real value at that price. $10 would make way more sense.

Addendum: Both Siege Megatron and Kingdom Galvatron fit perfectly in the throne. Megatron fits best. As if it was made for him. Starscream has wings and more back kibble that get in the way.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:32 am

Nice. I want the throne for sitting all sorts of characters. Does the crown fit anyone else?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:07 am

I have Optimus, Megatron, Blaster, Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron, Hot Rod, Jazz, Scourge, and Elita-1 on my desk. The crown fits none of them. Really, it's made to fid the Seeker head sculpt.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:05 pm

So I guess I don't pay close enough attention to my figures. Earthrise Starscream is pretty much the exact same as Coronation, in terms of sculpt and articulation. The ONLY upgrade I see is the hinged fingers, which I'm not even really sure are necessary. I guess it's just so he can gesture? Meh..
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:59 am

On the flip side, I think $50 is a fair price for this Starscream.

$30 for the figure itself. $20 for the accessories and a decent throne made out of plastic. The cape is meant to be lopsided I believe to go with the pose with his arm outstretched.

Third parties have been selling coronation kits for various Starscreams for years at more than $20, and they have never come with the throne. I’m fine without any blast effects since they eat through paint if left on too long.

Starscream also isnt 100% identical. The blue is a lighter shade. Articulated hands. It’s got some different tampo details here and there.

On the other hand, I wish the accessory set was sold for $20 by itself on Pulse, because I didn’t really need another Starscream. But the throne alone is worth $20 to me, it really ties a display together, especially with Megatron on it.

As for the price increases, I’m in as long as Hasbro keeps building on what they have like their other Marvel and in-house lines. The minute they reset and start redoing G1 again in a new scale for the 9th time is when I’m out. I’m really digging Transformers being additive for the last few years instead of resetting.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:13 pm

Sludge was revealed! Looks awesome.

I still haven’t gotten my preorder for Slag yet.

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 pm

I need a Slag. I had him at pulse and caught a sale at GameStop, which was cancelled. Stupidly cancelled my PO at Pulse, and no luck elsewhere.

Has he even hit retail?
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:29 pm

september_death wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 pm
I need a Slag. I had him at pulse and caught a sale at GameStop, which was cancelled. Stupidly cancelled my PO at Pulse, and no luck elsewhere.

Has he even hit retail?
Yes. I've seen at Target multiple times now, but I've read that Wal-Mart has also had him.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Even though I don't like them, I wish all the Dinobots came with a smaller Autobot/human figure for consistency. Since Sludge didn't have the extra figure it should've come with Grimlock's sword. Oh, well. I guess we'll never get that.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:04 pm

Sludge looks perfect and I love the extra neck articulation. I hope we see another dinobot end of the year.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:05 pm

Mr potatohead wrote:
Even though I don't like them, I wish all the Dinobots came with a smaller Autobot/human figure for consistency. Since Sludge didn't have the extra figure it should've come with Grimlock's sword. Oh, well. I guess we'll never get that.
I don't think he ever used a sword in the movie so it's technically screen accurate. These are not meant to replicate the G1 toys afterall. It wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro redoes these down the line making them for G1 accurate
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:11 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:05 pm
Mr potatohead wrote:
I don't think he ever used a sword in the movie so it's technically screen accurate. These are not meant to replicate the G1 toys afterall. It wouldn't surprise me if Hasbro redoes these down the line making them for G1 accurate
I know, it's just wishful thinking.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:16 pm

If no rider and sword is a no go…what about some flame effects Hasbro? Sludge loves to breath fire. He looks fantastic. Slag and Grimlock await their brother.

Thwipp!

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:45 pm

I saw Slag at Wal Mart. I skipped him for now because I don't like how he is missing his sword. I bought both full weapon kits for the PotP versions, so I have swords and guns for all the PotP Dinobots. I don't wanna have to do that again. But I also said I was gonna skip Grimlock and I ended up getting him anyway. And then bought a sword for him on Shapeways. If I see Slag at a discount I may cave. He looks really nice. And I like how big they are. Space is also becoming an issue though, so that helped me decide not to bite right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Just got shipping notice for the Behold, Galvatron pack!

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”