Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 pm

I was able to score a couple Gnaws from Amazon. It's a pretty nice figure, but I think I still like the legends class versions better. One simple step is missing on the deluxe class from how the legends one was designed: the robot shoulder/beast hip shifts forward on the little guy for a better center of balance. The bigger one has its shoulder/hip joint fixed in one spot. But I guess that's really the only area that could use improvement. I like the size, sculpt, articulation, better on the new one. I have two, but I guess two more would be cool? Maybe these two could be the mama and papa Sharkticons for the six baby Sharkticons I already have.

I still haven't opened the Quintesson Trial box set exclusive from Pulse yet. Donno if it's even worth it. The packaging is so awesome as is.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 pm

I take it there has been no news of the next SS Dinobot.

I like Slag, but have to completely dismantle the tail to transform into dino-mode. Hopefully I can loosen up the joints so that doesn't remain an issue. Also, I'm glad he doesn't have that stupid issue that Grimlock has with the ugly screws in the side of his head.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm

The listing for SS'86 Sludge has been found but there has been no images of him yet.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:14 pm

sepster wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 pm
The listing for SS'86 Sludge has been found but there has been no images of him yet.
Better than nothing. Thanks!
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:27 pm

Nice. Was kind of disappointed that we didn't get a Sludge reveal. Hopefully he gets leaked soon and is as large if not larger than Slag in dino mode.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Finally came across a single Slag at, of all places, Macy's new toy section, which is surprisingly large. If you still have a Macy's, check the same floor where kitchenware and bedding are. I made the mistake of looking for the children's section, which I couldn't even find.

Anyway, I never had the original G1 Slag, so my only previous experience with this guy is the Combiner Wars version. I like this one enough, he's a tank for sure. I am not keen on the opaque dome for Daniel, but what are you gonna do. I do like how the rifle stores in his tail to complete it.

Very much looking forward to Sludge. He was my first Dinobot as a kid, Snarl being my other, who I don't think we'll get in Studio Series since he barely showed up in the movie, if at all. I'm guessing Swoop could be a voyager class figure?
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:59 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:21 pm
Finally came across a single Slag at, of all places, Macy's new toy section, which is surprisingly large. If you still have a Macy's, check the same floor where kitchenware and bedding are. I made the mistake of looking for the children's section, which I couldn't even find.

Anyway, I never had the original G1 Slag, so my only previous experience with this guy is the Combiner Wars version. I like this one enough, he's a tank for sure. I am not keen on the opaque dome for Daniel, but what are you gonna do. I do like how the rifle stores in his tail to complete it.

Very much looking forward to Sludge. He was my first Dinobot as a kid, Snarl being my other, who I don't think we'll get in Studio Series since he barely showed up in the movie, if at all. I'm guessing Swoop could be a voyager class figure?
Snarl was in all of like 2-3 seconds of screen time. Basically a blink and you'll miss him type of deal.

However that is enough. He was in the movie so they can do him in Studio Series 86!!

Honestly though, even if they don't do him in Studio Series, I'm sure he would get a release in Legacy, what with the multiversal theme and all. Can you imagine the uproar, and complaints that the team at Hasbro would have to deal with if they were to stop 1 short of the complete G1 Dinobot team?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:02 pm

I imagine it’d be the same uproar the Marvel Legends team gets when they leave out characters like Rachel Grey, Wolfsbane, Marvel Girl from their X-Teams. But TF has been much better about completing teams in a timely fashion.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:59 am

I only owned Snarl and Swoop as a kid. So it’s a real treat Grimlock and Slag. I don’t know how they do it but I hope Sludge has good size as a dino. Maybe the transformation will allow a bigger size with the long tail and neck. I miss their swords as an accessory. 3rd party…Soeaking of which where’s the third party horns?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:58 pm

Gnaw is in stock and 19.99 on Amazon currently, if anyone's looking to shave a few bucks off an army builder.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:28 am

Got those Gnaws from Amazon. I seem to keep missing him in my area. Did find Slag today so that was pretty cool. I only ever had Grimlock and Snarl as a kid and they were bootlegs. Gonna be a real treat to collect them all.

I also saw in the previous line some kind of velociraptor dinobot who is female? She seemed to be a weaponizer?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:48 am

New pics of Perceptor and King Starscream are floating around and I can't friggin' wait for either of them.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 am

Sweeps in stock at Walmart.com for $27
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:36 am

A lot of new reveals via tfw 2005, more new studio series bumblebee movie figures!
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/11/09/new ... ave-444599
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:17 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:A lot of new reveals via tfw 2005, more new studio series bumblebee movie figures!
https://news.tfw2005.com/2021/11/09/new ... ave-444599
Those look fantastic! Soundwave in particular looks awesome.

I wonder why Shockwave is so small?

But if I get these, does that mean I need to go back and get that movie Starscream? Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”