Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:28 pm

My Target has been void of Leaders for a while so I've been checking regularly for Slag. Well they finally restocked this week...with Grimlock & the movie Constructicon.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Came across Wreck-Gar today! Was pretty psyched, then I opened it.

He's not necessarily bad, just doesn't feel up to par with what we've gotten from SS86 and WFC so far. Plastic feels kinda thin and flexible, which I guess there are pros and cons to. Like Roufuss said, he hits all the marks for robot mode. The likeness, body, accessories, are all exactly what I'd want from Wreck-Gar. He's a little larger than I imagined though. He's the same height as Optimus/Megatron/most voyagers, but his proportions make him look even bigger, like his big head, wide shoulders, etc. So to me he's big.

The motorcycle mode, in his case, is equally important to me. Most SS86/WFC really nail their alt modes, but this one feels a bit easy or phoned in, in terms of design and conversion. I don't know what it is, but I just didn't feel very impressed, not in the same way I did with Cyclonus or Hot Rod (who he towers over). It's a suitable bike mode, and I'm looking forward to getting other Junkions, or at least another Wreck-Gar, to ride it. But I feel like he's out of scale with the rest of the '86 cast figures. And there were things I kinda loved about the Reveal the Shield and Combiner Wars versions, like how the axe accessory was incorporated more into the alt mode. This one just pins onto the back.

It's definitely a good figure, I'm just not impressed or blown away by it.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:16 am

Got lucky and found two Gnaws today at two different Targets. Love him, Hasbro finally nailed this character for me.
TheRealSmallville
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:37 am

Scored Wreck-Gar at Walmart about a half hour ago! Cross another childhood wishlist item off the list! I would have bought 2 if they'd had more, so he could ride himself, but alas just the one.

My Walmart will sometimes go a month or two without restocking, so this was a very nice find today.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:08 am

I saw Wreckgar a couple of weeks ago at my closest Target. I skipped getting him since I had him preordered at DS. Now that I think about it, I wonder how a Gi Joe classified would look in him. I gave the Ram to my commando SnakeEyes. Maybe I should have bought Wreckgar for Breaker…….
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:35 am

I put the new BS Aurra Sing on Wreck-Gar and it was a nice fit and nice match color-wise. She’s slightly smaller than Classified or ML, so I think the Wreck-Gar bike mode might be a bit too small for either. Your mileage may vary.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:10 am

Wreck-Gar is reserved for my Fox Deadpool to ride. I’m giving the Vespa to Gwenpool and Lady Deadpool. Maybe I’ll give Lady Deadpool the Harley from Punisher. Nah Cable gets that.

Gnaw is great! I have three and if I find another few I’ll buy them. I have a few of the previous versions. The mini Gnaws are ones I would like to acquire one day.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:41 am

My Slag is due today from Amazon. I can't wait!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:10 pm

Is Gnaw shipping in the wave with movie Bumblebee and 86 Jazz? If so, I missed Gnaw cos I spotted the rest yesterday.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:18 pm

I found 2 Gnaw along with 2 Jazz at Target on Thursday. I just need 1 more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:51 pm

Got a delayed shipment notice I had to approve from Target. Moved back to the 15th.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:24 pm

DS just charged me for my Sweeps. Didn’t think they would be available this year. Kinda threw my budget off. Wonder what other TFs will arrive early this year.
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:23 pm

Slag is on the way :D
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:12 pm

Just nabbed Kup at work last night, and he's a fun figure in bot mode. Just like Hot Rod before him, I doubt I will transform him, but the 2 of them will go great with my MP Grimlock and legends scale Wheelie.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Received a "Processing Soon" email for Gnaw from BBTS. Finally!!

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”