Transformers Masterpiece thread v3

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers Masterpiece thread v3

Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:23 pm

Target just delivered MPM-12 Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee movie. Saw that it was in stock for $125, as opposed to the $190 preorder I had at TFSource so I bit and canceled. This thing is remarkably intuitive, didn't use instructions or videos at all to convert him. I like the design, since it resembles G1 better than most movie designs. I have Mustang Bee and VW Bee, and I find that both of those are more difficult to convert than this Optimus. Size-wise, it's identical to MP10 in both modes. In truck mode, he has a conspicuous spot on the back of the cab to attach the rifle, I certainly wouldn't call it "storage". But all in all, it's a very satisfying Transformer. Glad I grabbed it, though I still haven't even seen this movie.
Goldbug
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 am

well we have the first combiner by Takara now

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09HQP ... 229&sr=8-2

https://www.anime-export.com/?product=54133

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-132349

I'm contemplating selling my originals to pay for these new ones
Goldbug
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:36 am

I got my Masterpiece Skids today from Anime-Export.
It took 4 days to get here from Tokyo!
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 pm

What is everyone's opinion of AliExpress? I was reading over on TFW2005 that it's a good site to use, but I'm always wary of new marketplaces.

They have tons of MP's there, most probably KO's, but the prices are good. I saw an MP-36 KO Megatron, $75 shipped, so I bit on it but wanted to see everyone's opinions on the place. My KO won't arrive until sometime next month, but if they are legit then I wouldn't mind jumping on a few other deals I see. TFW says a lot of their MP's are authentic, but I kinda doubt it at the prices I'm seeing.

What say you? Reliable place to do business? Or naw?
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:36 pm

I've bought a few things off that site in the past. I only had a problem once and it was because the item was lost in transit. The seller ended up sending me a replacement. They are a legit site and have buyer protection.

As far as KO's go, there are a lot of knock off toys sold there. If the price is too good to be true, it's a knock-off. Good news is that a lot of those MP KOs are good quality. I only have a couple of early KO car-bots and while they are are noticeably less quality than my real MPs, I'm happy with them. I've read that the recent ones are much better.
TheRealSmallville
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Transformers Masterpiece thread v3

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:41 am

Thanks for the response. We're going to see how it shakes out...I have the MP-36 KO coming as well as the Black Mamba Grimlock (OS KO). Got them both for about $155 total, so I think that's a good price to try out on these two. Thanks for the heads up!

The only Masterpiece I have currently is Hot Rod, and I like him a lot. I've heard most of the KO's are very nice for the price, so here's hoping.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”