Transformers Third Party thread v3

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers Third Party thread v3

Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:36 am

Damn, I forgot I sold my Fans Toys Perceptor, but I'm glad I did since this one looks much better.
Guess X-Transbots is getting more of my money.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:43 pm

X-Transbots is really going nuts. Just saw POs for like four different Junkions, and a new Galvatron reveal.
futuresound
HULK SMASH!

Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:22 am

Those new Galvatron renders look pretty sweet. I already have the FansToys version, but I'll be keeping an eye on it to see how it turns out.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:24 am

I put in my order for X-Transbots Perceptor at BBTS. I was very happy with the $140 price tag.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:29 am

I’m still pretty content with the previous FansToys Perceptor that’s been in my display for years. I really don’t want to be upgrading every MP I have.
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:53 pm

I sold mine a while ago when the price got crazy and I assumed an official one would come out. Something about the face always bothered me. It's weird that I'm happy with $140 now since I think I paid $80 or $90 for the Fans Toys one years ago. Prices of these have gotten insane. I'm glad I already have almost very character i want.
AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Man, I hope somebody KOs that OverDrive in Legends-ish scale like he originally was.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:03 am

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/174546

So this new 3P Springer caught my attention. Having gotten nearly every other 3P version of this character (except X-Transbots Virtus), I decided to preorder. $85 at TFSource seemed like a great deal, considering the prices of other 3P MPs. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that I recognized this figure. I've never heard of Robot Hero, the company making this one. It's not FansToys (who seems to be going under an alias for other figures). It's not Mastermind Creations. Not ToyWorld. Not Unique Toys. Not Open Play... actually... Yup. It's Open Play Big Spring, with new colors and a much improved head sculpt. However, I remember buying Open Play Big Spring for like $40! So $85 isn't seeming like such a great deal anymore. Open Play was a fun figure, so I think I'll keep this PO.

edit: I looked up my orders, and I actually paid $80 for the previous version. However, I do remember seeing it get a deeper discount for periodic sale prices.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:14 am

I have a Prime to go with every Megatron in my collection, but can anyone recommend a Prime to go with either Apollyon or Despotron. Doesn’t matter if the Prime can transform or not.

I’ve got Weijiang Megamaster to go with MP1, DLX Siege Megs & Prime, preordered Megatank for DLX Bumblebee Prime. I’m thinking Gunfighter just to have a Prime to go with either one. Any suggestions are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:27 am

Magic Square Light of Freedom would go with Apollyon or Despotron. They’re both in scale with MP10, and so is MS LoF. Transform Element Op Leader is also the same scale as MP10. Both LoF and Op Leader have more of an animated model look. Both are excellent figures too. But they’re probably sold out now or very pricey.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:04 pm

Thanks for you input Norm! I placed an order for the metallic version Magic Square Light of Freedom from ShowZ for $120. After looking at the reviews for that one I can’t wait to get it in.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:47 pm

heman008 wrote:
Thanks for you input Norm! I placed an order for the metallic version Magic Square Light of Freedom from ShowZ for $120. After looking at the reviews for that one I can’t wait to get it in.

Ooh, glad you were able to find one! Between Transform Element Op Leader and MS LoF, LoF edges it out ever so slightly as my fav. Be wary of the unorthodox type of plastic it uses. You may feel it right away, that the plastic feels weird, thin but durable because it's kinda flexible. It weirds people out, and feels light, but it's definitely a sturdy figure.

Also, I'm glad I didn't confuse my recommendation. Magic Square also specializes in legends scale, and they do some magnificent figures that are practically tiny Masterpieces. Their Opttimus Prime at that scale is called Light of Justice, and I wound up buying the metallic version of that thinking it was the MP scale figure. It showed up and it was so tiny, and I just laughed at myself. S'what I get for not paying attention.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:07 pm

NORM wrote:
heman008 wrote:

Ooh, glad you were able to find one! Between Transform Element Op Leader and MS LoF, LoF edges it out ever so slightly as my fav. Be wary of the unorthodox type of plastic it uses. You may feel it right away, that the plastic feels weird, thin but durable because it's kinda flexible. It weirds people out, and feels light, but it's definitely a sturdy figure.

Also, I'm glad I didn't confuse my recommendation. Magic Square also specializes in legends scale, and they do some magnificent figures that are practically tiny Masterpieces. Their Opttimus Prime at that scale is called Light of Justice, and I wound up buying the metallic version of that thinking it was the MP scale figure. It showed up and it was so tiny, and I just laughed at myself. S'what I get for not paying attention.
Yeah I had to double check myself because as you said Magic Square does great legends figures. But since it’s not a scale I really collect I never took a second glance. I never knew they made a Masterpiece scale Prime. Thanks for the heads up on the plastic. Really looking forward to this guy.

Also went ahead and grabbed a copy of Archenemy. It’s been something I’ve been wanting to grab for the longest time.

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:55 pm

Damn, this looks nice. I dunno if it's the best Devastator but it's already the coolest, imho:
LuckyCat MC-02 - Riki-Oh (Legend Scale?) Cube Contructicons & Devastator

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”