Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:55 pm

Tarantulas is starting to build up at my Target along with Elita-1.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:10 pm

Got my Tarantulas and also snagged a Terrorsaur for a price I don’t even want to admit, but hey my S1 Predacons are complete.

Bring on Inferno!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:24 pm

Besides the lone Knockout my buddy found me, I have now found a Knockout, Tarantulas, and Elita-1 at a different store. Grabbed the spider for him. Came back a few days later, Elita was still sitting there by herself, so I grabbed her, but haven't opened her yet (haven't even taken her out of the bag yet, lol). I like Earthrise Elita, and I want this mold with Minerva.

Also, it's looking like Wild Rider is going to be as aggravating & frustrating as Drag Strip was to find (and I'd say Motormaster, too, but I got mine off Amazon, and despite the price tags still being up at Target, have never seen a single one in the wild). The worst part is, if I'd just overpaid through Pulse a week and a half ago, instead of hoping to save a few bucks off the MSRP & my Red Card discount at Target, he would've already arrived at my mom's, and I could've picked him up yesterday. :|

I am so ready for Alpha Trion, too. Already grabbed one of those Dr. Wu sceptres for him off eBay for $13!

Oh, and supposedly, my buddy heard Target was clearancing out the 4-pack with Goldbug for $36. I like my black (SG) stand-in, but I'd do that. Sell the bugs I don't want for $10 each, come out with gold Goldbug for $6+ tax! Unfortunately, every store I've scanned them at still shows $74...
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:13 pm

I refuse to pay $32 for Red Cog so I'm constantly scanning him to see if he's dropped in price. I thought for sure he would have made the latest round of clearance.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:22 pm

Yyyyyyyyyyyup, this is gonna be another rage-inducing Drag Strip situation.

Stopped by my closest store on my way to work this morning. Two Elitas, nothing else.

*sigh*
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:17 am

I never had any trouble finding Dragstrip. In fact, I'm pretty sure my Walmart has 2 right now. Wildrider was a pain though. I missed out on the Pulse preorder for Dead End so I'm going to stress about finding him as well. I'm hoping Breakdown goes up for preorder this weekend during Pulsecon so I can set it and forget it.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:26 pm

Oh, Dragstrip started flooding EVERYWHERE as soon as I got him from Pulse, as if some sick joke.

Norm found me a Wildrider, which is ironic, since I passed on Pulse because I wanted to save the $2 difference in MSRP & get my 5% Red Card discount, and now I've overpaid $10 for shipping (but I did so, because I am VERY GRATEFUL for his help).

I hope Breakdown doesn't suck. Wildrider & Dead End look like they suck, and BD is my favorite. DS & MM are great! I don't know what happened with the last two.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:20 am

So more pics of Inferno are up on Youtube and he does have all four butt flaps.

Can't wait to have him in the collection.

Then I'll just need Silverbolt and Quickstrike to feel complete.

Yeah I know there's Rampage and Depth Charge too, but I don't know how likely they'd be given their size.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:55 am

I may have to go look that up, cause, not gonna lie, that was my biggest hindrance for picking him up. The ant legs kind of jutting out from the side like Waspinator was the other one. But if one of those is fixed, I may actually get him.

*edit* Ok so I looked at the new pics. The 4th panel does exist, but it looks tiny. Like its half the size of the other 3. So it will still look awkward in some poses. And I noticed just how inaccurate the figure actually is. His torso is wrong. His ant legs stick out alot (like I noted earlier). His gun is wrong, which was also noted at some point, and also doubles as his jets, so one or the other has to be displayed. And he lacks the really cool plastic of the original with all the glitter and shine. I will still probably skip it. But odds are I will decide if I see it in store (if I can even get a good look at it cause of the new boxes). All it seems he really has going for him is his head.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:23 am

I’m seeing a lot more Wildriders out there. Never had too much trouble seeing Dragstrip although he’s becoming scarce now. I’ve yet to see Motormaster. I hope Pulsecon has some good news about getting Cosmos a bit easier.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:58 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:55 am
I may have to go look that up, cause, not gonna lie, that was my biggest hindrance for picking him up. The ant legs kind of jutting out from the side like Waspinator was the other one. But if one of those is fixed, I may actually get him.

*edit* Ok so I looked at the new pics. The 4th panel does exist, but it looks tiny. Like its half the size of the other 3. So it will still look awkward in some poses. And I noticed just how inaccurate the figure actually is. His torso is wrong. His ant legs stick out alot (like I noted earlier). His gun is wrong, which was also noted at some point, and also doubles as his jets, so one or the other has to be displayed. And he lacks the really cool plastic of the original with all the glitter and shine. I will still probably skip it. But odds are I will decide if I see it in store (if I can even get a good look at it cause of the new boxes). All it seems he really has going for him is his head.

The same could be said for just about all of the Beast Wars figures, but that's because they tweaked all the beast modes to lean towards being more realistic.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:18 am

NORM wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:51 pm
Begins? That could easily have happened the same way with packaging that has a plastic window. That's blatant theft, and it's been going on since the dawn of time.
Yup. I found over 30 items opened and stolen in the toy isle work last week.

This was on the shelf a few weeks ago.

ImageGhost starscream by lionpride75, on Flickr

ImageGhost starscream by lionpride75, on Flickr
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Transformers: Legacy

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:47 am

Trunks3540 wrote:I may have to go look that up, cause, not gonna lie, that was my biggest hindrance for picking him up. The ant legs kind of jutting out from the side like Waspinator was the other one. But if one of those is fixed, I may actually get him.

I think the designer, Mark, pointed out that Hasbro tried to make both Inferno’s blaster and his jets but that it would not cost out so he had to pick just one. The attempt is to have a weapon that could work for both but obviously not at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:32 pm

Honestly it's not a terrible figure. It's not Rhinox bad. It's a slight step up from Waspinator. Maybe in the same vein as Cheetor and Tigatron. *If* you don't have the old one and they're not gonna rerelease it then it would probably be worth picking up. But it's a slight downgrade to the og. Now, if a 3rd party were to make some replacement parts, such as the proper guns, maybe a replacement for the tiny panel on the bottom, and some way to get rid of those unsightly ant legs in robot mode, it may be a bit better. But that being said, that's extra money. And most of the time, upgrade kits usually cost about as much as some figures. Some are worth it, some are meh.

Toy Hound
Customized

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:59 pm

Have to say, I was a little let down by the Transformers segment of pulsecon. No studio series Dinobots, breakdown will be the only one I order. Anyone else feel a little let down? I’m thinking GI Joe will own it again. On a pulse side, the other D &D figures are on pulse.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”