Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:57 pm

Yes they are, but the reviews I've read are favorable. They transform a bit different then Hasbro's do. Like I said, they almost look like they have an animated feel to them. I just thought they looked pretty cool, for being a 3rd part knock off. I believe they're made by MechFanToys.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:39 pm

MechFansToys makes excellent figures. They aren’t really in scale with main line though. They did make some Autobot mini bots that could pass though. Gears, Swerve, Pipes, Huffer, though the latter two are now obsolete thanks to the main line. They probably fit better with the old legends class from Prime Trilogy.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:57 am

NORM wrote:MechFansToys makes excellent figures. They aren’t really in scale with main line though. They did make some Autobot mini bots that could pass though. Gears, Swerve, Pipes, Huffer, though the latter two are now obsolete thanks to the main line. They probably fit better with the old legends class from Prime Trilogy.
Yea that's what the reviews said, that they were pretty well done. I was actually considering getting them if I could find the gold versions. But with the new SS86 ones and the PotP ones I have already space is an issue lol.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:59 am

Found Wheelie at Target tonight. I still need to track down Daniel as my store skipped over that wave.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:46 am

I’ve never seen exosuit Spike in a store in person. I’ve only been able to order it online. I have two to represent both Spike and Daniel.

BBTS beat retail to fulfilling my Wheelie/Ratchet order. Gonna wait for just one more item before I ship the loot.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:08 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:58 am
Ok why do these look better then they deserve to? I mean, the bright yellow is offputting. But I've seen pics of them with gold instead of yellow. They feel like cheap knock offs. But, they actually look decent. Kind of an animated style feel to them. And they actually come with all the weapons they should lol.Image

I have, IMO, the better gold set (first release) of these and they are indeed smaller scaled but very appropriately G1 toys (not cartoon like the SS). They're absolutely amazing and really solid 3P formers. They might be the best modern G1 inspired/homage Dinobots made by anyone to date. I got them after passing on the disappointing Power of Prime or whatever dinobot combiner set that Hasbro released a few years back.

I thought they would be my be all, end all Dinobots, but then Hasbro struck back with the Studio Series line and that will now be my end all, be all Dinobots. I enjoy them more than the G1 design, to be honest.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:07 am

Yea if the SS ones didn't exist already I would try to track the gold ones down. I really like how they came with all the weapons, and the designs feel a little more streamlined. I didn't know they were a thing until I posted about them. I have the PotP ones, which is what you're thinking of, and I'm fine with those, but they were just missing too many of their weapons. I bought a bunch of them from Shapeways and that makes them better. If the SS ones would've come with their swords I would call those the definitive ones. I'll probably end up getting the rest of those on Shapeways as well, since I don't like the designs of the ones on Ebay, and they don't attach to the bots in dino mode like the Shapeways versions. I'm a sucker for the Dinobots and really like most versions that come out. I even have both retail sets of the live action movie ones, and I like those designs as well, even though some people don't. I didn't buy the exclusive sets though, too expensive, even though they looked good.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:08 am

Picked up '86 Arcee at Target. I haven't opened her yet, but after watching an early review, I know what to expect.

Now I need to track down Spike & hope to find Ironhide since I missed the Pulse preorder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

AdrienVeidt
A Smaller Man of a Smaller Scale

Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Speaking of enjoying 3p Dinobots I'm still giddy with my Iron Factory Cybertronian set. There's never enough Cybertronian modes out there, and IF need to do the Constructicons as I doubt the coming box-former set will be the same size/scale.
Zombie F-Body
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: "Never before have lives less lived been more chronicled"-Dennis Miller about social media

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:21 am

Found several Exosuit Spikes at Target. Guess he's getting another shot at retail. Quickly cancelled my Amazon pre-order. Kind of a neat little figure. I have the MP one and the 3P ones of him and Daniel but I think this is my favorite of them all. I'm cool with the thing that came with Slag being my default Daniel.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:04 pm

Picked up Wheelie today. Nifty little figure, but I guess that due to his size, there wasn't a lot that could be done about the rump kibble. Everything else looks and works great. Only other thing I don't love is the sculpt of his feet, making them look like they're on the opposite legs.
WhattheWhat
Super Poseable

Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:08 am

After picking up studio series Arcee, am I the only one that prefers her white/pink/black version (generations?) over this one? The backpack just seems too long.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:57 am

Grabbed Sludge for 40 with the Target sale today.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:33 am

Man I keep telling myself I’m going to wait I’m going to wait. I got Grimlock and Ultra Magnus on the Target 20% off sales. Then I convinced myself it wasn’t coming. Bought Sludge. I love the guy but walk into Target today and bam there’s Sludge at discounted cost. I found Tarantulus last week. Love that figure! That not Elita can I find during the sale. The four pack is tempting. I’m just stupid about the scale of the Insecticons in deluxe mode. I want they like Bubblebee and Cliffjumper size but they are much bigger.

Oh well. Great to have three Dinobots I never had as a kid.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:48 pm

I understand that. I only had Swoop and Slag when I was a kid, but wanted the others so badly. I could only play with the others when I visited a friend who oddly had the 3 I didn't, but was slacking the 2 I had. It feels great to be able to fill those spots as an adult--its like an emotional healing of sorts.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”

Recent Topics