Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm

Just received Blurr and Burn Out from Pulse. Waiting for them to fulfill Scourge, got Override and Road Hauler from bricks & mortar. Road Rocket is my last active preorder from Walmart, I am canceling everything else I found already. So it's just Cosmos I'm hunting in person. Fingers crossed.

What other IDW designs like Blurr and T30 Springer have been officially released from Hasbro?
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:25 pm

Just got Jhiaxus from Dorkside. What a sleek robot mode. Very nice range of motion for a big poseable bot. He’s got a unique and striking look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 am

NORM wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:50 pm
Just received Blurr and Burn Out from Pulse. Waiting for them to fulfill Scourge, got Override and Road Hauler from bricks & mortar. Road Rocket is my last active preorder from Walmart, I am canceling everything else I found already. So it's just Cosmos I'm hunting in person. Fingers crossed.

What other IDW designs like Blurr and T30 Springer have been officially released from Hasbro?
Good Luck with Cosmos. I found Metroplex today at Target, going back tomorrow to purchase I think.

Ok, Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus was Alex Milne's MTMTE version. That series' Optimus was based off Livio Ramondelli's art although it was somewhat compromised by being both a combiner and a shared mold with Motormaster at the time. I still loved him, but SND, a 3rd party, is doing a very dedicated IDW Prime I just pre-ordered off TFSource last week if you're interested. T30 Skids and Nightbeat were MTMTE. I always felt Sentinel Prime was comic based. Overlord...sort of??

They were all enjoyable, but WFC reset the bar so well as Warden promised and I love that little bits of of the comic universe are starting to enter the line now. Maybe we get Rodimus, Optimus and a slew of others too.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Found all the Velocitron at my mom's Walmart on Friday. Glad I had the day off & checked before going to her apartment, instead of my usual Saturday & after. Grabbed Override, Cosmos, and Scourge (already got Blurr from Pulse). They're all amazing, though, like PvP, I kinda wish Cosmos' center section was able to sink down into the saucer more, though I have no idea how they'd accomplish that with his current engineering.

Scourge, man...I grabbed Prime because he's Prime, but I skipped the CHUG version, and even this one isn't great. And while Scourge is literally the exact same mold, there's just something about his color scheme that makes it work. I mean, this is a figure I've been tempted to track down the original, less articulated version, that's how good he's ALWAYS looked, lol.
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:20 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:20 pm
Found all the Velocitron at my mom's Walmart on Friday. Glad I had the day off & checked before going to her apartment, instead of my usual Saturday & after. Grabbed Override, Cosmos, and Scourge (already got Blurr from Pulse). They're all amazing, though, like PvP, I kinda wish Cosmos' center section was able to sink down into the saucer more, though I have no idea how they'd accomplish that with his current engineering.

Scourge, man...I grabbed Prime because he's Prime, but I skipped the CHUG version, and even this one isn't great. And while Scourge is literally the exact same mold, there's just something about his color scheme that makes it work. I mean, this is a figure I've been tempted to track down the original, less articulated version, that's how good he's ALWAYS looked, lol.
I was fortunate to jump back in on Transformers as an adult collector when the original RID was coming out. So many great figures from that line, and Scourge is definitely one of my favorites. Those colors on that mold work so well.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:01 pm

I am still somewhat in disbelief, but I found Cosmos today. Full stock of the deluxe Velocitron figures, multiples of all, but just a single Cosmos. Also picked up Road Rocket and canceled my online order. Also finally picked up Prime Arcee. So this was my first time with the mold. Cosmos is great though. So glad I’m covered, but will continue the occasional hunt because I know buddies who are looking.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:11 pm

PO'd Pointblank and Deadend from Pulse. Don't care about the rest of the drops today.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:49 pm

sepster wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:11 pm
PO'd Pointblank and Deadend from Pulse. Don't care about the rest of the drops today.
Same, but add Ironhide. The rest I’ll pick up if I catch them on sale.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 pm

Thanks for pointing out Ironhide was up, NORM! I missed him by only checking the Legacy section and not Studio Series. Thankfully, I was able to just go back and PO him too.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:25 pm

Other sites have pre-orders up now. TFW has a great set of links:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/16/new ... ive-463619
Akatsuki

Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 pm

So many cool drops today. I ordered a bunch.

If you watched the livestream, you saw that Beast Wars Inferno does indeed have four parts to his back-mounted thrusters, and the whole thing does spin freely. So he looks like a fantastic upgrade.

Had to get Transmetal 2 Dragon Megatron. I love the original, but this one looks really nice, too. Lots of textures.

Skullgrin was my favorite Pretender back in the day, and this new version looks great!

I walked into a Walmart over the weekend, which I only do maybe 2-3 times per year, and I actually found Scourge. But I have a preorder on Pulse, and I didn’t feel like waiting in line, so I left without him. But I immediately regretted it. I feel like I should have just gotten him when I saw him. I like that color scheme a lot.

Akatsuki

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:33 am

I guess I missed this—so Siege Ironhide was a tall Deluxe figure, but now Studio Series Ironhide will be a Voyager? I wonder how much is different.

Found a comparison on TFW2005:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/05/tra ... ges-462743

So it looks like maybe shared engineering but all different sculpt.

Edit: Actually, it sounds like 86 Ironhide has more complex engineering all around. I really like the Siege and Earthrise versions, but this new 86 Ironhide looks like the ultimate version. Psyched to get him!

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:57 am

That Dragon Megs has a few flaws that I see, he still looks all in all better then the og. I preordered him, no hesitation. The original one is like a grail of mine, and to have a version that shouldn't break when I try to transform it and that doesn't require me selling a kidney to offord is wizard. I just wish it had Vac Metal. But I guess their shittier redux of Optimal Optimus didn't either. Probably doesn't bode well for getting vac metal on the rest of the "new" Transmetals. That may be a deciding factor on me upgrading or sticking with my old ones I know and love. Mine are in pretty good condition aside from a few scrapes and nicks, except for the usual offender Rattrap. His shit flaked off years ago and I put sealer on the rest to hope it stays on. And my Transmetals Airazor's leg snapped off. But I like the new Airazor better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Akatsuki

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:41 am

Regarding Transmetals, it would be cool to get Transmetal 1 Megatron. I always liked that design, but the original figure felt a little small, and my figure’s legs were kind of messed up in robot mode. It would be nice to get a modern upgrade.

And then Rampage. Such an awesome character. I’d love to get a new figure of him. Will be really hard to beat the original figure, but it would be fun to see the attempt.

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:52 am

There’s so much stuff coming I’m actually less and less interested in, which is a relief. I mentioned what I did preorder, but things like Crankcase, Skullgrin, if I find in store, I’d probably pick up eventually. They’re not the kind of pieces I’m in a rush to get or need to ensure with a preorder.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”